“the best deli”

Claro's Italian Markets
Ranked #1 of 223 Restaurants in Upland
Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Reviewed 15 April 2014

all the comments are true. my family has been going to claro's since the 50s. all the locations have the same great food and service and still run and staffed by family members. Italian transplants from the east coast used to and still do flock to the store. sells Italian groceries, wines and deli sandwiches, cold cuts and hot foods. always fresh. lots of imports. trip advisor only has reviews for arcadia and upland, but the Covina store is great. they know their customers. original store in san Gabriel. 6 locations in all. staff also knows their product. some store larger than others. it is a store, not a restaurant.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

When I was growing up I spent summers with family in NJ and New York City and had a lot of deli food. Shopping in this deli was like taking a trip back to my childhood. They have so many of the brand names I saw when little. We chose several items to make a great picnic lunch for our family to eat at the park. Very good tasting food, sliced to order, and a huge variety to choose from. Everything was very good quality, we had to stop ourselves from buying more than we could eat during our stay in Upland.

1  Thank SpicyAnthony
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Fantastic Italian imports and locally made deli and baked items; superb sandwiches and breads, reminds us of the local Italian delis in Chicago!

1  Thank lrcInlandEmpire_CA
Reviewed 18 July 2013

If you are looking for cuts of Italian meats and cheeses, then Claro's is the place to go! I wish we had one closer to where I currently live, but whenever I visit my family in Upland, CA, I always have fun stocking up on all of my Deli fav's at Claro's!

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I wouldn't shop anywhere else for my Italian food. I always purchase my cold cuts there, wouldn't even dream of purchasing Italian sausage for my homemade spaghetti sauce anywhere but at Claro's. It's a family run store with only the highest quality of meats, cheeses, hot foods and wow the bakery. It's simply the Best!

1  Thank Linda G