“My family and I love the food and the people who work their!!!”
Review of Torch of India - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Torch of India
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 20 May 2009

My parents and I frequent this restaurant. After the first couple times we went to eat there, we got to know the main waiters, who are son's of the owner. All of the people who work there are very nice and welcoming. We always end up having conversations with them. And the food is great. The buffet would be the best choice. If you are a vegetarian like me, they serve some good vegetable curry and fried veggies. The restaurant atmosphere is quaint, but very comfortable and inviting.
It is really my favorite place to eat! My family and I usually go there a few times a month and during special occasions.

There are newer reviews for Torch of India

Reviewed 16 June 2008

We went to the Torch of India on Saturday night, mainly because of the good reviews about the place, what I want to know is! what have these people eaten before, do they have any taste buds, or maybe the just have not had a real Indian curry before.
Back in england we have real chef's who cook a real authentic Indian curry and also Indian family and friends who have cooked for us.
The pappadams were baked instead of being cooked in oil, the chutneys were just weird and the curry we had was tasteless, I ordered a prawn jalfrazi my son-in-law ordered a prawn khari and my daughter had a lamb jalfrazi, The prawn jalfrazi and prawn khari tasted exactly the same, [tasteless] they needed far more spices in them to give them any flavour at all, My daughters meal tasted sour and was inedible,
When we asked for the bill, The lady whom we presumed to be the owner asked if we wanted box's to take the food we had left, when we declined she seemed taken back and told us That the curry would last for days. The visit to this restaurant was truely a waste of time and hard earned money, There is no way on this earth that we will be returning.

2  Thank pol7SacramentoCA
Reviewed 27 May 2008

We've been regulars at Torch of India since they opened. The host, Tony, is friendly and welcoming. He's excellent at recommending new things for us to try. Our new favorite is the rack of lamb. It's served on a sizzling skillet with lemon, onions, and peppers. The lamb chops are so flavorful and tender. The consistency of quality from the kitchen is outstanding. We've enjoyed everything we've tried here.
If you've never tried Indian food before, grab a few friends and try this place!

Reviewed 25 July 2007

This place is great if you like Northern Indian food or Indian food in general. It is fresh, good service, and the Samosa are served with garbanzo beans (fabulous). It is inexpensive and very very very flavorful!!!

1  Thank theart
Reviewed 28 December 2006

simply a passage to india's finest food/ dine-in experience

1  Thank TORCH-IND