“Nice but just a little "tired"” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Fort Myers, Florida
“Nice but just a little "tired"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night during a recent sight seeing trip to Northern CA. The town was larger than most in the area and Hotel selections are limited. Once we got in the room, it had a bit of a funky smell, and got the A/C running things were pretty good. Bed was good, place was clean. A lot of guys who were working in the area apparently like to stay there as I saw several big trucks come in after 5 pm. So, good value and reasonable prices. A big bathroom which is always appreciated. Can't forget the free breakfast ... a good way to start the day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Scottsdale
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

New carpet odor overpowered room. Cigarette burns on bedspread (see pics). Stains on bedspread (didn't show up well on pics). Door latch missing (see pics). Worn out furniture (see pics). Old style TV. Phone cord had to be held in for phone to work. Nice, friendly, cheerful admin staff. Very good shower. Better than expected breakfast, including scrambled eggs and sausage.

Wi-Fi was okay (but not fast) in early afternoon, but by evening it was pretty slow. The next morning (at 8am) it was fast.

By State Street Ukiah standards this place is probably pretty good; and the price is right (mid-$70's). There are much nicer (and more expensive) hotels in Ukiah near the Walmart just a mile or two away. This is an okay place to stay if you're on a budget, but I don't know how it got a four rating on Tripadvisor. I don't want to be too hard on this place, but a hotel with a four rating should be better than this.

I noticed other recent comments about renovations. Maybe they haven't gotten around to my room yet, other than the smelly new carpet. If there weren't so many minor problems with my room, and it didn't have the bad “new carpet smell,” and the Wi-Fi was a little faster, maybe I would have given it a four too. With a little work, this place could be so much better. It could be the “Star of State Street.”

As an added plus, it's a VERY short walk to the Ukiah Garden Cafe; a great place to eat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that hasn't had new carpet laid in the last few days.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Torrance, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

It was a great Inn with all the facilities mentioned on their web site. It was clean, with a big bathroom. Very good customer service. Highly recommend if you are on your way to Northern California or to Oregon. A++++++

Room Tip: Its a pet friendly Inn......
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Hotels are fairly scarce in Ukiah, and those which are acceptable to stay in are ridiculously over-priced for the location; the exception is this Quality Inn. It is clean and comfortable, and the management is extremely friendly and makes you feel welcome. I strongly recommend this hotel as your best choice in Ukiah.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DaniFour5
Pollock Pines, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I've stayed at dozens upon dozens of Choice Brand Hotels over the last several years. As we traveled Northern California on Highway 101 there aren't many Choice Brand Hotels in the area. This particular hotel was unbelievable and we almost didn't stay but I'm so glad we did.

Sometimes with a Quality Inn you're not getting quite the same experience as a Comfort Inn or Suite. This hotel also is literally next door to a "cheap looking" motel and as we drove towards it I almost changed my mind about staying there. However pull in the parking lot and you'll see that it's separate from the hotel next door and for a Quality Inn it's amazing!

From a customer service perspective I don't think I've seen it better at any Choice Brand Hotel. The manager was very polite, professional and super helpful to us. He told us some great places to eat and he was spot on. We told him we needed a quiet room so he made some adjustments for us. Later on he checked on us to make sure everything was as expected.

The hotel had been remodeled and turned into a Quality Inn and for the price in the area I don't see a better deal out there. It's clean and modern and couple that with the service I'd stay there every time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Talk to the attendant when you get there and ask them which room they'd want if they were stayin...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Just as the title says this is a decent room for a decent price. Yes there are some age issues and cosmetic issues but they seem to be just that, only cosmetic. Room was comfortable, staff was friendly and the price was fair. I always use AAA card which gives me a 10% discount for my rooms.

There was some light air traffic during my stay this time from Cal Fire planes landing at the nearby airport which I don't remember on my last stay here. I expect that is due to wild fires
in neighboring counties. There was no fire danger anywhere near town that I could see or that I heard about. I never felt I was in any danger.

The "breakfast" amenities are minimal, 2 choices of cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage links, toast, tiny muffins and 2 different types of coffee and some juices. Its enough to get the day started but not much more than that.

Still a decent place to stay in Ukiah just don't expect the Ritz and you should be fine. I will stay here on future business trips.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Guerneville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed at Quality Inn during a family gathering at Lake Mendocino. The entire process, from initial reservation though check-in and departure was a positive experience. The room was sparkling clean, well equipped and quiet. Parking area & grounds were immaculate and obviously well cared for. QI staff were friendly, helpful and very customer oriented. Pricing was favorable. We would not hesitate to recommend this place and will definitely stay there when in the area again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms more private.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family