“Family Memories”

Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Union City
“Family Memories”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I recently attended a reunion dinner with my family last month, and was very happy with the experience I got to have with my family at the Crowne Plaza. The service was amazing, and the staff was exceedingly polite. My family and I also enjoyed the delicious dinner served. The rooms were dated... however every thing was absolutely clean.

I really recommend this hotel, for families especially this is a great place to make memories!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
CrownePlaza510, Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your banquet experience with us and I will sure forward your compliments about your great experience with all of our banquet staffs!

We hope you can come visit us again in the near future here in the Union City area, because you will be impressed with our brand new remodeled rooms. Feel free to check out our prototype show rooms to see how our rooms will be renovated. Thank you very much for your business!

Cristina Lin Asst. General Manager
Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North - Union City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kingsburg, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Credit card was authorized during check in and then again for amount charged on the card at check out for authorization total of $1,179 when only had 2 rooms for 1 night. The reservations were changed from 2 nights to 1 but still a second authorization should not have been done at check out especially since it was over authorized for more night then staying in the first place. More training of the front desk about credit card authorization could have prevented a chain of inconveniences we experienced while traveling. We use credit cards for main source of funding through out the week and all available credit was authorized for 1st night out of town. They did not try to go out of their way to handle this when we called after we realized what had happened.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Union City hotels

Shanghai
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were on a tour and stayed at the hotel for two nights. There was no refrigerator in the room. And there was not even any towel in the bathroom. Every time I call the housekeeper, the phone would be transferred to the receptionist. Then, it was a long wait for anything we asked. The room and the bed was not very clean. There was nothing in the neighborhood. Will not stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TaraQu
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear TaraQu,

Thank you for your review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced. I assure you the feedback we receive will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night last week. The outside was promising...white lights on the building and a tidy lobby. Once I got to my room it was all downhill. The room was very muggy and smelled like mildew. The closet door would shut at all. The lighting was terrible. It was VERY dark. The coffee pot in the room didn't work and there was no hair dryer in the room. The paint above the shower had mold spots on it and the paint looked like it was ready to completely peel off. There were a couple of good points. The bed was comfortable and the included breakfast was decent. I would not stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank drheathr
gujarat
Reviewed 10 July 2014

A huge hotel. Location of this hotel is very convenient for most location like Napa valley, redwood park, muirwood park, pier lane, airport and SFO downtown too. but housekeeping service is very poor in cleaning.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny, pool side rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 7 July 2014

How can IHG allow this property to keep the Crowne Plaza name? Granted I stayed using my IHG rewards points as a Platinum member at a bargain 5,000 points a night, for 3 nights, I vacated after the first night, so blew the remaining 10,000 points because this property was so bad.

I've attached photos but there are some major health and safety issues with this property.

- bathroom - mildew everywhere, and the bathtub was rusted with dirt and peeling around the sink area.
- the walls - holes as pictured
- the hallways - circa 1960s
- the lift - seen far better days
- the ice machines - pretty much out everywhere except for one in all of 6 levels
- health and safety? how about a used ear bud... gross and this remained here for 2 days.
- gym - failure to replace towels - completely empty and strewn everywhere
- gym - roofing soiled
- gym a/c - does not function

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank kawoh
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear kawoh,

Thank you for being one of our IHG Rewards Club Platinum members. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Israel
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel is in a nice location, close to a shopping area (Walmart. etc).
Lots of tourist buses can be a little annoying when waiting for the one elevator that services the building next to the hotel where I stayed.
the service is really good. First of all I was offered a voucher for breakfast.
I had forgotten some items in the room and had these shipped to me. The manager, Mark, and others at the reception there were really nice to help me getting the items shipped quickly.

The breakfast buffet has some issues. There were almost no items left and they didn't refill until I asked them. I also had to ask for toast a couple of times (there's no bread at the buffet - you have to ask them to bring you).... maybe it was just a bit messy was because of the indian tourists that devoured everything edible there... they had just left when I walked in....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gobitz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Union City
Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose
Hampton Inn Union City
Hampton Inn Union City
#1 of 4 in Union City
Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St.
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
Aloft Silicon Valley
Aloft Silicon Valley
#3 of 9 in Newark

Been to Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City? Share your experiences!