“Friendly”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Went here because of the reviews but we were not impressed. Noisy atmosphere, almost had to yell to talk to the person in front of me. The A/C was too high and my eggs were cold before I had a chance to eat them. The pancakes were average, no better than what I cook at home and the portions were not all that large for the price, much better breakfast choices and experience at Black Bear. We'll go again to try other menu items, the guys next to us bragged about their chicken fried steak. It was okay, the service was friendly and they played some good R&B oldies.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

During our recent travels back from the bay to Truckee we were looking for a dog friendly restaurant. This one popped up on my bring fido app (wish trip advisor had a way to mark dog friendly...there'd be less searching other sites).
Average breakfast, Vallejo local hangout, excellent service.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great variety of breakfasts, reasonable prices, personable wait staff. Looked like quite a few tables for more than 4 diners. Would highly recommend for breakfast.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a clean, regular cafe type restaurant. It is reliable, and centrally located. It's always packed for lunch, seems like. Pretty much tried everything on the menu, and I would give it a "B" to "B minus". Portions are good, but sometimes a little inconsistent. Love their breakfasts, that's my favorites. But for lunch, had salmon patties that had way too much salt, and one time their split pea soup was very cement like. If I stick to salads, sandwiches and breakfasts it's usually a great experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Vallejo is a city of hidden treasures lost amongst its gritty exterior and bad press. All of that changes on Saturday mornings during the weekly Farmer's Market on Georgia Street between Sonoma Blvd and Sacramento St. This charming restaurant is the perfect place to begin or end your morning at the market. It is what you expect from a mom and pop place that caters to the locals as well as the out of towners. Its local feel is reinforced by the hundreds of historical photographs on the walls as well as on the tabletops.

The food though is what everyone comes for. You will find your standard breakfast fare on the menu as well as a few Pacific Islander selections such as Spam. I always order my breakfast with the Hawaiian fried rice with a side of Finideni sauce (Guamanian dipping sauce). My other favorite is the Linguisa sausage. As I am not a pancakes eater, I cannot attest to their version, but from looking around the restaurant, I see many people eating it. In addition, the service was very attentive as evidenced by my coffee cups being always full.

All n all, this is the place to bring friends and family for a nice breakfast in Downtown Vallejo. While in Downtown, you can also shop the Farmers Market, antique shops, and visit the local museum two blocks away. For those coming from San Francisco, the Vallejo Ferry is the best ferry ride in the Bay Area and only three blocks away.

Been to Good Day Cafe? Share your experiences!