“Our favorite family restaurant”
Review of Rose Garden Thai

Rose Garden Thai
Ranked #24 of 193 Restaurants in Vacaville
Cuisines: Thai
San Francisco, California
“Our favorite family restaurant”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My 4 kids always pick this restaurant for their birthday dinner. They love coming here. It is clean! My number 1 thing to look for in a small family owned place. If the outside you can see isn't clean, what does the kitchen where I can't see look like? My kids love the roses the owner makes out of straw wrappers that she places on the straws. We order 6 - 8 different items from soups, salads, entrees, noodles, and rice. Then we eat it family style. It doesn't hurt that I'm half Thai and this is how I was raised eating Thai food. I find it strange when I see people eating their one entree that they ordered across from others doing the same. Of course this is how I eat at every other restaurant but somehow Thai food is different for me :) The owner always makes a big deal out of my kids birthdays. And they love it! I hate going to Thai restaurants with TV's in the dining area and this place is one of the few that doesn't have one.
My Greek friend said to me the other day that she didn't like the food here and that it wasn't "authentic". I asked her if she had traveled to Thailand or if she was raised in a Thai community eating Thai food her whole life, of course her answer was a big fat no to both. So how could she make a statement like that? She has eaten a lot of Thai restaurants, she replied. I see, I said, so if I only had a burger from Mc Donald's my whole life then tried a burger with fresh ground beef, I guess that I wouldn't think a big juicy burger was an authentic burger either.
I love the food and service here. I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank newstarr

Been to Rose Garden Thai? Share your experiences!