Regency Inn Vallejo
US$84
Motel 6
US$135
US$131
All reviewsyogurtfree wifiacross the streetmicrowavebedsamenitiestv
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I received this room via the internet . . . the site I initially found them on had them listed as a 4.5 rating. Can we say "bloat ware"??? Someone HAD to have had their friends out there pumping up their ratings because there is NO WAY, this place was even close to a 3, let alone a 4.5! The pic I saw showed a queen-size bed with a sofa. We arrived, after calling to let them know that we'd be about 20 minutes late; nice guy answered and thanked me for letting him know. I walk in to register; all lights are off. I'm like, "WTF?!?!?" I ring a bell, and he comes out, turning on the lights, and opens the door.

Quick registration, gives me the key, we go upstairs. No sofa. No queen size bed. It's a double. I have a queen-size . . . I can fit myself, as well as two more adults in my bed, or three my kids with me. Not possible in this bed!!!

We have to leave and figure we'll deal with it when we get back. We get back a few hours later, and the lights are all off again. We figure, screw it . . . we'll make do. About 11:15pm, I go in to take a shower. I actually TOOK OFF the shower head, thinking that it was plugged somehow. THERE WAS NO MORE THAN AN HONEST_TO_GOD TRICKLE coming out the thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took more than 20 minutes to wash AND get rinsed. This did NOT include washing my hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way to have accomplished that in the flippin' shower! And it was no better at 5:00am when my sister-in-law was trying to take a shower so we would leave on time!

Some jacksas named "Victor" insists that they were open the whole time, and that all the shower heads are the same, so there was OBVIOUSLY water, and that we were given a queen-size bed. End of story.

Yup. . . still wanna know why there's not a zero option for ratings, because that's exactly what this place would get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank selayma
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have to say that this is by far one of the worst hotels I have ever come across. I am still trying to figure out how they graduated from MOTEL! This is 110% not hotel quality!!!!!
I held a room at this particular hotel based upon the pictures, descriptions and the ratings online. However, when we showed up after a long day at Six Flags it looked noting like what was shown online! After viewing the exterior with bars on the windows, and the very rough building conditions we tried to open the door to the lobby which was locked!. We had to ring bell just to be let in to the lobby....hmmmm. The lobby was incredibly small, filthy (our feet stuck to the floor) and smelled like dog pee not to mention we could only talk to the staff through bullett proof glass. We asked to see the room before agreeing to pay for the room, the woman behind the bullet proof window agreed.
The room was just as bad.....there were stains and cigarette burns on the blankets and sheets (supposed to be a non-smoking facility) and it smelled like it hadnt been cleaned in months. There were no pictures on the walls and the room was no more than a really bad bed, some chincy pretend desk and a fridge that I was afraid to open after seeing the apperance of the buildings exterior and room itself. The floor was not the cleanest and looked as though it hadnt been vaccumed in a while (also stained). Cant tell you about the bathroom because I was not brave enough to go past the door.....
We decided not to stay here and confronted the front desk about the conditions of the hotel and room. The were very offended that we did not feel thier "Hotel" was to standards of the normal person to sleep in. In fact the gentleman behind the bulletproof glass was mouthy, rude and had horrible customer service. After being incredibly rude and yelling at my boyfriend the gentleman offered to upgrade us to a bigger bed for free asking us to remember they are just a little mom and pop establishment.....lol.
Little did I know they charged me for this room at noon before check in and before we ever got there and never gave us an option to use another source of payment (like we were planning) even though I did not authorize the charge, VERY DISHONEST!!!

Thank god I did not have my kids with me....DO NOT BRING YOUR FAMILY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: My best advice is to not stay here at all! Find a better room in a better location. Was not as close to six flags as they advertise. Save yourself the trouble and pay the little bit of extra cash for a much better and safer room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KawiGirl N
Reviewed 28 March 2012

stayed there 1 night September 24th. First thing when I walked in, I could tell the carpets had not been vacuumed in a while. The window drapes had a layer of dust, and there was a huge spider web (with spider) in the bathroom window. There was dust all over the microwave and mini fridge. The sink was dirty and was very slow to drain. There was hair and dirt in the bathtub as well. I will never ever stay here and warn my friends to stay away.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Beni M
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We chose this place out of a lodging coupon magazine. What a mistake. To start with, the lobby door was locked. That should have been the first warning that we were not in a good neighborhood. After ringing the buzzer, I was let in the door, only to talk with the desk clerk behind glass. That should have been my final warning to leave. But no, we were tired and wanted to rest. Our room was not good, and very small, but as mentioned before, we were very tired of driving. The next morning as we packed the car, I went to the ice machine for ice to keep my insulin cold. Mind you, I was not filling up a huge ice chest, only getting enough to keep my medicine. All of a sudden, two maids were shouting something at me and asking what my room number was. Surprised, I told them. So I will be checking my statement to make sure there is not an extra charge. I told the maids that I needed a little ice for my insulin, and they offered to get me an ice bucket. Oh, yes, there had been no ice bucket in my room. They gave me a 'bucket' that would hold about 12 ounces and was more like a drink cup. Fine. Message received. There are better places to stay for a reasonable fee in better neighborhoods. DO NOT bring your children here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2010

We decided to take a last minute trip to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom,we went down to Vallejo and checked out a couple of motels .After looking at some rooms we decided to stay at the Regency Inn .Mostly cause it was clean and affordable .The kids had a good time at the pool.We enjoyed the hot tub .Overall it was a nice weekend.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family