“BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn & Suites and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom are a great combination!”

Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Vallejo
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I was very nervous about my hotel choice after reading some of the other reviews. We arrived after 11:00 pm. We had just watched the Oakland A's at the O.co. The neighborhood around the colosseum is a bit sketchy. The hotel glass front doors were locked which added to my unease. However, when DeAndre opened the doors and checked us in, his kind temperament and welcoming calmed my anxiety. Our room was comfortably and clean. The breakfast room could have been larger and the presentation of the food a little better. The food was ok. A very long wait for the waffle maker. In the daylight, the hotel is in a good location. Why was I so scared? We decided not to wait for the bus to take us to Six Flags and walked. It was very easy! I left the car in the parking lot. When the park closed we walked back. It was so simple. I found this hotel to be a great place to stay if you are going to Six Flags. I will use it again in the future!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
DeshaButler, General Manager at Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to submit a review following your visit to the Best Western Inn & Suites. We appreciate your kind comments about our service and your remarks have been passed on to those staff memebers. Your observation have aided us in areas of service needing improvement and we thank you for letting us know how we can improve. Again, thank you and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I hit California with some friends of mine to tour the wineries in Napa (Mr. Zin's Tours rocks!) and we wound up staying a couple of nights at the Best Western in Vallejo. The room prices were reasonable which is the primary reason we chose it. Well, that and the fact that it was just down the road from Six Flags and just a little ways from Napa. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bed wasn't the greatest but it was acceptable. I'd read some reviews before booking that indicated the staff was hard to deal with but I didn't have any issues with them. We called down for extra pillows and they promptly sent some up so I was happy. The area the hotel was located in was surprisingly quiet though we did run into a few transients looking for spare change on the walk over to Six Flags. Should have used the hotel's free shuttle. The wi-fi worked great for us

The desk clerk clued me in to Cha Am just down the street and I do love me some Thai food (Chicken Prawn Pad Thai, yum!). I also appreciated that the staff didn't seem to mind directing us in to the local hot spots. The breakfast was fine, though the kids had made a complete mess of the waffle machine and every surface surrounding it. The only real downer for us during our stay was the kids. Yes we knew that a hotel that close to Six Flags would be overrun with kids, we just didn't expect so many of them to be free range with no handlers in sight. Granted that's not the hotel's fault, but be prepared if you book. I would still happily stay there again though!

Room Tip: Spring for an upgraded room. Your sleep will thank you. It will get you away from the families with...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amy V

Dear Valued Guest, thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. We value your business and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I always stay here when I come to visit my grandchildren. With a military discount, the value can't be beat. The beds are comfy, the climate controls are individual and actually work, the breakfast is good (without a tip jar in sight!), the staff personable and professional. This is my hotel of choice anytime I am even in the Bay Area; I'll commute to SF rather than stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy S

Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to write regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your patronage and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Close to discovery kingdom. Clean room but bed not very comfortable. Pool very small. Everything seems to be well cared for and clean. Breakfast was okay but crowded. Irratated that this review has to be 200 characters minimum

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stay at Best Western in Vallejo was great! Nice accommodations! Within walking distance of Six Flags Discovery Kingdom though the free shuttle was a plus. Great place for a family to stay. Nice breakfast as well.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Hard beds combined with a staff of hard-headed people who refuse to work as a team. If you only want a place to stay near 6 flags this will do.... Before you book check out Courtyard ..... $ 40 more however you bed will be soft and everyone will smile.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Valued Guest, I appreciate you taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I thank you for your constructive critique of our performance. You have alerted us to an area needing attention and we will all take immediate corrective action. Again, my apologies for the lack of professionalism and we hope you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We came here for a concert in Napa, and every decent hotel we researched in Napa was over $200+/night. We were pleasantly surprised to find this place for only $99/night. The rooms were nicely done, they had a full breakfast (not just muffins and sweet rolls) and we were only 10 miles from Napa. The place is also dog friendly. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vallejo
Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley
Quality Inn near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom-Napa Valley
Americas Best Value Inn Six Flags/Vallejo/Napa Valley
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
Budget Inn Vallejo/Napa Valley

Been to Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom? Share your experiences!