“great for a break”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Valley Center
Valley View Casino Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Valley Center
avalon, ca
“great for a break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

We ended a much needed weeks vacation at this hotel/casino and it was the icing on the cake!

A beautiful location, huge room which is nicely appointed, and then the penny slots to play all night. The hotel front desk staff was very informative and welcoming and can also sign you up for their players club right at the front desk. The view from the floor to ceiling windows are expansive and there is a seperate shower (fits two) and soaking tub.

We opted not to do the buffet but went to their top end restaurant instead....(see seperate review). After dinner we hit the floor and had a fun night selecting different machines to play....six hours went by in a flash! They do serve cocktails on the floor (prices are reasonable) and free soft drink stations are scattered around the perimeter of the gaming floor. There are also table games that seemed to be very popular.

There is a breakfast buffet served to hotel guests at the pool deck....fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, juice, coffe/tea, and a hot dish...all can be taken back to your room if there is no room at the pool side tables.

Self parking was easy, there is complimentary valet (for all casino guests so it can be BUSY).

The hotel lobby can be accessed by anyone but the hotel itself can only be entered with your room key so it is quiet!

I suggest a two night stay so you can enjoy the pool area and sleeping in!

Room Tip: there are lots of tour type busses bringing in the penny gamblers during thee day so check in after...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank misemma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Oceanside, california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

ANYONE who has an opportunity to stay at the Valley View Casino Hotel should...It is absolutely wonderful. The only thing my family and I like better than staying in one of the rooms, while eating the wonderful variety of restaurants (especially the buffet!) is staying in one of the Suites!!!! I do mean Sweet, Suite!!!! The people are best part of staying there, but the rooms and the slots run a close second (no thirds).... I always enjoy staying and playing at the Valley View Casino (and now) Hotel....

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Evie007
Southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Rooms are damned nice but there's something odd about this place... All the waitresses have smiles on their faces... I don't think I've ever seen that on one before. Rather pricey but a clean upscale place. We enjoyed our stay. Certainly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

My friend and I just got back from a night at the Valley View Casino Hotel. Friendly, top notch service from check in to check out. The lobster/crab leg buffet was excellent. The hotel was beautiful and the rooms were well appointed. The pool/hot tub area was also beautiful however, we did not take advantage of it because we were too busy gambling. I played slots for hours on end and I never went over my budget and I was constantly winning. They players card is a great value, I have only been to this casion once before but I had accumulated 2 free dinner buffets on top of the one I had received when I first signed up and I received a nice amount of comp play. They have a huge non-smoking area of the casino as well. They had great live music, friendly bar tenders...overall it was just a great experience, this hotel/casino is by far my new favorite ;) The ONLY draw back is the winding road that you must drive up to the location, I would not attempt to drive it at night. So with that inmind just drive carefully and enjoy your trip...Good Luck $$$

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor room 611 Queen deluxe, nice and spacious with mountain & pool view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maria M
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Spent Sunday night at Valley View Hotel to take advantage of one night Free stay. This casino is probably notorious for giving daily promotions to entice people to come and gamble. The free dinner buffet was delicious serving all you can eat Maine lobster, sushi, Alaskan crab legs, oyster on a half shell, prime rib, and a dessert bar to die for. Problem is that you have to sign in early for the buffet before 4 pm Sunday - Thursday and 2 pm on Friday and Saturday or else there is a two hours wait ( beepers is given for late comers and you will be paged when there's available seat).

The hotel room is bigger than normal hotel rooms, There is a beautiful view of the valley on every room. Internet and bottled water are complimentary and also a poolside breakfast every morning. Separate bathrooms and tubs are great. I gave it a 4 stars because you have to passed through the smoking section of the casino to get into the hotel lobby. Wonder why they didn't make a separate entrance for hotel guests.

The casino has a lot of penny slots. I usually play in the non-smoking section. They have a variety of slots to make any slot players happy. Very few dollar slots located in their high limit area. Very few table games but most people are playing slots anyway. The drive to this casino will be winding roads and it's about half an hour from the main freeway but the view and serenity is well worth it. Enjoyed my stay in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank funseeker888
Fullerton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed in an 8th floor room that was just incredible! 12ft ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows that looked out on the valley, twice the space of normal hotel rooms, comfortable furniture and bed, spacious bathroom, and everything sparkling clean. The only things dropping this from 5 stars to 4 were the tacky carpeting, no iron/ironing board and the lack of hot water. It seems such a waste to have those recycled rubber carpet squares in such a grand room. It felt icky underfoot and just looked cheap. The water never got above really warm, so my GF couldn’t take a hot bath. We even had to use the temperature controller all the way to hot during showers and even that was only warm. We asked an employee and she said it is the number one complaint from guests. I guess management would rather save a few bucks than satisfy their customers.

Parking is free, as is the bottled water. The elevators are clean, quiet, and fast. The hallways are clean and well-lit. The front desk staff is way past excellent – perhaps the most professional and friendly I have encountered. The maids were efficient, thorough and friendly. As great as the facility is, the staff is the real backbone of this hotel.

With our stay we received a complimentary continental breakfast near the pool. Basic breads, bagels, cereals, coffee, tea, and what was described as an egg and sausage muffin. Even better was the VIP pass for the lobster buffet line. We zoomed ahead in a relatively fast 30 minutes, instead of the 3 hour wait other non-guest VIPs had, and the even longer wait the non-VIP commoners had.

And finally, one of the best casinos in Southern California. Probably the largest non-smoking gaming area around. Free water, coffee and soft drinks at serve yourself stations. And, again, welcoming and helpful staff from the valets, security guards, cocktail waitresses and players club personnel. I hope management appreciates their employees and treats them well. (No, I don’t know anyone that works here…)

All in all, a fantastic long weekend, but attention to a couple of small details would make all the difference.

Room Tip: Ask for the 8th floor for better views and higher ceilings.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank James T
Norwalk, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

There werent that many items but the quality and taste of the food was superb. I ate 3 lobsters, prime rib (succulent and tender!), mac and cheese (thick and deliciously creamy), sweet potato fries (crispy and soft inside!), creamed spinach, garlic alfredo pasta, candied yams, creme brûlée, pumpkin pie and chocolate fountain pretzel. SO AWESOME!!!
This is how they get you: you sign up for the player's club and you get a dinner reservation for a FREE buffet!!!! Here is the catch: the reservation is 3-4 hours later so you are find of forced to wait around. What else are you going to do in a casino but gamble? TIP: If you are headed down this way, I suggest you sign up for the players club at Valley View if you havent already and then go to another casino like Pala where they have a poker room. Valley view does NOT have a poker room and thats all I play since I dont trust those machines. Do NOT play at Valley View! I didnt really play the machines but my co-workers did and they all had tough luck. All I did to wait around was down a bottle of baileys to calm down my hunger.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
#3 of 6 in Fallbrook
Radisson Hotel San Diego - Rancho Bernardo
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Escondido Downtown
Harrah's Resort Southern California

Been to Valley View Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!