“A resort tucked away”

GreenLeadersGold level
Torrance, California
“A resort tucked away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We took our family for a vacation in the Clear Lake area over the summer and stayed at the Lodge at Blue Lakes. It was one of the best vacations we have had. The lodge is unlike any other hotel you will find in that area of Lake County. We have seen other places and nothing compares. It is clean and very well taken care of. It was nothing like your typical hotel stay. They have outside grills, patios that everyone can use, and a boat dock. Their staff is super friendly and treat you like family. We stayed there almost two weeks and by the time we left, we did in fact feel like family.

The lodge sits right on the Blue Lakes. It is beautiful and one of the most peaceful getaways you will find. Continental breakfast is prepared every morning, but "continental" is an understatement. Their breakfasts are amazing and you get to dine with a breathtaking view of the Lake every morning.

They have cable and wifi which is great. Parking is unbelievable and the location is close enough to small towns in the area but tucked away enough to make you feel like you are at a resort destination.

If you are in Northern California, or just want to get away for a bit, you must check out this place. It is amazing! You won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the Lake side.
Green Features: It was good to see that this hotel was very environmentally conscious. We liked that.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Armonk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Suzette and her family maintain this picturesque spot on the lake immaculately. They greeted us with local wine and were extremely pleasant. Free one hour Kayak on the clean, clear lake. We stayed only one night but had we known it would be so pleasant we might have made arrangements to stay AN EXTRA DAY.

Room Tip: Face the lake, not the road.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just got back from the lodge at blue lakes and we were pleasantly surprised each step of the way. The staff was unbelievably friendly! Suzette, Jackie, and Tiffany were all outstanding. I'm 7 months pregnant and I felt so much warmth and genuine concern for me, it was as though I was with family. My husband and I rented a pontoon boat and enjoyed the fishing on the lake. We also cast a few off the pier. The BBQ area was well kept and it was great to have a little kitchenette to use. Breakfast was generous and delicious. The room was very clean. We will absolutely be back.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I could live there! That's right! It's the first thought that came to mind when I saw the view of the lake in person. It's just a dream place to be. Especially in the morning when the lake is calm and the view is simply beautiful, its sooo relaxing and disarming. I enjoyed my vacation with reckless abandon.
More importantly, The Lodge’s five star accommodation is excellent. It's beyond my expectation given that it is in a mountainous area I should say. The room was very clean with cuddly expensive sheets and bed you find in a five star luxury hotel.
I like the personalized service they offer. It makes you feel home and welcome. Jackie and Peter (the owner), in particular, spend time to get to know you. Moreover, there are lots of fun to be had, such as boat ridding, inner tubing, swimming, kayaking, etc. I enjoyed the breakfast too! I like that they serve home cooked meal with healthy ingredients. There is also a casino and a Buddha temple nearby in case you want to explore the town.
Overall, it's one of my most worthwhile vacation ever. I surely want to go back again, and again, and again…."

• Stayed August 2013
Lakeport, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

The Lodge at Blue Lakes is a hidden jewel........all the rooms are nicely upgraded, with a friendly and outgoing staff that will make sure your satisfied completely! Try out their fabulous electric yachts and cruise the beautiful shores of Blue Lakes! I will be going back for more fun in the future!

Room Tip: Many different room types to fit your needs, all a hop skip and a jump from the water!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Sonoma County, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

My hubby and I truly enjoyed our two night stay at The Blue Lakes Lodge. Both Tiffany and Suzette were fantastic :) We brought our own kayaks and they allowed us to store them in an area that was safe so that we didn't have to worry about them during our stay. The breakfast was great, the bbq's were wonderful to grill on and the pool was nice. We will be back !!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Hearty breakfast. Pleasant attitude of the staff. The lake access was very good. Enough parking space and easy room access. We had wineries and vies within easy reach. We visited already three times and plan to visit again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

#1 of 15 in Ukiah
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#1 of 7 in Lakeport

Been to The Lodge at Blue Lakes? Share your experiences!