Super 8 Upper Lake
  • Pool
WorldMark Clear Lake(Nice)
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewswould stay here againneeded a place to stayconvenient locationfridge and microwavegreat place to staymotelsparklingmaidcasinopetclearlake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years while traveling. My stay has always been quiet and felt safe. The hotel interior and exterior are clean and beautiful, the location is nice and the price is fair. However, it is probably the outstanding customer service that always brings me back. I have dealt mostly with a man at the front desk named Kevin Parmar. He seems to always remember me, and he seems to possess a genuine desire to make sure the needs of his customers are met. Not all Super 8s are alike, and I would NOT recommend all of them, but I DO RECOMMEND the Super 8 Upper Lake on Hwy 20. Say "hi" to Kevin.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2013

READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK A ROOM WITH ANY SUPER 8.
This motel has nice rooms, in a convenient location and a good staff.
I had reserved a room with one bed for two nights. My son was moving and needed to stay with us so I called the motel directly to change to a room with two beds. The room was available, but I was told the motel could not make the change because I booked on line so I had to call the main number.

NOW THINGS GET REALLY STRANGE! We travel a lot and I have never encountered anything so odd!

When I called I was told that, EVEN THOUGH THE ROOM WAS AVAILABLE, I COULD NOT CHANGE THE RESERVATION because of the 3 day cancel policy. I said I didn't want to cancel the reservation, I just wanted two beds. I was told, a polite, but firm "No!" I asked to speak to a supervisor. I told her the same thing and she asked me to hold. When she came back she said she had made the change.

When we arrived at the motel we learned that the price had gone up from $59 to $83 a night! SHE HAD CANCELLED MY RESERVATION and rebooked it at the late, higher rate! The manager, Kevin, was very nice, but said it was out of his hands. He did lower the rate by $10.00, which I appreciated, since we had no place else to stay.

I will stay here again, but I will call and make my reservations directly with the motel staff.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 23 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Came in very late and the staff jumped right on our check-in so that we could get to sleep! Rooms were rather nice and updated. Would certainly stay there again. Had to leave very early so did not get a chance to check out breakfast or coffee service unfortunately but I assume it would have been up to par based on service thus far.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business