Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St.
US$116
US$168
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose(Union City)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$95
Motel 6
  • Pool
US$100
Courtyard Newark Silicon Valley(Newark)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$241
Hotels.com
US$121
US$213
US$196
US$152
All reviewsgranola barsthe hotel managerrecommend this hotelhome away from homeroom was clean and comfortablehaywardamritrates
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Had an excellent stay here, staff was friendly and there's great restaurants within walking distance, everything was included and everything was clean, pool was nice as well, Shannon was great at the front desk

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St., responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

William - Thank you for your kind review. We are so glad that you enjoyed everything our hotel had to offer. We are proud of our staff, especially Shannon, for taking such great care of you

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This stay was horrible. I will never stay at Extended Stay again and I will recommend everyone else choose another hotel also. I tried to call in the early part of the day for an early check in and no one would answer the phone. I called several times. Upon arrival at 5 o'clock I was told the room wasn't ready. At 6:30 I had my roommate check on the room and it still wasn't ready. When finally allowed to go into the room the hallways were filthy and it was dark. Upon entering the room and checking things out, there was left over food in the refrigerator, the sheets had spots and hair in them and the soap in the bathroom was open. We called the front desk and asked for someone to be sent up to fix this. A lady came and changed the sheets. We were disappointed in the room. The word suite in most cases entail a living room set up with a couch of some sort. This was a normal hotel room so this is deceiving in my opinion. We asked for utensils and cookware and the from desk asked us to come get it. We asked for a manager and was told no one would be there until Tuesday. Later in the evening we were told the manager would be there the next day by someone else. We wanted to use the pool area but the furniture was tattered and worn. We were afraid we would fall through. Upon leaving I had to find a luggage rack myself, it was falling apart and I was glad I was leaving. I will never recommend this place. It is just roach motel with makeup. No thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is the second time I planned to stay here. When I checked in the first time they informed me they only had smoking rooms available even though I had booked a non smoking room. Fortunately, it was early enough that I was able get a room elsewhere.
A few months later I tried again. Same story from the hotel except it was too late in the day to find a room elsewhere. The refrigerator door needs to be pushed closed and the countertop needs to be replaced. Last time for me to try here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sam M
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St., responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Sam - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the booking issues that you experienced during your stay. I will meet with the staff to review our reservations policy and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, ouc@extendedstay.com. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel recently and went in after reading all the previous reviews. For the most part, things were as I expected - a budget hotel located just off the edge of a crowded retail/restaurant area. I was worried about overnight car break-in, which thankfully did not happen.

First the negatives...The big downer was that the quality of the room. The bed linen and pillow covers looked clean but did not have the freshness of having been put through a washer/dryer. The duvet/comforter appeared lumpy and not at all welcoming. Also had to use some elbow grease on some of the cutlery stains in the kitchenette. The bathroom had a leaky shower faucet that needed attention - especially in drought ridden county. Breakfast was basically tea/coffee plus packaged vending items laid out by the reception like muffins, breakfast bars and some fruit.

On the positive side, the room itself was clean, had enough towels and being on the 3rd floor there was no noise. Also the front desk staff is very pleasant and helpful.

Overall for the price (average $ 100 per night) they could have gone the extra mile to provide better room facilities and breakfast. There are plenty of other hotels in the area with such prices with daily housekeeping included.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dan – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Your feedback regarding our overall room conditions are greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, ouc@extendedstay.com.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

It's perfect location as everything is close by, shopping, restaurant etc. The staff is very helpful and the facilities is well maintained and have a full kitchen just like your on your own home.
The disadvantage was, this is the only hotel i stayed that you have to pay extra bucks to have your room clean. No housekeeping around and you will have to throw your own garbage.
Towels and sheets plus toiletries have to get it from the reception desk.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St., responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel including our convenient location. Please know, our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services can be purchased for a minimal fee.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!