“Superb Staff Service”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Superb Staff Service”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We spent the Labor Day weekend (3 nights) in Vacaville. The staff was consistently friendly. On Labor Day morning I found my rental car with a shattered window. I later found that 2 other vehicles had been vandalized after midnight. All 3 vehicles were parked in the same row (south side away from the Front Desk and hotel windows) and personal property was stolen.
When I reported the theft and vandalism, the hotel manger made 2 phone calls for me: police and rental car agency, and I was provided with directions to 2 car washes to get the broken glass vacuumed before I returned the vehicle to Sacramento.
In spite of the person who committed this crime, I'd be willing to return to this property as we have family living in the area. I'll be more careful to have no personal property in my vehicle and to park it on the front side as I did the last night we stayed there.

Room Tip: Our handicapped room was about 40 feet from the breakfast room (first floor).
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Amy P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I know what you went through was unpleasant but I am pleased to see that our friendliness helped ease the stress. I look forward to your next visit to Vacaville and wish you the best!

Amy Preston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Greenhithe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2013

A very nice hotel with a good breakfast. Rooms are spacious and very clean and the staff were really friendly. The girl on the front desk was very friendly and all our needs were tended to. Lovely hot days but the pool is indoors so this good in winter and not so good in the summer, you cant win them all!

Close to the outlets which is good for shopping and the rates are reasonable with a close run into San Francisco within an hour. We will stay again, no problems here at all.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GP1357
Amy P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. This summer has been especially hot and I too wish we had an outdoor pool! Enjoy the rest of your summer and I look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Billings, Montana
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I keep asking myself if this is the same hotel other reviewers stayed at. Our stay was problem free. The room was quiet, staff was nice and friendly, breakfast well stocked, everything clean and comfortable. I felt completely safe on the grounds, in the hallways and in the parking lots. If there was a complaint, the spa was down but these things happen.

We enjoyed every minute of our stay. Thank you!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lyn v
Thank you so much for the great review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

The reviews for this hotel were mixed but we decided to book a room because of the excellent price and location. This hotel was easy to find and the location doesn't get much better. Literally right next to the outlets, restaurants, gas stations, and major freeways. The service was bad. The front desk was very rude and bothered by our interrupting her. We went straight to our room and then to the pool. The pool was so cold and the hot tub wasn't working! A main reason we stayed here was for the indoor pool. Very disappointed! After returning from shopping noticed how dirty the bathroom was. I still needed to give my toddler daughter a bath but felt very uneasy about her sitting in that dingy tub. Thank goodness I always have Clorox wipes with me but i shouldn't have to clean a bathroom before I use it. I could live with a small room but not a dirty one. I expected better from a Marriott. Maybe the Residence Inn across the way would have been cleaner and up to Marriott standards?

• Stayed April 2013
Amy P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Garcia Family,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn by Marriott. I am disappointed to learn that your experience was less than satisfactory. I would like to be able to get in touch with you to extend my apology as well as ensure the situation is made right with you. I do not have your contact information--at your convenience, please reach out to me at 707-469-0800.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 February 2013

This place is one of the best places I have been to. The location is perfect, close to major highways including Rt80 and Rt 505.. I would give it a higher rating but the internet is a little slow and for business people like me who needsto be in contact with my office on the east coast .. it is difficult trying to connect via VPN... it timesout.. the people there are great ..

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Augusto V
Arizona
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This place is questionable...hard to get to as I drove past it 3 times trying to find the entrance, and that was with the help of my GPS. Parking lot is scary at night and bottom floor is as well. Seems they reserve those rooms for traveling groups, usually kids sports teams, dance teams, and what not. It's good bc their running around doesn't bother if you are on an upper floor. But I skipped breakfast bc I literally couldn't move in the food area. It's like they hadn't eaten in days! Room itself is of Fairfield quality, but the rest of the experience just isn't there. I will be avoiding this location in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Amy P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am disappointed to read that it was difficult for you to find the hotel. We are located in a cul-de-sac which does make it less visible.

During the time you were here, in October of 2012, we did have youth sports teams at the hotel. I apologize that it was not comfortable for you and that there were too many people in our breakfast room. It is a small room and can get crowded at times. We do try our best to ensure every guest has an opportunity to eat; for our guests who prefer to not eat in the breakfast room, we offer trays to place your food on and/or grab 'n go bags should you wish to take your breakfast to your room.

I hope you will give us another try and thank you again for taking the time to place a review. If you would like to contact me, I may be reached at 707-469-0800.

Best,
stockton,ca
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I'll give this place some credit.

Good
----------
Nice and friendly check-in/out.
Near all the outlets, and definitely near nutcreek.
Tons of variety of stores and restaurants at your pick.
About 40 minutes from the beautiful Benicia as well and the jelly belly factory.
Definitely lots to do.

BAD
---------
-There appears to be people living there that take up the bottom floor of the hotel/motel whatever this is. It makes you feel very uncomfortable.

-Definitely dirty, people are correct and not exaggerating.

- This are is VERRRRRYYYYY QUESTIONABLE!

- The entrance of the hotel is dolled up but the area they send you makes you feel paranoid about your car.

-The whole area echoes! Everything that happens in the parking lot will be 10x as loud

- The pool is too far from the rooms

-The people that "live" downstairs make too much noise

- The showers don't work and are very loud!

- If you're there on a windy night, prepare to stay up all night with car alarms echoing and your doors howling through the night since they don't fit correctly.

My stay was horrible, and I wish I listened to all these reviews. I am usually skeptical about reviews but this time they were right. This hotel definitely has potential but management is slacking.

Room Tip: Don't go if your night is going to be windy. If you do, you'll have to put a towel over your...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dg9008
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you very much for your review--I appreciate our guests who take time out of their day to give us feedback. I am a bit concerned about the feedback because some of the items mentioned do not sound typical of our hotel. My concern is that this review may not be for our hotel. For instance, we certainly do not have anyone "taking up the bottom floor." Our hotel is 81 rooms, with 27 rooms per floor that houses one reservation per room. To my knowledge, we do not have any people living on the first floor. Our hotel is built on a small amount of land, with the parking butting up to the property. All areas of the parking lot are lit and are within 20 feet of an entrance. Our pool is located on the first floor, right in the middle of the hotel, which is quite close to all of the rooms.

I would very much like to speak to you concerning this review as we strive to ensure all of our guests are satisfied with their stay. Please feel free to contact me at 707-469-0300.