First impression was not good, as we arrived at about 10am (which we knew was well before check-in, but presumably 99% of their custom is people going to Six Flags for the day) and asked them if they could store our luggage whilst we went to Six Flags. The first receptionist seemed totally flabbergasted by the request, and the second explained they could not store luggage. They said we could use the car park and shuttle across to Six Flags, but this meant us leaving all our worldly possessions in the car all day. Still, the shuttle worked well, and it really only is a short walk - you have to cross a freeway slip-road but there are crossings. And our possessions were intact! On the positive side, when we returned in the late afternoon the reception staff were friendly and helpful, and the room was enormous! Two large beds and a big seating area, plus a table and chairs, fridge, microwave and counter top. We liked the fact that the hand basin and vanity consul were separate from the bathroom, it gave much more space, and was very convenient with 4 of us trying to get ready at once. This was the best of all the rooms we had on our tour round California.
As other reviewers have said, the breakfast room is very cramped and feels like a store room. But the food was perfectly fine, and I noticed lots of people taking theirs back to their rooms to eat. There is a pool which looked good, but we didn't use it. We drove to Benicia for dinner, but there are a couple of diners near the hotel.
This was an absolutely perfect place to stay for Six Flags, for one or 2 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You're in for a treat at this spacious Vallejo hotel where the best the Golden State has to offer is right outside your door. Six Flags® Discovery Kingdom is our neighbor, which means that you simply have to stroll across the street for a day full of fun. Want something a little more laid back? Napa Valley is also nearby, so an afternoon of wine tasting is an absolute must. This Vallejo hotel is only 15 minutes away from Napa Valley, so a cab ride is an easy choice. We're the best hotel in Vallejo for adventure seekers. The heated outdoor pool and hot tub is open year round for a little relaxation after a day of exploration. Free parking and free shuttle service to Six Flags® Discovery Kingdom are just a couple of the ways guests are treated like family. No other Vallejo hotel can compare. If you're interested in something a little different, you're in luck. Our Vallejo hotel is near several dog shows at Solano County Fairgrounds and the Jelly Belly® Factory. This is one unusual match that really works. Speed lovers delight at the NASCAR® and Indy Grand Prix at Infineon Raceway. Of course, sometimes you're traveling on business. Maybe you're taking your high school senior to check out Touro University. Maybe you're in town with Valero® Oil Refinery, Chevron Oil Refinery, or have business to take care of on Mare Island. Maybe you need to host a business meeting or event in our convenient business room. There's no reason you can't fully enjoy your stay just because you're punching the clock or writing tuition checks. Enjoy a full breakfast before starting your day - it's on us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom Hotel Vallejo
- Best Western Plus Inn And Suites At Discovery Kingdom
- Best Western Hotel Vallejo
- Best Western Vallejo
- Vallejo Best Western