“Picking on a Senior? Unbelievable”

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Vacaville
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
Vacaville, California
“Picking on a Senior? Unbelievable”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We made reservations here for my mother-in-law because at 86 she no longer can manage the stairs in our home. We made the reservations face-to-face with the guy in the lobby. We made them for a handicapped room, and specified it had to be on the first floor. When we checked in, they had given away her handicapped room, and put her in a room on the third floor way down the hall from the elevator. They also increased the price from what they told us and said "the prices went up during the week" (from Tuesday morning to Friday afternoon). When my mother-in-law complained the next day, they gave her $1.69 credit on her bill "for her trouble". She had a terrible time walking to her room, and was unable to shower because she didn't have a handicapped room. I don't care what another hotel costs, we'll never make her stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't even bother asking for anything specific - you won't get it
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank beaglemom22
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Vacaville, responded to this review, 29 August 2012

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, which includes the availability of handicapped rooms. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving this goal. I am extremely sorry, again, to hear that your mother-in-law had a hard time due to staying in the accommodations that we had available. It was with great happiness that we were able to rectify a lot of the situation, in one way by making the appropriate adjustments to the credit card on file.

Let me apologize again that your mother-in-law's stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that she would give us the pleasure of having her as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Come here every year to visit my son. Very close to Napa. Stayed at Marriott Residence Inn last year to earn rewards points. Did not realize how much money I was wasting doing so. On the same street, 2 blocks up, I could have stayed here at Extended Stay. It is either very new or newly renovated because the floors are wood, appliances are new, and the decor is hip and minimalist (not like Grandma decorated it.) Was only $54 a night. There is no breakfast, but I could buy a lot of food at the Super Walmart (on the same road also) with the money I saved.

Napa is about 30-40 minutes away and the trees are huge here. My room had a view of the rolling hills in the distance and the hotel was clean and quiet.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I had personal business in Petaluma but hotels there and in the greater SF area are overpriced in general. I decided to stay here for two nights based on Trip Advisor reviews and this turned out to be `What were some of the reviewers thinking?` I am not a stuck-up person by nature, but the management of this place need to decide which clientele they want to serve.
While I was waiting to check in, several clients were complaining to the desk clerk that they were locked out of their rooms due to money owing on their rooms. After I made it into my room, someone tried to get into my room because it had been assigned twice. They also lock the front door at 7 PM and the clerk needs to buzz you in. This place is full of families who are living there full time and stare at you like you're intruding on their turf. Small kids were even riding around the hallways on bikes! The morning I checked out, there was a blue medical latex glove on the ground besides my car that wasn't there the night before. Why was it there?
I left with an unfavourable impression of this place and wont be back.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank KentuckyColonel

Travellers are raving about these Vacaville hotels

East Bay, Ca
Reviewed 30 August 2011

ESA offers a tolerable place to sleep for an affordable price. However, don't expect attention to detail. The rooms are not fully cleaned, the faucets leak, the remote doesn't come with batteries and my room didn't have a phone in it. So if these details are not important and you are looking for economy vs quality- then you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Great outlets near by
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Vacaville, California
Reviewed 13 September 2010

My check-in was fast and courteous and the room spacious and clean. A full size refrigerator and leather lounge chair. The kitchen was supplied with pots, pans, dishes, glasses, etc. On site laundry facilities, etc. Can't say enough. Great staff, knowledgeable and very pleasent.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank dmaxo3
Walnut Creek,CA
Reviewed 15 September 2008

The front glass doors were filthy, That should of been the first sign for me to turn around and leave! The front desk clerk wasnt too friendly. She didnt even review the hotel accomodations with me.The hallway carpet is filthy. Stains all over the halls. Looks like they rarely vacuum. The hallway reeked of cigarette smell. I had a real hard time opening and closing the windows. The window seals were filthy full of bugs and dirt!! Its right off the freeway so it was a pretty noisey area. The full kitchen was great. They even had all the dishes you would need. A good amount of towels for the bathroom. Overall, it was ok.. I would come back for a short one night stay just to save money. Not because it was a lovely place!

• Liked — I was not told of any accomodations!!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reno, NV
Reviewed 14 September 2008

Clerk stayed on phone for 14 minutes with a guest arguing about a direct bill issue before she even acknowledged us. Basic check-in for two rooms(pre-paid) took another 20 minutes. Both rooms were smoking even though we had requested non. Went to my room and discovered that room had not been serviced from prior guest. Sice it was after 6PM the housekeeping crew was gone so they gave me another smoking room. Had to go back down to front desk twice because key wouldn't work. No apologies just, "Try this one and hope it works". What a dump!

My associate's room had a window that wouldn't close properly so she listened to freeway noice all night. Unless you have really low expectations and a really low budget, avoid this dive.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — rude, unprofessional staff.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank renobob6