“The food was tasty and the service was excellent.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #8 of 192 Restaurants in Vacaville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“The food was tasty and the service was excellent.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We could not decide what to have for dinner so I decided we try the Black Bear Diner. We have eaten at one other Black Bear and it was great so we hoped this would be a similar experience. I had a large salad and my husband had a breakfast of some sorts. My salad was a good portion and did not leave me hungry. He could not finish the breakfast because of the large portions.

We would definitely go to Black Bear Diner again.

El Cajon, California
“Was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We heard this place was amazing, but the food was just average..didn't live up to the hype. Their sausages were large and their slice of ham was thick. My husband got the Griz and that can easily feed 2 or 3 people (don't just get it for yourself!). My waffle was alright but their pancakes were fabulous. The biscuits and gravy were ok but the biscuits honestly looked like they were cut out of a cake sheet pan.

Mooresville, North Carolina
“Great Breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Black Bear Diner in Vacaville is much like any of the other Black Bear's we've been too. They have an extensive menu with lots of choices and the food is fresh & fast. The decor feels like you've stepped into a log cabin and the restaurant was very clean. Service was friendly and helpful. Good breakfast for a day of wine tasting!

San Francisco, California
“Adequate fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

As always, the Black Bear Diner has a large variety on their menu, good sized portions, and decent food. There is nothing I have had that is particularly outstanding or even memorable. This time I had the Bob's Big Bear Burger. It was huge indeed, but nothing special with regard to taste.

I enjoy Black Bear Diner when I don't know what I want, want good service, large portions, and decent prices. I don't expect gourmet food.

Visited May 2014
Auburn, California
“Great stop for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Coming From the Bay Area to the foothills this was a great place to stop and eat breakfast. It was Easter morning but we were just returning from our vacation and this place was a good choice. We were seated immediately even though they were busy. The service was excellent, we ordered right away and everything was very good, hot food, the server kept refilling our coffee, very nice. Definitely would go there again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Black Bear Diner? Share your experiences!