“Lovely Time with Old friends”

Zio Fraedo's of Vallejo
Ranked #14 of 181 Restaurants in Vallejo
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: hone: 707-642-8984 Address: 23 Harbor Way City: Vallejo State: CA Zip Code: 94590 Web Address: www.ziofraedos.com
Victoria, Texas
“Lovely Time with Old friends”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel to be the place to go. It's right on the harbor with very nice views however we didn't get a window seat. It was on a Friday night at 6:00pm and were seated immediately with no waiting. Menu prices were a little pricey with no salad in $16-$22 but where very generous portions. Service was excellent with great wine choices. Fairly easy to find and we sat for 3 hours taking never feeling rushed or pushed out for taking up a table on a Friday night. Highly recommend it for a nice social dinner. I preserve my 5 stars for those over the top restaurants. This restaurant was great!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Metaksams

“Banquet-Inspired Dining”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I ordered Fettuccine "Carbonara," which upon arrival, looked and tasted more like Linguini "Alfredo," with peas and some pancetta: is there an Italian cookbook in the kitchen (perhaps underneath the latest Sysco catalogue)?

The character of this place felt more akin to a banquet facility in some Bakersfield assisted living operation: mediocre, institutional dining...

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Hevy G
Vallejo, California, United States
“Best of the Vallejo Waterfront Restaurants”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We like the atmosphere at Zio Fraedo's, which is on the Vallejo waterfront, with a combination of formal dining rooms and more casual bar seating where we can often catch a televised ball game while we eat. The service is always competent and courteous, though it can be on the slower side if they're hosting a large private event.

On our last visit, my companion enjoyed the veal scallopini piccata ($17.95), which came with grilled veggies and a side of penne. I had linguini in white clam sauce ($15.95), which I found a little creamier than necessary, though I've enjoyed it there before. They can also be a bit heavy-handed with the garlic, which was evident in everything from the Caesar salad to the dipping sauce for the bread.

One other caveat: their "bread & butter" seems to be hosting private parties, so you can't always sit where you'd like. They'll find someplace for you but your favorite spot may be closed. On our last visit, even the bar was set up for a special event and there was no place for us in there, so we were seated in a small dining room that they had partitioned off on the parking lot side of the restaurant, opposite the water views.

Everything is relative, of course, and if you're choosing among the several eateries along the Vallejo waterfront, this is unquestionably the best for formal dining.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank VoxTerra
Stockton, California
“Very nice, highly recommend.”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure of stoping at the Vallejo Marina as part of our 10 day boating cruise of the Sacramento/San Francisco bay. We stumbled upon this very fine restaurant as we were taking our walk. Our party of 7 had no problems for being seat quickly. The waitress was extremely pleasant and cordial. They a very good wine and bar list. There is a wide selection on the menu ranging from Italian, American and seafood. The menu pricing was very reasonable considering the great ambience looking out to the marina.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Richard H
Rio Vista, CA
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Let's face it.... Vallejo is not the town it used to be. Unless you want a chain restaurant out by 80 and columbus pkwy, there are only a few choices left. One of the hidden gems still around is this place. It's off the beaten path and right on the water front. Our group of 6 had reservations for a Saturday night, we sat next to the window with a perfect view of the marina and sunset. There was only one other couple inside when we sat down, but they were doing a special event next door in the larger banquet room. The sports bar area looked nice with plenty of seats at the bar and small tables. After getting settled, we were taken care of right away, I think our waiter was "Steve"...? The menu has a lot to choose from, almost too much but it covered all the Italian and american food bases. I ordered the chicken cordon blue, one of my favorites and had not had it in a while so I tried it. Not bad, but I had so many first choices, I wanted a taste of many dishes offered. Several of my group ordered the bacon wrapped filet and everyone liked it. The dinning room filled up quick. By the time we left, all the tables were full, plus the banquet was going on. We never felt like we were getting less attention based upon the larger group in the next room. Again, considering your choices in Vallejo, you must not pass up an opportunity to visit and eat there. I will go back for sure.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank champ1517

Been to Zio Fraedo's of Vallejo? Share your experiences!