“We arrived in SFO for family funeral service and we were...”

Ramada Vallejo Near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Seaside, California, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE! Upon our arrival, at about 5 PM, our television was not working. I called the front desk every hour for the next three hours concerning the issue. Each time I was assured that someone was on the way to fix my problem, no one ever came. The next morning I asked to speak to the manager, and was told he was not there, but would call me if I left a message. I have now left over 6 messages and am still getting no response. The breakfast there was so awful, that we went to the diner next door. The rooms were old and dirty. This was the first time I have ever called a hotel's headquarters and filed a complaint. You've been warned!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Elk Grove
Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you need peace and quiet, clean room, a working phone, or a good breakfast, this place is O-U-T! It's literally across the street from Six Flags. When we pulled into the hotel, there were fireworks going off at Six Flags. Nice if you wanted that, not nice if you've a toddler who was startled awake and cried for the next 30 minutes. That's not the end of the noise: Six Flags staff are crammed 10 to a room here. Not a joke. My husband had to go out at least three times to ask them to keep their partying down, so we could sleep.

We tried to call the front desk, but the phone didn't work. Walked down to the front desk and they offered to check it out, but didn't come by. Not a major issue since 3 of us had cellphones... but it's the point: should have a working phone.

The room was filthy. Walking barefoot to the bathroom, I noticed I was leaving black footprints on the bathroom floor. It was just plain dirt. The carpet smelled like someone allowed a dog to relieve itself indoors, which was really gross.
Finally, we were given breakfast tickets. We hoped it was decent, but there were literally only waffles (wait for 10 folks in front of you to read the directions and make their own), yogurt and two pieces of fruit.

The management was rude to my husband when he tried to alert them to our poor stay. The man asked in thickly accented English, if we wanted an apology, then walked away.

I believe the only reason people stay there is that the Six Flags makes it a captive audience, and the price is $30-$60 less than the other two hotels nearby.

Believe me: do yourself a favor, splurge on the more expensive hotel, if you can. The best part of our stay, was leaving, to enjoy breakfast at the semi-decent diner across the street.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vallejo
Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom
Regency Inn
Regency Inn
#8 of 18 in Vallejo
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Been to Ramada Vallejo Near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom? Share your experiences!