“Highly recommended!”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
San Francisco
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Best place we've stayed in. The establishment had everything we needed. Very clean and spacious rooms. Has in room kitchenette and grill outside in patio. Indoor pool was a bit chilly but still nice with hot tub. Best was the staff. Thank you to Sofia for assisting us with all our needs. Residence Inns may now be the establishment we will stay in for all our future trips!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank TravellingSFMama
Amy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! We always appreciate when a guest takes the time to write a review. I will make sure to pass on your gratitude to Sophia. Have a great summer and we hope to see you again.

Amy Preston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Was at the RIV for 12 days, which is a pet-friendly place as I saw four dogs here, one right across the way from me that I didn't even know was there except for the collar jingle-jangle of potty breaks.

My longest stay at a Residence Inn and not bad at all. It doesn't compare with the over the top performance of the RI in Columbus, Indiana, my five star RI experience.

I had quite a few maintenance gripes: broken toilet seat (fixed), two worn out outlets (fixed) too many blinding 100W equivalent lamps, manager went out and bought 40W eqiv bulbs just for me, so she is trying hard - thanks!

The cooktop two burner stove takes 15 to start boiling, luckily all I boiled hard was eggs, so no big deal.

Pool was broken the entire stay, those who wanted a dip were diverted to the hotel next door.

Exercise room was the standard 1 elliptical and two treadmills, but all worked and water restocked daily. Kudos.

Mattress, spongy for me, but I have a crap back.

Room Tip: The motel is way away from I80, so there is no freeway noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Reviewcius
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We will use this feedback at our daily huddle and will be addressing all of these issues promptly. On a side note, our pool pump has been replaced and the pool is back in order. We hope that our commitment to continuous improvement will give you confidence to book with us for future stays.

Rancho Cucamonga, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The staff here was really great, very friendly and attentive to all needs. The manager there has developed a great team.

The location is great for that part of Northerm California, lots of restaurants and shopping close by. If you have kids I highly recommend touring the Jelly Belly factory.

The hotel however is in much need of a refacing. As a platinum member, we were upgraded to a two bedroom but the room we had had a bad odor, it was obvious there was a pet in that room fora long time. I learned that at this property there are not enough rooms to keep some rooms pet free. Some Residence Inns do try to keep a portion of their hotel with no pets.

The room itself had a broken chair and scratch/claw marks in the closet. It did explain this to the manager and she apologized and gave us some of our points back. Hopefully the owners of this property will invest some dollars to get this property up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cool-Trojan
Amy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! After you and I spoke, my maintenance team member and I repaired all of the issues to the room. I apologize that the issues were not caught before check in. Again, thanks for the great comments on the staff and for being upfront about some of the condition issues. Have a great summer and I hope to see you back in Vacaville again.

Best,
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Great base of operations for a day at the outlets . . . if you don't mind grumpy staff and average (at best) breakfast .
The rooms are clean and fairly standard for a Marriott property. However, the staff leaves a lot to be desired. No smiles, and everyone seemed surly and unhappy. Not exactly a great way to have folks return to your property, no matter how great the location is.
I stay at Marriott's frequently due to being a Rewards member, but... on my next trip for power shopping the outlets I will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ShastaCoGal920
Amy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. I am disappointed to read that the staff you encountered was not friendly. I would like to discuss this with you in more detail. Please feel free to give me a call at 707-469-0300.

Campbell, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I have stayed at the Residence Inn before and been happy with the hotel, and I will probably return. But I had reserved two one-bedroom units and was told when we checked in that due to overbooking we could only have one (with an "upgrade" to a studio for the other). I've heard this at other hotels so it's not just here, but I think if you book a room and leave a credit card deposit you should GET that room type! So I ended up in a studio with another family member and was going to sleep on the sofa bed. There was no bedding in the room and when I called was told they were running short on blankets and they would have to put one in the wash! Yikes! I was ready to go to sleep! Luckily our family in the other unit had the bedding set and wasn't going to use it. I will say that it was the lightest blanket ever, and mostly wires, not filling, in the sofa bed. I probably should have just slept on the sofa and not opened it up. But I was exhausted from the holidays and travel so managed to sleep OK.

Otherwise my experience there has been good, I'm happy with the breakfast. I had to laugh at another reviewer's description of drama from hotel staff (felons, meds, etc.), but I've only had neutral or positive experiences there. So I'll go back, but if I go again on what might be a busy day (such as around Christmas) I might bring my own blanket!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Amy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that we did not have a blanket available nor did we have the correct room type available. Please feel free to contact me personally and I will ensure your next stay will be fantastic! Again, thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel.

Oceanside, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

My sister already wrote a review regarding this hotel, and i feel i need to confirm her issues. We travel with marriott quite often and really enjoy the company in itself. I know not all hotels are going to be 5 stars or even 4 stars for that matter, but wow! The first thing we noticed was the angry boss lady AMY and her very very nasty attitude towards her guest. She made it seem like we were bothering her as we were getting checked-in, i totally forget the clerks name but she was amazing.. I will never stay here again with the recycled food and the mean attitude from AMY!!! i should have went with my first instinct and stayed at the COURTYARD which was right down the road...Dumb move on my part... YOU LIVE AND YOU LEARN I GUESS

Room Tip: STAY AWAY stay far far away
3 Thank Melissa G
Amy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Hello,
I am sorry to read about the disappointment with your stay. In order for me to assist, I would like to understand what the issues are. Please feel free to contact me at 707-469-0300.

Amy Preston

Travellers are raving about these Vacaville hotels

Vacaville, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

The Hotel is clean, the room are nice, the internet is not good but the safety is really bad. My car was vandalized during the night. Its really frustrating! I am clear that the hotel is not responsable almost all the employees mentions that to me...

2 Thank YTPR
I am sorry to read about your vehicle. Please feel free to give me a call so that we may discuss any next steps to take in case we have not followed up completely. You may reach me at 707-469-0300.