“Napa Discovery”

Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Vallejo
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

It was only due to a last minute meeting in Napa that I stumbled across the Best Western Discovery Kingdom. My expectations were met across the board. I had a minor issue with the television when I initially checked into my room. The friendly front desk staff had maintenance at my door in less than 5 minutes and the issue was fixed. The service was always very prompt. The highlight is the pool and jacuzzi. The hotel was fairly quiet during my visit so I had the whole pool to myself. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausage, and waffles. If I'm in the area again I'll definitely visit this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stayed one night while traveling through. The hotel is in a questionable neighborhood; not much around for restaurants or things to do. Hotel rooms could use some updating, but it was clean and spacious. Breakfast was the usual, nothing spectacular. The receptionist charged us extra for having four in the room and wasn't very friendly. Overall, I probably wouldn't stay there again unless I couldn't find another room elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2013

My daughter and I stayed here to go to a show in Oakland and then do a day trip in San Francisco. Meanwhile I had to be back in work near Sacramento the next morning. This was a good midpoint location and the price was right.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank 856ColleenI
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed here one night while traveling through the Napa area. The room was nice, the service friendly, and the price was reasonable. We did not experience the breakfast. It closes quite early even on the weekend.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2013

It was great until the shuttle back from the park came. It was freezing cold and they had one shuttle that holds about 7 I think. The count of the line which was well over 20 people was enough for us to walk back from the park. In the time we walked back and had got to our room the second shuttle had not returned with folks. That was really the worst part of things. The breakfast was usual free breakfast. My issue with it was the area is really small and croweded. Folks are rude and that is not the hotels fault. but move the breakfast maybe...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

A very nice hotel that was in the right place - right across from the amusement park.

We came with my sister and nieces and had a great couple days here. PLUS! We were very close to Napa Valley so we got an extra day away from the kids and had some delicious wine tastings.

A very fine trip.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Thank you Best Western! warm pool and spa, lots of pillows, and plenty of room. The breakfast was good and early(its fine) 6-9 but they where very accommodating, they even brought out more chocolate muffins for us ( tip: if you are nice to the people who work hard at making you comfy then they will be nice to you) my family injoyed our stay very much. The walk to the park is about 15 min with 2 seven year olds and a 13 yr old

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vallejo
Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley
Americas Best Value Inn Six Flags/Vallejo/Napa Valley
Quality Inn near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom-Napa Valley
Regency Inn
Regency Inn
#5 of 17 in Vallejo
Budget Inn Vallejo/Napa Valley
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon

Been to Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom? Share your experiences!