“So fine motel”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Upper Lake
Lulea, Sweden
“So fine motel”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

It was very clean and had really comfortable beds.
The staff were very friendly.
We will for absolutely stay here another time.
It is near to some restaurants and some antiuques shops that were interesting.

Håkan & Lisa.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hakan1957Buick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Upper Lake
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have never had service personnel steal from me before, but when I got back to my room three packs of cigarettes were missing from my suitcase. I'm glad I kept my prescription drugs locked in the car. The car alarm went off late at night so someone did try to get in it. The room was nice, but I will never be back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Upper Lake
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The room was very clean and quiet. The front desk person was outstanding in his treatment of us and I would recommend this hotel in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Shirley B
Comox, Canada
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Very clean and comfortable hotel. The room came with small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The king size bed was very comfortable. The hard working young couple were eager to please, helping us out with a small van issue that we had.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Yosemite National Park, California
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years while traveling. My stay has always been quiet and felt safe. The hotel interior and exterior are clean and beautiful, the location is nice and the price is fair. However, it is probably the outstanding customer service that always brings me back. I have dealt mostly with a man at the front desk named Kevin Parmar. He seems to always remember me, and he seems to possess a genuine desire to make sure the needs of his customers are met. Not all Super 8s are alike, and I would NOT recommend all of them, but I DO RECOMMEND the Super 8 Upper Lake on Hwy 20. Say "hi" to Kevin.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Sacramento, Ca
Reviewed 22 November 2013

READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK A ROOM WITH ANY SUPER 8.
This motel has nice rooms, in a convenient location and a good staff.
I had reserved a room with one bed for two nights. My son was moving and needed to stay with us so I called the motel directly to change to a room with two beds. The room was available, but I was told the motel could not make the change because I booked on line so I had to call the main number.

NOW THINGS GET REALLY STRANGE! We travel a lot and I have never encountered anything so odd!

When I called I was told that, EVEN THOUGH THE ROOM WAS AVAILABLE, I COULD NOT CHANGE THE RESERVATION because of the 3 day cancel policy. I said I didn't want to cancel the reservation, I just wanted two beds. I was told, a polite, but firm "No!" I asked to speak to a supervisor. I told her the same thing and she asked me to hold. When she came back she said she had made the change.

When we arrived at the motel we learned that the price had gone up from $59 to $83 a night! SHE HAD CANCELLED MY RESERVATION and rebooked it at the late, higher rate! The manager, Kevin, was very nice, but said it was out of his hands. He did lower the rate by $10.00, which I appreciated, since we had no place else to stay.

I will stay here again, but I will call and make my reservations directly with the motel staff.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are quieter.