“Delicious food and great service”

Merchant & Main Grill & Bar
Ranked #9 of 197 Restaurants in Vacaville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The perfect lunch spot in downtown Vacaville! M & M has been around for years, but they constantly update and tweak the menu to keep it fresh and interesting. The lunch specials are always a great bargain and delicious to boot. Attractive dining room, attentive service, and nice outdoor seating for those days when it isn't blazing hot. Everyone on the staff seems genuinely friendly, and they want to make sure you have an enjoyable experience. Just a comfortable, pleasant, and very tasty place.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This is about the fourth time I have had lunch at Merchant and Main in downtown Vacaville. I have never been disappointed. There was both indoor and outdoor seating available, but we chose indoors because it was warm outside. The house chardonnay was delicious and the pour was generous. The hot bread and butter was outstanding. My friend and I both ordered a special blackened chicken sandwich. I don't think it is on the menu all of the time. It featured a soft French roll, sauteed mushrooms, lettuce, tomato and blue cheese. The sandwich was served with some wonderful sweet potato fries. Our server was attentive and friendly and the entire lunch was just terrific.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

We were in for lunch on a Friday and it was fairly busy, but there was only 1 server and 1 busser, so the service was slow and we even got out of our chair to refill our own iced teas. Other than this, the steak sandwich was excellent and fish and chips were hot and crispy. Pass on the coleslaw they serve with several dishes, it was bland and tasteless. I asked for an alternative when ordering, but was not given one. Guess its just take it, or leave it. I would go back for the food, but take more time and patience with me.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Staff was super friendly, menu selections were varied, food was nicely prepared and presented, atmosphere was awesome - love the Wooden Valley White Gamay on the wine list. Visited this place once in 2007 and stumbled onto it again six years later! If we're ever back this way, I won't forget about it again!!

Reviewed 24 January 2013

They have world renouned calimari. We haven't had a bad meal there since they opened, and enjoyed some very special dining experiences there.
It can get a little noisy though!