“Great stay to launch a Six Flags experience”

Holiday Inn Express Vacaville
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Right off I-80 in Vacaville with easy access to the freeway in the morning, we were pleasantly surprised with very comfortable beds and great water pressure in the shower. Smallish indoor pool, very clean without a lot of chlorine smell. Good hot tub, pool towels in abundance. Great selection of breakfast foods including a pancake machine, fresh fruit and their great cinnamon rolls. Took about 25 minutes to get to parking at six flags discovery kingdom. It made a great start to fun day rated "wahoo" by our granddaughter.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We booked online to visit with family in CA. The hotel information online, in the room information binder, and posted on their own information kiosk in the lobby, indicate they have a "meet and greet" from 6-7:30 PM, M-F. "Complimentary appetizers, beverages, beer and wine." Not so!
The rooms are clean and the hotel seems to have been updated recently. The pool is indoors and very small. But there is patio seating outside the pool area.
Breakfast is all microwaved food, nothing really cooked fresh. Just so-so for breakfast. But there are plenty of restaurants nearby and a Black Oak restaurant within walking distance which serves breakfast and lunch from 7-3.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HIEX707, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Express Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear. BayStaterAz,

I would like to start off by thanking you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with your feedback. Thanks to our valued guests, such as yourself, we were able to promptly correct the literature regarding the meet and greet. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Kathleen
Guest Services
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Hotel Vacaville.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

What ever could go wrong, did. They gave us a king bed, we reserved 2 queens. Our entire groups reservations were messed up. When we got up in the middle of the night to use the potty, there were silverfish in the bathtub and pubic hair! UGH

I called downstairs to have someone clean it and was told housekeeping wasn't in yet. My response, "Not my problem." They sent up an employee working in the food area that was prepping for breakfast.

When discussing this situation with the Hotel Manager, she was unable to discuss in length, because she had to get to her Zumba class, but did ask us to enjoy the breakfast being served. Seriously? If we have silverfish on the third floor, why would I eat anything off the first floor?

The following day, again no Hotel Manager on premises, a maid was asked to tell us that we would get 10% off. That was unacceptable. With no one to discuss this with, we checked out and the 10% off of $126 was $4. And this after being quoted $117 on March 31. The employee at the check-out counter, was unable to answer any questions of how it got to $4. I was told that's how the computer figured it out. I asked for an itemized statement, again "I don't know how".

The check-out employee charged other people from our group, to my card. It was reversed and tried again and again. Still wrong to this day. From all this activity on my credit card, the credit card company cancelled our card for unusual activity. Good thing we had cash to put gas in the car to make it home.

Meanwhile, during all this, we went to the pool. Let's just say the pictures are deceiving. It's the size of a postage stamp (well, not that small, but tiny). It was clammy and you could smell the mold.

Very poor customer service. Dirty.

P.S. I called corporate and am still waiting on a response from the Hotel. Liz and Rosie (Hotel Managers) are very unprofessional and aren't concerned with customer concerns.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1935Rogers
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear 1935Rogers,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Me and my dad travelled here from the UK. We got a very good deal. The staff have been the best staff we have come across the this holiday. We have been up and down California for my 21st birthday trip, and i have not had such helpful staff since arriving in California. I have been so disappointed in the overall service, however this hotel has been the best service we have had all holiday. They are very welcoming, the rooms are clean, there is a pool and spa where you can relax in, a shopping outlet right next door! Many places to eat, and also the breakfast! I would recommend this to anyone who is thinking about stopping around this area! If i was to come back to California I will be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank camillanixon
HIEX707, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Express Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

hello there Camillanixon!

We always appreciate the positive comments left by the most important people in our world; our guests. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff have gone above and beyond in terms of service. Thank you again, and we look forward seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here overnight. We stay at HI Express fairly often and this is one of the two worst I have been in. The staff could not care less about, well, anything as far as I could tell. The room was not cleaned well- dirty soap and water in the soap dish, etc. We won't stay here again and I would not recommend this location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mom2ky
HIEX707, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Mom2Ky,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are saddened to hear that you about our hospitality and service. We had passed along your comments to the management and we hope that you will be giving us another chance and returning to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel from April 27th to May 13th 2014. I spent 16 awesome nights. First I traveled for business and then my wife arrived on May 9th with my daughter and we spent 4 nights before going on official vacations. Upon arrival the front desk lady was very friendly, she took care of my stay by giving me a room well located as I told her that my wife was coming with the baby. The hotel location is at walking distance from the Premium Outlets, 24 hrs gas station, Black Oak Restaurant, one of the best Indian food restaurants (The Clay Oven) which was a plus as I could work while my wife went out for a walk with the baby. The surroundings are clean and the hotel is very well located, right by I-80 and I-505 (keep an eye on the aircraft watching the speed), and less than 5 minutes from Nut Tree Plaza. OK location is great, staff is friendly. What else? My room was always clean and with a nice smell, the water of the pool was warm enough to enjoy, the workout room doesn't has weights but it has equipment for cardio. The breakfast was very good that even my daughter liked. I also appreciate that they had coffee, tea, and water for you to have anytime (help your self). Very nice and spacious patio with few tanning chairs and a lot of tables with umbrellas. When I stayed they had the meet and greet which was perfect for after work relaxation. I wasn't expecting the meet and greet but in top of that I didn't expect to be so good (cheese trays, crackers, even sandwiches, wine, beer in coolers, etc...FOR FREE) Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. For me that was a very nice way to treat the customers. Also they are about 45 minutes from wine country (Napa and Sonoma) and 40 minutes from Sacramento Airport. When I came back from the airport with my wife and daughter they already had the crib in the room. They did everything to made me feel comfortable and I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: As far as rooms if every floor has the same numbering I will stick with the even numbers rooms, just...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank jmortis
HIEX707, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Express Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Mr. Jmortis,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay! We are glad that you and your family enjoyed our accommodation. Also, thank you for the kind words regarding the breakfast. We are continually trying to improve the variety and quality of food items that we offer. Thank you so much for staying at Holiday Inn Express Suites in Vacaville and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is a newer H.I. in very good shape and kept clean. It's accessible (just off the freeway) and a reasonable distance (80 miles) from downtown San Francisco if you're headed into or out of town and want to spend the first or last night at a lower price. We got our room for $109 and were pleased. There are decent (albeit chain-like) restaurants around and a massive array of Outlet stores right next to the hotel. The desk staff were great. The breakfast is the predictable spread of astonishing processed stuff but it saves some dollars and, with a little care, you can cobble together a sort of meal. Quiet and a reasonable alternative.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank squash

Hello Squash -Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Our staff is a great team that always strives for excellent guest service. It is great to hear you enjoyed our breakfast as well and we look forward to your next visit with us.