“Adequate fare”

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #10 of 197 Restaurants in Vacaville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed 30 May 2014

As always, the Black Bear Diner has a large variety on their menu, good sized portions, and decent food. There is nothing I have had that is particularly outstanding or even memorable. This time I had the Bob's Big Bear Burger. It was huge indeed, but nothing special with regard to taste.

I enjoy Black Bear Diner when I don't know what I want, want good service, large portions, and decent prices. I don't expect gourmet food.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Coming From the Bay Area to the foothills this was a great place to stop and eat breakfast. It was Easter morning but we were just returning from our vacation and this place was a good choice. We were seated immediately even though they were busy. The service was excellent, we ordered right away and everything was very good, hot food, the server kept refilling our coffee, very nice. Definitely would go there again.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Terrible food, service was worse and appearance of restaurant (cleanliness) was not good. Wood not eat there again!!!!!!

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I LOVE this place. The staff are the sweetest! Elaina is soooo sweet. We have had their homemade sweet pancakes, French dip and salad. So good !!! And HUGE portions for a great deal

Reviewed 14 December 2013

This was a wonderful lunch spot for a quick and healthy meal. My husband said it was the best Cobb Salad he had ever had. When we told the waitress we planned to share the salad, she asked if we wanted them to split it in the kitchen. Fortunately we had decided to share one order because it was huge and very tasty. We visited their location also in Napa, CA and had the same good food, great service and modest priced lunch.