“IM NOT ONE TO WRITE REVIEWS”

Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Union City
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I have stayed in many different hotels traveling for business so far this has been the best experience yet.. Very friendly staff whom all were very very nice. They were so nice and polite. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. ANY KIND OF FOOD/DRINKS YOU WANT IS WALKING DISTANCE!!! very clean rooms.

PLEASE GO SEE SHUJA MUMTAZ AT FRONT DESK FOR A GREAT EXPERIENCE.

Room Tip: not sure about this but I was in room 215
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kris b

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I travel for business and this location was 2.7 miles to my work. I was happy with my week stay. The front desk staff was friendly and quick to help with what ever your request might be. I paid a dollar one night for a candy bar and it stuck in the machine. The gentleman behind the desk tried to help me but could not budge the candy so he grabbed another dollar and when the machine turned on both candy bars dropped and he gave me both! He insisted, very nice! I liked my room, bed and pillows were comfy. I did enjoy the breakfast each morning. They had those delicious cinnamon rolls every morning and I had to have just one EVERY day! Lol! I made a plate and took it back to my room and heated it in the microwave if I didn't get to it right away. They do provide a refrigerator as well which is nice to keep drinks and snacks and even the occasional left overs from the many restaurants that were near by. Also any kind of shopping as well as a movie theatre are all in walking distance! I drove but it is that close. There was just one nail place in that huge array of shopping and it took me a while to find it but I got a pedicure and they were so friendly and did a great job! I really wanted Mexican food one night and the front desk gentleman suggested Chevy's and it was lively and fun and the bar had great happy hour pricing. It was really good, a great suggestion! Over all the hotel is in a great location if you are staying there locally. But that freeway looked so menacing and I was so happy that I didn't have to access it on a daily basis. When I drove back to the Oakland Airport I did have to access the freeway and yes it was miserable but it was Friday night and it took me almost an hour. I liked the hotel, I liked the staff and I liked that there was so much for me to do each evening!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MissHennessy
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Hennessy,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were please with the breakfast options, clean and comfortable rooms, the TV selection and the location!
We strive to make every guest comfortable and happy and it seems we made that happen. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again very soon!

Best Regards,

Marie
General Manager.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Okay, so if you're work takes you to Silicon Valley be aware that this is nowhere near Silicon Valley despite the name. The traffic up and down 880 back to SV is just the worst, so it'll be at least an hour to go those 20 miles in rush hour traffic if you're lucky.

The door wouldn't lock. The people in the room next door were not that loud really, and yet it was hard to concentrate since the walls are so thin.

The Wi-Fi was virtually unusable. It took nearly 20 minutes to get the login page to load. Once in I decided to hit speedtest.net and get a test result and gave up after 15 minutes or so waiting for the page to load. Eventually I managed to get on and things seemed tolerable but seriously...

Spacious room. Decent lighting and outlets. Unimpressive (meaning saggy/soft) bed. A/C works fine. Adequate parking. Acceptable check-in at front desk. Cheap/worn furniture. Microwave and mini-fridge (with the requisite freezer full of ice buildup) in the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Fanfoot
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Fanfoot,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the room ans air conditioning.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the furniture, the bed ans the internet service. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hotel staff was friendly. It's in a good location - very close to the freeway, stores and restaurants. The room and hotel was clean and in good condition. There is adequate parking. They offered a breakfast but I met someone elsewhere so didn't partake.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear MJOHara,

Here at Holiday Inn Express, we pride ourselves on going above and beyond for each guest. We appreciate your loyalty and business.
I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete our survey. We appreciate your thoughts and comments.
I am so pleased to hear that you were able to sleep so soundly in our comfortable beds! We enjoy hearing such positive feedback from our guests.
We look forward to seeing you again, and soon!

Marie Cornell
(510) 475-0600

Reviewed 16 October 2013

So this was a 2 night business plus pleasure trip and we wanted a convenient utilitarian place to stay. The hotel was spotless, quiet, with efficient service and seamless transactions. Thai free parking, internet and hot breakfast were included sweetened the deal. i would definitely stay here again when in the Bay area for a short trip. This is one of my rare trips from which I could not come up with a single complaint.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are quiet, no trains, planes trucks or rowdy kids. Blissfully quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Adnora,

We glad to read your lovely comments. specially you like our over all hospitality including free parking, comforts and cleanliness of room, hot breakfast and friendly staff services.
We appreciate again for your business.

We love to see you again!

Thanks,

Marie Cornell

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Kudos,
Thanks to the front desk we had a great stay, even thought we were a little loud(it seemed that someone was complaining about us). Our Kids had a great time in the pool and I was able to get some work done, usually we stay at family's but this was a great change.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Jay DabomB,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments for our hotel, We love to read that you liked our friendly staff and room services. and more importantly our guest happiness, comforts and safety is the concern to us.

We share your comments with our entire team for their motivation and improvement.

Hope to see you again!

Thanks again for your lovely comments!

Marie
GM

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed here on business for a couple nights. The hotel and room were very clean. The rooms were updated and quiet at night. The staff was friendly. WIFI is solid. Didn't use the pool, but it looked good. The location is not the best if your visiting San Fran (it's about 45 min-1hr to downtown + a toll). The location is great if you're passing through or just staying in Oak town.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Union City
Hampton Inn Union City
Hampton Inn Union City
#1 of 4 in Union City
Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City
Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St.
Days Inn Fremont
Days Inn Fremont
#8 of 19 in Fremont
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley

Been to Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose? Share your experiences!