“Exceptional value and a good experience”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
London, United Kingdom
“Exceptional value and a good experience”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Second time staying here. Excellent and efficient welcome at check-in. Join their Value Club for immediate savings and benefits. We had a discounted rate, free room upgrade and late check-out. Huge, clean and comfortable room in a quiet location. Really good value for the money paid.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Father Mike T
sunilbk, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Thank You for taking the time to write your review and staying with us again. We are glad that we was able to provide you with a great experience again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Eureka, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was the best price I could find and in spite of the relatively low cost ($168 for 4 people for two nights), my family and I had a wonderful stay. We were visiting for a wedding, but we enjoyed playing in the clean pool, making complementary waffles, and watching many different shows on T.V. while eating the food we prepared in the room's microwave or got from our room's private fridge. The staff was friendly and responsive. While we stayed in Vacaville, we went for a walk at nearby Lagoon Valley Park and enjoyed seeing so many cheerful families out for Father's Day. My husband got many "Happy Father's Day" greetings. Vacaville seems like a safe place which, in spite of the major road next to the hotel, still has some small town intimacy and charm to it. The parking lot of the hotel was conveniently located and we had no problems with vandalism or even any feelings of not being safe. It was a bit of a longer drive to Napa than I had expected, but it was very close to the Jelly Belly factory, which my daughters really liked. I am glad we got to enjoy our time out of town on a budget.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
sunilbk, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your time at our motel as well as Vacaville and surrounding area. Vacaville does have a unique charm that can get lost as you get closer to San Francisco or Sacramento. Once again thank you for staying with us when we know you have many choices.
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

On a budget but still wanted amenities like microwave and fridge. Great deal off their website if you sign up for their reward point card. Quiet and safe. A little older building but the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast was minimal but it's what I expected. Close to Nut Tree Park, restaurants and shopping. Enjoyed my time in Vacaville.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad that your stay was comfortable. Our continental breakfast is what is permitted by the local health department. Once again thank you for staying with us when you have many choices in Vacaville.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I spent a couple of nights here in June. The whole place is fairly old and could use updating and refurbishing. But the staff appears to be doing the best they can with what they have. My room seemed quite clean, and as I came and went I seemed to always see a staff member (other than housekeeping) sweeping, fixing something, watering the grass, etc. I had the end room in the one-storey building (forgot the number), and I would definitely ask for that room if I were to stay here again. It was very quiet: nobody upstairs and at most a neighbor on one side, plus you are well back from the street and the interstate. One problem with it was the big gap under the door, which is an open invitation for things to crawl, etc. in (I did kill a centipede that had wandered in!). So I put a rolled-up towel along the bottom of the door when I was in the room; might be a good idea to put it there when you're out, too. No bugs noted in the room otherwise. The wifi worked well. There was lots of horizontal space in the room to set stuff down, in particular a long counter at the back of the room. This was handy as I was sorting and packing for a trip; nice not to have to use the bed for this. I didn't use it but the pool seemed popular. Lots of well-lighted parking, and with my room I could park right in front of it. My biggest gripe was that they failed to give me my 4:30 AM wake up call (thankfully I also set the alarm)...then seemed indifferent when I mentioned this at check-out. Speaking of check-out, since it was so early the outside door to the little lobby was locked. The fellow on duty came to the door to take my room key, but wouldn't let me sit inside to wait for my shuttle. I occasionally visit the area and since I'm retired from the Air Force I usually stay in the lodging on Travis AFB. However if I can't get a room there (as happened this time), I'd consider this place as a budget option. My friend who lives in town scoffed when I told her where I was staying, but when she stopped by and looked at the room was actually pleasantly surprised. :)

Room Tip: If you want a quiet, non-smoking room, ask for the room at the end of the one-storey building (forgo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank You for taking the time to write your review. We share all feedback with our staff so that we can continue to make our customers stay as comfortable as possible. We did install weather stripping on bottom of the door so that those creatures you mentioned, stay away. Once again thank you for your review and staying with us, when we know you have many choices to choose from.
Vacaville, California
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Room with 1 king bed feels spacious. Good size desk has lamp with handy charging outlets. Soap and lotion dispensers in shower and by both sinks. Microwave, good size fridge. Bath shows signs of age but all seems clean, and the nonsmoking room smells nonsmoking. Bed was made with sheets over and under a light duvet-style comforter, small square down-like pillows, and a runner-like quilt-let covering just the foot of the bed. Different but I liked it. Very friendly and pleasant staff. I booked using an Orbitz coupon and some Orbucks; this 1 night stay cost me only $36.

Room Tip: Rooms 207 to 224 allow you to park close - lower numbers are by pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank You for taking the time to write your review. All reviews are shared with all employees so that we can continue to upgrade our facilities while making our customers stay a pleasant one. Once again thank you for staying with us.
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights at a very good rate (15% discount if you sign up to the 'club')

Check-in was efficient and all the people in the reception were very helpful in answering all my questions. The air conditioner in the room wasn't working properly and by the time we got back in the afternoon it had been fixed and worked perfectly.

Location is good, right off the highway and very close to Vacaville premium outlets. Not too far from Six Flags and the Jelly Belly factory.

Breakfast was basic but perfectly adequate. Make your own waffle machines, bread/toast, cereal, individual wrapped pastries and orange/apple juice. All available daily from 7 until 10 included in the room rate.

I think it was very low season when we were there and never saw anyone else getting breakfast.

Free wifi with very good signal

However, although the room was basic (as expected for the price) and very big with all the amenities we expected (including fridge and microwave), it was NOT VERY CLEAN. The walls had stains on, the carpet was terribly dirty (we had to wear socks all the time in the room as our feet literally turned black if we walked in the room without socks), I suspect the carpet hasn't had a proper clean for a very long time!

The bathroom had very cracked tiles on the floor and we kept on finding spiders in the bathroom (well over 20 in the time we were there). Bathroom windows also didn't open.

According to previous tripadvisor reviews, the last of the rooms were finished being renovated a few months ago but from my experience the standards of the renovations were quite low.

Yes, I know we could have asked to be moved to a different room but if our carpet wasn't clean then why would it be any better in any other room?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank flashsam7267
sunilbk, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We share all feedback with all staff, so that we can continue to provide all our guests a clean room at a good price. We have a very extensive preventive maintenance schedule that keeps our ac's running efficient as well as carpets and furniture that get shampooed very frequently. I apologize that the carpet and room was not up to your satisfaction.
Pinon Hills, California
Reviewed 3 May 2014

If you want to stay at a motel that the staff and ownership don't realize they that don't run a five star hotel, this is it! You'll know it's not 5 star when you get there... but they'll do any and everything in their power to make sure your stay is way better than you expect. I've stayed at 6 motels in Vacaville due to work, and I will only stay here after trying the others. My company pays for my stay and allows me to stay at the Marriot, I stayed here once and was sold! Jimmy and Suneel make sure you're comfortable and Dana (the maintenance guy) will all make you feel at home. I don't write reviews on anything, but they made my time away from my family as good and nice as possible, I figured that I owed it to them. I will now be working in Arizona and thought it would be nice save someone the hassle of staying at 6 different places like i did. Thanks abvi vacaville, you made me feel at home. Your pride shows. Thank, Sean

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sean M
Thank You Sean for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write your review. We are glad that your experience at our motel meets to your expectations and our staff exceeds it. Once again thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vacaville
Quality Inn & Suites Vacaville
Holiday Inn Express Vacaville
Fairfield Inn Vacaville
Fairfield Inn Vacaville
#7 of 15 in Vacaville

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!