“You can do much better than this dump!”

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Vacaville
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
Reno, NV
“You can do much better than this dump!”
Reviewed 14 September 2008

Clerk stayed on phone for 14 minutes with a guest arguing about a direct bill issue before she even acknowledged us. Basic check-in for two rooms(pre-paid) took another 20 minutes. Both rooms were smoking even though we had requested non. Went to my room and discovered that room had not been serviced from prior guest. Sice it was after 6PM the housekeeping crew was gone so they gave me another smoking room. Had to go back down to front desk twice because key wouldn't work. No apologies just, "Try this one and hope it works". What a dump!

My associate's room had a window that wouldn't close properly so she listened to freeway noice all night. Unless you have really low expectations and a really low budget, avoid this dive.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — rude, unprofessional staff.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank renobob6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
vacaville
Reviewed 12 April 2008

we had to move in vacaville from Orange County, LA.
my husband and I stayed for about two weeks. we had our small german schnauzer and she was very welcome. thanks extended stay america, not everyone is pet friendly. It was a blessing to have extended stay america to provide us a roof over our heads. we couldn't get an apartment for several reasons, and we will always be grateful to this place. the building is new, the studio we were in, was comfortable. Even if it is near the freeway, the noise did not bother us: the insulation must be good. the staff is kind and helpful. the experience was good. the area is still developing, so everything around is new. there is a laundry facility, that works fine and the price is fair. the internet connection is available and it is not expensive. they call you everyday to collect your mail. A very good point is the shower: large, the water pressure is high so it is fun. there is a large refrigerator, a microwave, a stove. Nothing to say but good things of extended stay america: I hope they can stay in business for a long time with their good ethic business.
God bless extended stay america!!!!!
danii and pat and doggo

• Liked — pet friendly
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fresno California
Reviewed 3 March 2008

Our room had a dirty t-shirt in the corner behind the chair and beer bottle caps under the bed from prior guests. When we informed the hotel, the desk clerk just brushed us off. The hotel smells like cigarette smoke, even in the non-smoking rooms. There is a terrible problem with ants. I will never stay at one of these hotels again. I cannot believe we paid money for this. They should have to pay us.

• Stayed February 2008
1 Thank HockeyMom710

Travellers are raving about these Vacaville hotels

San Jose, CA
Reviewed 17 July 2006

I stayed here two nights and the experience was horrible! The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I've ever had the misfortune of laying on. Both nights I was there, it gave me the worst back pain, and I ended up having to sleep on the floor.

The front lobby is locked after 11pm so you are forced to take the stairs. All three days we were there, someone's soiled underwear was laying on the steps and we had to walk by it with sheer disgust each time. No one ever came to take it away or clean it.

They do not make your room unless you pay an extra fee. I was completely aware of this, but I was not aware that they would not empty the garbage of the last occupant before we arrived! They had left their old rotting food in the kitchen trash can for us on our arrival.

The only positive is that the kitchen looked to have all of the supplies you might need, including a microwave and the bathroom was spotless. No shampoo or conditioner though.

It's hard for me to write a bad review, because I like to give places the benefit of the doubt, but this place was just awful. Stay here ONLY if you must!

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank yello815
Ventura County Coast, California
Reviewed 22 June 2006

This is a great, basic place for people who want to save money by making their own meals while away from home for an extended period (as their name implies). I got this room through a bid on Priceline, so it wasn't my choice of motels. On the plus side, the entire staff was very friendly and helpful, the room had a full kitchen with fridge, microwave, 2-burner stove and sink (though not particularly well stocked) and it was very clean. It's good for business travelers and people who need to be out of their house for a few days; several construction workers (new freeway ramp being built right outside) were staying there, very handy for them. It just wasn't what I wanted for a leisure weekend. No pool or jacuzzi, FAR from restaurants and shopping, no ambiance, no hairdryer, and I had to ask for shampoo and dish soap. They did have an ironing board and iron, and there was a coffee maker in the room. If you don't want to cook you have to drive to a restaurant. The front desk is closed (gated) from 11 pm to 7 am, though there is a night staff person to help with emergencies (I locked myself out of the room when I went grocery shopping and didn't return till 11:15pm, and she let me in right away). ESA couldn't have known when they accepted my bid that I wanted relaxation and not "housekeeping" accommodations....it's just fine for those who do.

• Stayed May 2006