“Best Ice Cream EVER!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Vacaville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vacaville, California, United States
“Best Ice Cream EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This has been a favorite of my family for a long time. We were excited to have them open in Vacaville. You will not be disappointed....you may have to wait....the prices seem high but wait until you get your food! Sandwiches are yummy, salads are great, and ice cream is superb.
You have to try the Swiss Milk Chocolate.....my fav!

las vagas
“Ice cream never tasted sooooo Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Fentons, is a little heaven in Vacaville. It is situated in the Nut Tree, right next door to Jelly Belly. Now their savoury food is really very good and it all depends on what you fancy as the Nut Tree, boasts Bourdins, Panera, a wonderful little Thai, a couple of Italians. But if you like burgers, salads and fries, you need not go any further. You can watch the mini train go round, hear the kids delightfully playing in the Nut Tree play area. But best of all if you like ice cream, you will LOVE Fentons, on a hot summers day, you can melt with your favourite flavour and feel totally satisfied.

Winters, California
“Marvelous Desserts in Old-Fashioned Setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I'm a senior who met two peers at this restaurant last week. We all enjoyed the visit, but were surprised to feel relief once we stepped outside into a quieter environment. All agreed that we would request outdoor seating for our next visit, in spite of the fact that we enjoyed the ice cream parlor ambience of yore. The food is delicious, though perhaps a bit overpriced; presentation was appealing, and servings were generous. The desserts, however, are without question, the most extravagant, mouth-watering creations we have ever tasted. Service was prompt, good-natured and attentive throughout.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Livermore, California
“We're 3rd GENERATION FANS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

My three brothers and I are 3rd generation Fenton Fans. My grandchildren are 5th generation. Back in the 50's our Mom would take us to the dentist in Oakland and then for lunch at Fentons after. It sure made going to the dentist a lot more desirable. Through the years we have celebrated many times at Fentons (birthdays, anniversaries, after Cal games, after Oakland A games and even when my son & his wife announced they were going to have a baby (twice). When my husband and I were dating, I had to take him in for a little test. If he didn't like Fentons he was out !!! Luckily he loved it.
I haven't veered away from my favorites, in the 60's years that I have enjoyed Fentons. I get either the crab sandwich or deviled egg (w/olives) pure JOY.....and always a Black & Tan !!!! My husband is more adventurous and orders something different often. His favorite is the hamburger with bleu cheese. I always sneak a bite, but I have to stay "Old School" on this and only order what was on the original menus, back in the 50's.
We've been to BOTH branches through the years...MANY MANY TIMES !! Our grandkids especially love the one in Vacaville because they get an awesome sundae and then get to ride of the Nut Tree Train and Merry-go-Around. When we have the grandkids come here, we meet halfway, in Vacaville to pick them up and then again to return them.
We've enjoyed sitting outside when the weather permits...it's so fun to "people watch"...especially the happy faces entering the restaurant.
This last time (in March) just my husband and I snuck in, on our way home. It was a Sunday night at dinner time and VERY crowded...but we weren't about to give up and leave. Before we knew it the host asked us if we would be interested in sitting at the counter? In my 60yrs of going to Fentons I have never sat at the counter. (probably because we always come with at least (4) other happy eaters). We had a ball....two of the chefs were so friendly, yet very professional. They would often look up and smile at us. We happened to notice a special creation, and the chef noticed that we saw it....it was his special creation for his dinner break....and he was kind enough to tell us all it about it. Another chef was preparing fried cheese sticks and asked if we had ever ordered them? I was thinking to myself...Heck no, I'm only "Old School" menu. He insisted that we both try one; and I have to say it was delicious.We had a whole NEW experience at the counter!!!!
Just saying the name FENTONS to ANYONE in our multi-generational family brings a big smile and joyous feelings :)

Florida, New York
“Charming place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

The ambiance is nice, the ice cream is just OK and presentation was unappealing. Ordered cookie topped with ice cream and they used one of those ice cream trays for a banana sundae, not sure how else to describe it. My cookie was placed into this tray so not flat and the ice cream toppled over so presentation was eh. The cookie was fine the ice cream was just OK. Would I visit I again, not sure as it was expensive.

• Visited February 2014