“Be hungry!”

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #10 of 193 Restaurants in Vacaville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have eaten at the Black Bear Diner numerous times. The servers have always been very nice and attentive. They have always checked on us numerous times throughout our meal. The food has always been good but the portions are huge so be hungry when you go. The sweet cream pancakes are to die for.

1  Thank Michael D

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My friend and I stopped here for a late lunch/early dinner on the way back home to Sacramento after walking the Golden Gate Bridge. Thought this would be just another coffe shop, but we were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant was nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. Both of our "fish" dinners were excellent. The accompanying vegetables were outstanding - may go back just for the veggies. The baked good not only looked delicious, the cobbler was outstanding. The location was easy on/easy off the freeway. The service was great. The prices were acceptable. Planning on letting my family enjoy some of these treats next time we are in the area.

1  Thank Inge K
Reviewed 3 July 2014

recently had lunch with some school chums in vacaville ca and we ate at black bear diner, i had the ruben sandwich with cole claw instead of saurkraut and french fries. i dont care fer saurkraut but the cole slaw gave the sandwich just enuf flavor and crunch and the diner did not mind substituting....really good sandwich and am dying to try a dinner there soon

1  Thank lauri r
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We could not decide what to have for dinner so I decided we try the Black Bear Diner. We have eaten at one other Black Bear and it was great so we hoped this would be a similar experience. I had a large salad and my husband had a breakfast of some sorts. My salad was a good portion and did not leave me hungry. He could not finish the breakfast because of the large portions.

We would definitely go to Black Bear Diner again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We heard this place was amazing, but the food was just average..didn't live up to the hype. Their sausages were large and their slice of ham was thick. My husband got the Griz and that can easily feed 2 or 3 people (don't just get it for yourself!). My waffle was alright but their pancakes were fabulous. The biscuits and gravy were ok but the biscuits honestly looked like they were cut out of a cake sheet pan.

Been to Black Bear Diner? Share your experiences!