We have now been to the Lodge at Blue Lakes for the fifth time (we seldom return to the same spot). It is an unassuming hotel 15 miles east of Ukiah (about 2.5 hours from SanFrancisco) The hotel is not terribly fancy from the outside and does have some noise from the highway, but we keep returning to this well run gem run by a Swiss owner and his lovely wife for a relaxing family holiday. What makes it a gem is that the hotel is right on the clean, fairly warm,spring fed water of Blue Lake and is quite tranquil. There are almost no motorizedd watercraft on the lake so you don't have to worry about being injured while swimming. There is fishing directly off the dock (50 feet from the rooms on the lake), a grassy area for lounging before the water, and canoes to take out for a paddle to the various rope swings around the lake. There is a barbeque, swimming pool, ducks to see, and crayfish for children to catch. Families with very small children should probably bring lifejackets/floaties, although the hotel provides them for kayakers. Each clean room has a television, airconditioning, small refrigerator, and coffee maker. The last time we were there the owner went out of his way to especially assist my handicapped mother. Nearest food is in Ukiah or Clear Lake with a liquor store one block walking distance for small items. Willits with the Skunk Train is 20 miles away as is the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas in Ukiah. Great location, nice atmosphere, and nice treatment from owners and staff keep us returning to the Lodge at Blue Lakes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge At Blue Lakes offers 21 premium guestrooms, including one Waterfront Executive Suite. Rooms feature lake or mountain views. Room types are deluxe 4 poster beds with in room jacuzzi tub, kitchenettes, lakeside and mountainside rooms. Guestrooms are individually furnished and decorated. Wireless Internet access is limited and is only available to certain rooms/areas. Free local calls. Flat screen TVs, small refrigerators and coffee/tea makers are provided. Air conditioning, climate control, welcome amenities, and hair dryers are also included. Microwaves and irons/ironing boards can be requested. Rooms are accessible via exterior corridors. Housekeeping is provided. All guestrooms are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your The Lodge at Blue Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Blue Lakes Hotel Upper Lake
- Hotel At Blue Lakes
- Resort At Blue Lakes
- The Lodge At Blue Lakes Lake County, California