“Definitely a 5 star hotel if you're not as picky as me”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Valley Center
Valley View Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Valley Center
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed in an 8th floor room that was just incredible! 12ft ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows that looked out on the valley, twice the space of normal hotel rooms, comfortable furniture and bed, spacious bathroom, and everything sparkling clean. The only things dropping this from 5 stars to 4 were the tacky carpeting, no iron/ironing board and the lack of hot water. It seems such a waste to have those recycled rubber carpet squares in such a grand room. It felt icky underfoot and just looked cheap. The water never got above really warm, so my GF couldn’t take a hot bath. We even had to use the temperature controller all the way to hot during showers and even that was only warm. We asked an employee and she said it is the number one complaint from guests. I guess management would rather save a few bucks than satisfy their customers.

Parking is free, as is the bottled water. The elevators are clean, quiet, and fast. The hallways are clean and well-lit. The front desk staff is way past excellent – perhaps the most professional and friendly I have encountered. The maids were efficient, thorough and friendly. As great as the facility is, the staff is the real backbone of this hotel.

With our stay we received a complimentary continental breakfast near the pool. Basic breads, bagels, cereals, coffee, tea, and what was described as an egg and sausage muffin. Even better was the VIP pass for the lobster buffet line. We zoomed ahead in a relatively fast 30 minutes, instead of the 3 hour wait other non-guest VIPs had, and the even longer wait the non-VIP commoners had.

And finally, one of the best casinos in Southern California. Probably the largest non-smoking gaming area around. Free water, coffee and soft drinks at serve yourself stations. And, again, welcoming and helpful staff from the valets, security guards, cocktail waitresses and players club personnel. I hope management appreciates their employees and treats them well. (No, I don’t know anyone that works here…)

All in all, a fantastic long weekend, but attention to a couple of small details would make all the difference.

Room Tip: Ask for the 8th floor for better views and higher ceilings.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James T
There are newer reviews for Valley View Casino Hotel

Reviewed 19 February 2012

There werent that many items but the quality and taste of the food was superb. I ate 3 lobsters, prime rib (succulent and tender!), mac and cheese (thick and deliciously creamy), sweet potato fries (crispy and soft inside!), creamed spinach, garlic alfredo pasta, candied yams, creme brûlée, pumpkin pie and chocolate fountain pretzel. SO AWESOME!!!
This is how they get you: you sign up for the player's club and you get a dinner reservation for a FREE buffet!!!! Here is the catch: the reservation is 3-4 hours later so you are find of forced to wait around. What else are you going to do in a casino but gamble? TIP: If you are headed down this way, I suggest you sign up for the players club at Valley View if you havent already and then go to another casino like Pala where they have a poker room. Valley view does NOT have a poker room and thats all I play since I dont trust those machines. Do NOT play at Valley View! I didnt really play the machines but my co-workers did and they all had tough luck. All I did to wait around was down a bottle of baileys to calm down my hunger.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
30  Thank sueblue02
Reviewed 26 January 2012

The drive to Valley View Hotel and Casino takes you through some of the most beautiful countryside in southern California. The hills are covered with avocado and orange trees.as you drive through the valley you have the feeling that you have stepped back in time. As your car is going through the gentle rolling hills, you are suddenly surprised to see Harrahs Casino rising out of nowhere. As you drive past Harrahs, you continue your leisurely drive for 4 or 5 miles you'll come upon Valley View Hotel and Casino.

Parking in their multi story parking facility is convenient and close.

Walking through the front door, you immediately grt the feelinf of a Las Vegas casino. Slotmachines everywhere, with a huge selection to choose from.

If this is your first visit, you should sign up at the players booth and get you 2 free buffet tickets. The buffet is why many people come to Valley View Hotel and Casino. They advertise this lobster buffet as the best buffet around. Well, chances are that you will be disappointed in this buffet. They dole out small lobsters cut in half that look more like large crayfish than lobsters. Basically you'll get a piece of lobster tail meat about the size of your index finger an a lobster claw that is difficult to open, just to get a slimy tidbit if lobster. I ate 6 of their lobster servings and felt it was equal to one normal lobster meal. They give you 1/2 lobster at a time, so you end up making several trips to the buffet.

Other food in the buffet was good, but it should be if you pay to get into the buffet. The cost is about $66 a couple and can take 45 minutes+ waiting in line. The buffet at Pala Casino (which you will pass on the way to Valley View Hotel and Casino) is a much better buffet and costs less!

I sat down at a blackjack table where the dealer had shuffled the shoe and was waiting for his next victim. I put $100 on the table and got my chips. This was only a $10 table, so I thought I'd play for a relaxed 30 or 40 minutes with $10 minimum bets. First hand the dealer gives himself a blackjack. He won the next 5 hands, I won 1, and continued on to win the next 5 hands. In less than 5 minutes he wiped me out. The happened at 2 more tables, but took about 10 minutes each, so I decided that something other than the lobster smelled fishy. Seems to me that Valley View Hotel and Casino, just like the other indian casinos, have something up their sleeves at these games.

Would go back to Valley View Hotel and Casino? I'd probably go for the drive, and to the buffet if I got a couple free passes. Play the tables?....no, but may play $20 at the slots.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Peoplemovers
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I've been going to the Valley View Casino since it was a small hole in the wall. Now it has the largest Non-smoking area of any casino I know. It has a great buffet. And now a beautiful hotel. I've stayed here twice. The first time we were on the seventh floor with the view towards north. The second time on the eighth (top) floor on the south side. The north looks towards Palomar Mountain and south towards Hellhole Canyon and the pool area. Both are views are wonderful. The room on the top floor have incredibly hugh ceilings, but otherwise are the same. All rooms have a tub and shower. If you're eating in the buffet be sure to get a line pass at the front desk. The people working there are very friendly and helpful. Great hotel and casino.

Room Tip: Play enough in the casino and the rooms are free, but what else is new? Ask for a high floor for a...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaguarVideo
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Valley View casino and hotel is a great get away. The rooms at the hotel are large and the bathrooms are very nice. Having a separate shower/tub is important for me.
Valley View is a small hotel with the casino attached. The pool area, with an infinity pool overlooking vineyards and farms is just beautiful.
The buffet is excellent and you get a free buffet when you sign up for their players club. A light breakfast is free as well, and included in your room rate.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank MalkaStudioCity
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Where do I start with this review........Let start with rooms. We got a $99 a night rate (great deal) of course it was a Thursday evening but nontheless, good value. CLEAN AND MODERN! View was ok. I mean you get a view from your room (we were on the 8th floor) you can see mountais (nice) but you also see more homes than anything. This casino is NOT on a reservation (if it is it is way diff from the others), where there is nothing around but beautiful mtns views! (Barona, Viejas) Staff here was not very accomodating, had the attitude of "another day at work" type thing. Far from what "hospitality" should be like. Upon check in, We were considering staying another night , and they quoted us $239!!! Ok now for $239 you could stay at the Bellagio or La Costa Resort and Spa ....these rooms/hotel are NOT by any means worth $239! They did allow us to check in early, however as we waited for our room, they didnt help us at all by asking us to be a member our the casino (player card) We had to find it ourselves. The average age at this casino is 65! I checked other reviews but there is no age on them....which would be nice! This was retirement community, which is not a bad thing however, my husband and I being in our 30's were hoping for a lil more liveliness!! The rooms did not have the basics, like robes (Hampton inn has those!!) shower caps, ample towels, and we forgot our toothbrush and I called the front desk for a complimentary one well they dont offer that!! Even the small chains do! Huh??!! And pwople pay $239 for this?? W-O-W!!
Let's move onto the buffett----IF you love seafood this is the place to go! My husband and I really dont eat it so we did eat the other food, prime rib (way undercooked) turkey, pastas, etc, however when you sign up for the player club card you do get a choice of a voucher for the steakhouse or the buffett, we'd regret not taking the steakhouse! But overall is was ok. Not terrible but NOT great!

The pool-----The pool is NEVER heated, the waitress told us! Great views but all you can do is lay out! The pool was colder than my drink! GEEZ!!! All teh guest that were out there were as bummed as I ,that we could use it! The waitress said I dont know how people go in there, (kids) during the summer as we never heat it!! What?? HAd I known that I would have enevr booked here! I was looking forward to laying out and dipping in the pool, well that was a no go! The morning b-fast was basically continental, great selection and a breakfast burrito. The usual.

Casino is very small, compared to others, and only 2 roulette type tables...2!!!

So overall rating?? On a scale of 1-5 I'd give it a 3. and that because of the cleansiness of the room and size! This is a place you "happen" to stay at cuz you didnt want to drive home, NOT a destination hotel/casino!!!

Room Tip: Do not pay more than 100 per night here!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mel9495
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Very spacious room done in updated design that's now. Everything looks and smells clean and new with a no smoking policy for all rooms. Seperate shower and tub in bathroom with granite counter tops. Reception very helpful, knowledgeable, efficient and cheerful. Whole hotel is tastefully done and extremely clean and spacious. Great Breakfeast is included in price of the room.

The location is a little out of the way, but the Casino provides plenty of entertainment for a couple of days.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great floor to ceiling view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Super 8 Escondido
Super 8 Escondido
#13 of 16 in Escondido
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula

Been to Valley View Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!