“Thank you.”

Courtyard Vacaville
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 August 2014

First, let me start off by saying this was an unexpected trip and I'm glad it happened. What a beautiful hotel. The rooms are nice and cozy but of corse needs updating which I'm sure will happen.
From the time I checked in with Brenda who was a hoot until the time I checked out with Amber I had a nice stay.
To me the environment between the staff seemed more like family rather than coworkers which was nice to see and Impressed me tremendously. You can see the love.
Upon arrival Vacaville was extremely hot. Wow. But Brenda made it all better with the quick check in. I was able to get in my room and put the a/c unit on which cooled the room within minutes. I wish I would have had the chance to enjoy your nighttime social it was a really beautiful set up.
Upon check out with Amber around 8-ish in the morning I got stuck behind a lady who was at the counter complaining about EVERYTHING and ANYTHING.
Amber was very very patience with her and handled it like a professional. She offered the lady breakfast, and even points to be applied to her Account in which the lady responded by saying very rudely. "I'm not a member!!!!!"
Amber kindly said something to the fact of "would you like to become one and then we can apply some points" the lady said "NO" and walked away.
Thats when I knew the lady was scamming and wasn't looking for anything but a financial refund.
I think the way Amber handled this situation was genius. I ended up chatting with Amber for a few minutes and I realized amongst other reasons, Amber has absolutely sold on returning to this hotel and only this hotel when I'm in the area. What a kind, sweet spirit that young lady has.
She truly is a huge asset to your company. All your staff was amazing. And I look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: The courtyard view was nice. Love looking at trees instead of cars.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steffy-GG
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Steffy-GG
I actually feel that I owe you the huge "Thank You" for being so very kind about Amber, Brenda and the rest of my awesome team! You're impression of the environment between all of us is spot on as we all feel like an extended family and truly enjoy coming to work each day. Everyone takes great pride in being a part of the hotel experience. At check in, we often genuinely welcome back our long term and repeat guests with a happy "Welcome home"! I will certainly pass on your wonderful review. We are all looking forward to our room renovations scheduled for the end of this year. I hope we will have the pleasure of showing you all of the beautiful changes we have planned. Thank you again for your kindness and recognition! Enjoy your summer and hurry back to your new home away from home!

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and two little boys. It was okay.. place is more for business than for families. Had a mean old neighbor banging on our walls and calling to complain about our two year old and four year old when they accidently hit their heads on the wooden back board as they tried to sleep. And also when we were just talking in the room the neighbors pounded on the walls as if we were super loud... not a hotel for families I guess. Air conditioner was super duper loud. Kept waking me up in my sleep... sounded like someone slamming their door.

• Stayed: July 2014
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear LuckyMommy143,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm sorry to hear that you and your husband had a difficult stay with your two young boys. Most of our young families tell us how much they enjoy spending time in our landscaped inner courtyard and pool areas and how convenient they find our Bistro booths which have televisions to entertain their children. Thank you for bringing your issues to our attention and I apologize again for your difficulties.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Really liked the clean, pretty spacious room for a stay in Vacaville. Bathroom layout was especially spacious, and I like being able to use the sink as separated from the toilet and shower, so they can be used at the same time in privacy. Layout of the main room was just a little quirky (couch not directly opposite TV; microwave, fridge, and table lamp had to share 2 outlest), but everything was in great condition and the bed was comfortable. The courtyard of the (aptly named) hotel was very nice, with an inviting outdoor seating area, bbq area, and scenic arch. Grounds were nicely kept.

Check-in and checkout was efficient and friendly. Breakfast options and quality were quite good. Complementary Wi-Fi was remarkably excellent, supporting a work video call. Location is right across from the Vacaville Premium Outlets, so allows different family members to explore different interests without having to coordinate transportation.

Overall excellent experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CAFamilyRvwr
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

It is great to hear that your family had such a wonderful stay here at the Vacaville Courtyard. As you said in your review of your stay, our hotel has many conveniences that make family travel easy. I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our beautifully landscaped inner courtyard that has an outdoor heated pool, spa, a BBQ for guest use and a lovely patio area with couches and umbrella tables. It seems that this time of year, all of the garden is in bloom with colorful flowers and our guests love to enjoy their time in this "secret oasis" as another guest calls it. It is such a relaxing area after a long day of Factory Outlet shopping! My staff and I greatly appreciate all of your kind comments and hope to have the pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Other than the hair between the covers of one of the beds, this was a very nice stay, hotel and personnel. Seemed like the bistro was well staffed and did not make patrons wait for orders in the morning. Food was good as well. Thanks Meagan and crew?

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our Vacaville Courtyard. Please be assured that I have discussed the issue with your bed linen with our Housekeeping staff. I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our Bistro service for breakfast. I will certainly be sure to pass on your nice comments about Meagan and our front desk staff. We look forward to seeing you again on a return visit to the Vacaville plant.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise! I booked this hotel last minute knowing nothing about it. When we got there, we were really excited to see that it was across from the Premium Outlet Shopping Center, next to a good burrito place and next to Olive Garden. We never had to drive anywhere.

Amber and Erica were delightful.

• Stayed: July 2014
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Hi Ms. Facciolla,

It was so wonderful to meet you and your daughter during your visit last weekend. How exciting that she will be starting college in the fall! You are absolutely right about the convenience of our hotel's location. Our guests are literally able to walk across the street to enjoy shopping at over 150 Premium Factory Outlet stores and many restaurants. Hopefully we will become your "in the middle" meeting spot as you plan visits with your daughter throughout the year. Enjoy your summer!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I just panned the Courtyard Fairfield. I wanted to pay a compliment to this hotel. Very nice experience. Very nice staff. Comfortable lobby. Do not stay at Courtyard Fairfield. It sucks! Drive the extra 8-10 minutes to stay at the Courtyard Vacaville.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank CARainmaker

My staff and I greatly appreciate all of your comments and compliments. We are proud of our wonderful Vacaville Courtyard! Our hotel is full of great innovative amenities that add to our guests' travel experience including our new Bistro with breakfast, dinner and bar service. Our beautiful lobby has a business center, a library and a Go Board, which is a giant, interactive, wall mounted computer that allows our guests to stay up to date on flight schedules, the weather, local entertainment and restaurants with directional print capabilities. Every detail was well thought out to help our Courtyard guests stay connected and refreshed while on the road. Our guests rooms are scheduled to be renovated by year end and they too will have many new conveniences to enhance your travel experience. We hope to see you very soon on a return visit to the Vacaville area.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were visiting for a wedding & booked our room here because of the wedding rate which we felt was very reasonable ($109/nt.) Had a booking error and once addressed, it was quickly fixed! Check-in was fast and friendly and the front desk agent was happy to answer any questions we had. While the hotel itself seems to be dated, it is obvious that updates and upgrades are in progress. Our room was clean and well suited to our needs however, the AC unit could have worked a bit better. The only 'complaint' that I could possibly have about this property is that the pool area could have more than 2 lounge chairs. Aside from that one minor detail, the property was in a great location for our needs and the staff friendly & accomodating.

Room Tip: If you are on the 2nd floor, there is no elevator. If you are not able to handle stairs (especially...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Amy,
Thank you so much for posting your Trip Advisor review of our beautiful Vacaville Courtyard! How wonderful to hear that you were here to celebrate a wedding! Our weekends seem to be full of family and friends enjoying weddings at many beautiful local ranches and wineries located just a short distance from the hotel. The groups love to get together for drinks in our Bistro in the evening or join each other for breakfast the day after the wedding. I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our beautiful inner courtyard and pool area. We are in the process of many great improvements throughout the hotel. We had our pool furniture out to replace the fabric so the chaise lounges and chairs are now all back in place around the pool looking fresh and bright. Many of our wedding groups choose to use our lovely courtyard for their bridal party and family pictures before and after their wedding to capture their wonderful memories. Thank you for staying with us!