“Disappointing”

Fairfield Inn Vacaville
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

The reviews for this hotel were mixed but we decided to book a room because of the excellent price and location. This hotel was easy to find and the location doesn't get much better. Literally right next to the outlets, restaurants, gas stations, and major freeways. The service was bad. The front desk was very rude and bothered by our interrupting her. We went straight to our room and then to the pool. The pool was so cold and the hot tub wasn't working! A main reason we stayed here was for the indoor pool. Very disappointed! After returning from shopping noticed how dirty the bathroom was. I still needed to give my toddler daughter a bath but felt very uneasy about her sitting in that dingy tub. Thank goodness I always have Clorox wipes with me but i shouldn't have to clean a bathroom before I use it. I could live with a small room but not a dirty one. I expected better from a Marriott. Maybe the Residence Inn across the way would have been cleaner and up to Marriott standards?

• Stayed April 2013
Amy P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Garcia Family,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn by Marriott. I am disappointed to learn that your experience was less than satisfactory. I would like to be able to get in touch with you to extend my apology as well as ensure the situation is made right with you. I do not have your contact information--at your convenience, please reach out to me at 707-469-0800.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Amy Preston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

This place is one of the best places I have been to. The location is perfect, close to major highways including Rt80 and Rt 505.. I would give it a higher rating but the internet is a little slow and for business people like me who needsto be in contact with my office on the east coast .. it is difficult trying to connect via VPN... it timesout.. the people there are great ..

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Augusto V
Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

This place is questionable...hard to get to as I drove past it 3 times trying to find the entrance, and that was with the help of my GPS. Parking lot is scary at night and bottom floor is as well. Seems they reserve those rooms for traveling groups, usually kids sports teams, dance teams, and what not. It's good bc their running around doesn't bother if you are on an upper floor. But I skipped breakfast bc I literally couldn't move in the food area. It's like they hadn't eaten in days! Room itself is of Fairfield quality, but the rest of the experience just isn't there. I will be avoiding this location in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Amy P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am disappointed to read that it was difficult for you to find the hotel. We are located in a cul-de-sac which does make it less visible.

During the time you were here, in October of 2012, we did have youth sports teams at the hotel. I apologize that it was not comfortable for you and that there were too many people in our breakfast room. It is a small room and can get crowded at times. We do try our best to ensure every guest has an opportunity to eat; for our guests who prefer to not eat in the breakfast room, we offer trays to place your food on and/or grab 'n go bags should you wish to take your breakfast to your room.

I hope you will give us another try and thank you again for taking the time to place a review. If you would like to contact me, I may be reached at 707-469-0800.

Best,
stockton,ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I'll give this place some credit.

Good
----------
Nice and friendly check-in/out.
Near all the outlets, and definitely near nutcreek.
Tons of variety of stores and restaurants at your pick.
About 40 minutes from the beautiful Benicia as well and the jelly belly factory.
Definitely lots to do.

BAD
---------
-There appears to be people living there that take up the bottom floor of the hotel/motel whatever this is. It makes you feel very uncomfortable.

-Definitely dirty, people are correct and not exaggerating.

- This are is VERRRRRYYYYY QUESTIONABLE!

- The entrance of the hotel is dolled up but the area they send you makes you feel paranoid about your car.

-The whole area echoes! Everything that happens in the parking lot will be 10x as loud

- The pool is too far from the rooms

-The people that "live" downstairs make too much noise

- The showers don't work and are very loud!

- If you're there on a windy night, prepare to stay up all night with car alarms echoing and your doors howling through the night since they don't fit correctly.

My stay was horrible, and I wish I listened to all these reviews. I am usually skeptical about reviews but this time they were right. This hotel definitely has potential but management is slacking.

Room Tip: Don't go if your night is going to be windy. If you do, you'll have to put a towel over your...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dg9008
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you very much for your review--I appreciate our guests who take time out of their day to give us feedback. I am a bit concerned about the feedback because some of the items mentioned do not sound typical of our hotel. My concern is that this review may not be for our hotel. For instance, we certainly do not have anyone "taking up the bottom floor." Our hotel is 81 rooms, with 27 rooms per floor that houses one reservation per room. To my knowledge, we do not have any people living on the first floor. Our hotel is built on a small amount of land, with the parking butting up to the property. All areas of the parking lot are lit and are within 20 feet of an entrance. Our pool is located on the first floor, right in the middle of the hotel, which is quite close to all of the rooms.

I would very much like to speak to you concerning this review as we strive to ensure all of our guests are satisfied with their stay. Please feel free to contact me at 707-469-0300.

Best Regards,
San Jose, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is a very comfortable hotel. I think it is one of the nicest hotel's I have been to in a long time. Great Staff and rooms. Beautiful landscaping too.

I would love to spend a weekend here soon.

Room Tip: Stay for a weekend. I nice relaxing hotel and town.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Alan W
Thank you very much for the great review! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through Vacaville.

Guilford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions over the years. It had been a pretty good hotel for the money. However, it was steadily getting worse, but I kept giving them another chance, until my last time there, which was in June 2012. It was so bad that I left before my scheduled time and went to the Hoilday Inn Express next door, (which is very nice, quiet and comfortable). I arrived to a dirty bathroom (which they did clean promptly and I imagine were embarrassed by), lamps that didn't work and a stale, dirty smell on the bed sheets. A few nights later (after 11pm), the smoke detector went off in my room. I began to evacuate but noticed no one was leaving. I called the front desk and they said it was a false alarm. It went off again about 30 minutes later, again, a false alarm. In the morning there was no coffee (twice) and no place to sit, so I went to the restaurant next to the hotel for breakfast. When I returned from breakfast, I checked out and told them the sequence of events that led to my final decision. They never offered to even partially reimburse me and reluctantly apologized. This last part of having a bad attitude with a customer that has been going there for over 10 years, has led me to decide that I will give them no more chances, as I will not return again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Although I am disappointed about the events that happened to you, I am anxious to take these issues and apply them as training tools to the team. What you experienced is in no way our standard operating procedure and I truly apologize for all of the mishaps. I am certain that should you choose to give us one more chance, you will be pleased with the outcome.

If you would like to discuss your stay further with me, please feel free to call me directly at 707-469-0800. Again, please accept my apologies concerning your disappointing stay.

Best Regards,
Area General Manager
Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Room was nice and beds were comfortable. The breakfast was the only problem at this hotel, breakfast room is small and the morning we were there it was very crowded. Selection was very limited and similar to what you might find in a vending machine (except hard boiled eggs and cook you own waffles). Breakfast at this hotel did not measure up to most Marriott properties.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple