“Far from Napa Valley!”

Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Vallejo
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I'm not a huge Marriott fan to begin with... but sometimes nothing else is available :)

Lets start with the positives:
Location/Property:
+Directly across the street from Marine World. Would make a great choice if you live far away and wanted to turn Marine World into an overnight trip.
+Walking distance to a few fast food places.
+20 minutes or so from Napa Valley.
+Property itself was clean but dated.

And the things I didn't like:
-Despite requesting a non-smoking room, our room smelled of smoke.
-The bed is a cheap matress. I still have a sore back a few days later.
-Perhaps it is just Vallejo, but there seems to be a "thug like-baggy pants" element that frequents this place.

Bottom Line:
Cheap place to stay... I would be extra carefull not to leave anything valuable in my car and it might be a tough night for someone who has smoke allergies or issues with cheap matresses.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Nader E, General Manager at Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

As general manager of the Courtyard by Marriott, Vallejo - Napa Valley, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from our customers. I’m so sorry to hear that the guestroom mattress was not comfortable. This issue is being reviewed by appropriate staff members to make sure the issue will not re-occure with any of our future guests. Our hotel also has an enforced no-smoking policy and I apologize for the inconvenience we may have caused you. We assure you that this is not the norm, and we will make every effort to ensure it doesn’t happen again. We hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you’re passing through. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley

Reviewed 16 August 2011

We always enjoy going to Six Flaggs and staying across the street at the Marriot. The rooms are clean, staff friendly and we can walk to the park at about the same distance as parking in the amusement parking lot! The kids love arriving the night before and seeing the rides!! Breakfast is good but a little over priced.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Nader E, Manager at Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

As general manager of the Courtyard by Marriott, Vallejo - Napa Valley , I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

We needed a place to stay for a trip to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom that we took with another family. We have 7 children between us, so we were looking for some place kid-friendly, but big enough to accomodate our group.

We lucked out by choosing this hotel. Not only was the price right, it was literally across the street from the theme park. We walked there in the morning with the strollers and we liked knowing that we could easily walk back for lunch or a nap if needed.

The rooms were adjoining which made it nice to corrall the kids in one in front of Disney Channel, leaving the adults the other room to chat and enjoy some coffee via the room's coffee pot.

Each room also had a refrigerator and a little counter area to work on (we used ours to make sandwiches). Beds were comfy and as always, I enjoy the pillows at Marriott hotels. They seem to give you both firm and soft options.

The free WiFi was great. The only things that weren't so great was the broken handle on the hot water for the bathroom sink. However, we called to report it on our way out to dinner and it was fixed by the time we got back. The other was the grime on our little ones knees and clothing after they played "puppy dog" on the floor for awhile. Pretty dirty...but I'm guessing most hotel carpets are that way from all the traffic.

This hotel was also directly across a side street from a mini mart and a sandwich shop. It was within a few miles of a huge Target and shopping center as well as a Costco (with fuel station...yay!). Everything you could ask for and more. After Six Flags, we drove 2 miles to Chevy's for dinner and to take advantage of the Kids Eat Free on Tuesday nights.

The lobby was nice...free coffee bar next to the restaurant and a nice area to sit and read or work. Didn't have time to check out the pool or gym, but I'm sure they were nice.

We took advantage of the laundry facilites (on the 2nd and 4th floor) -- much needed with a potty training 2-year-old. We even checked out and drove to the Jelly Belly factory tour 10 miles away before we realized we had left some items in the dryer. One call later and the staff very thoughtfully retrieved the items, put them in a bag and had them waiting at the front desk.

If you don't know where to stay on your next trip to Vallejo...look no further. You won't go wrong staying here!

Room Tip: Use your Costco American Express card to save an additional 5% on the room rate or AAA discount if y...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Austen_gal

As general manager of the Courtyard by Marriott, Vallejo - Napa Valley, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a positive review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear about the carpet issue. We assure you that this is not the norm, and we will make every effort to ensure it doesn’t happen again. We appreciate your business and the opportunity you afforded us to serve you and your family members. We look forward to continue providing you with the high level of accommodations and services you expect of us. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more comfortable and enjoyable.

Reviewed 20 July 2011

This place is right across the street from the Six Flags Amusement Park. This was convenient for our son and his family to go to the park. My husband and I spent the day wine tasting in the Carneros region of the Napa Valley. This hotel is very well located, because in the morning I decided I needed some more clothes and took a 25-minute mad dash to the outlet malls in Vacaville.

the room was very comfortable and well appointed. They served breakfast in the lobby for $10.95, so we made do with the contents of our cooler. The night before we tried Annies Panda Garden for Chinese food. The best, and very reasonable. The hotel was also across the street from a strip mall with a gas station, ice cream store, and a fast food restaurant. AI forget what, but I know we got something there, and it was nice to not have to get into the car.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We stayed on the 4th of July. Had to pay 17.00 for parking, we went out to dinner and came back and parking lots was jammed pack full of people with cameras on tri pods, lawn chairs, cars parked blocking parking. Very obvious these were people not registered at hotel, older gentleman was a security guard walking around and did not say anything to any of these people. Were swimming in the pool and 4 teenagers were throwing wads of wet toilet paper, after a while they get out get bicycles out of bushes and ride off on their bikes, security also came in to pool and did not say a word. last straw was when a little girls runs over by our table which was right next to bathroom, mind you this child was about 6 yrs old, pulls her bathing suit down and pees by our table. Rooms were average, had bottle water in room but if you used it they were 2.50 a bottle for a small water bottle.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2011

As a frequent business traveler I have stayed in several of the hotels in the Vallejo area over the past year. The other hotels I have stayed at were a huge disappointment and often unsafe and uncomfortable. Staying at the courtyard was my last attempt to find a good local hotel near where I am working. I am pleased to reccomend this hotel to all! The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff really went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and welcome.They even have full time grounds security to ensure your safety. Every aspect of my stay was just perfect. So don't be disappointed by the other area hotels as I was; stay at the Courtyard by Marriot.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Stayed one night after going to the races. It was ok.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vallejo
Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
Regency Inn
Regency Inn
#5 of 17 in Vallejo

Been to Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley? Share your experiences!