“A casino that makes you feel welcome . Not just for your money”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Valley Center
Valley View Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Valley Center
Bangkok, Thailand
“A casino that makes you feel welcome . Not just for your money”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This past week I had to go to San Diego on business . I was to have meetings in the Valley just outside of San Diego and so started to look for local places .. I stumbled upon this great Casino and I have to say that everyone makes you feel really welcome . The rooms are quite nice and the restaurant reasonable . The staff though are what makes the difference .. They were very good .
This was a very pleasant surprise .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Kevin C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay at valley view casino. Had few hours of sleep but they have the best pillow that conforms to my neck and had a good rest. I tried to search everywhere and can't find the brand.
Wish someone could tell me where to get it. Fredericks innovation down pillows.
I recommend this hotel. Clean and good food too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Liz P
Perris, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Hands down this is the BEST casino in Southern California. Let me tell you why.

First, they offer a free lobster buffet on your first visit when you get a player's card.

Second, the Lobster Buffet is delicious! The buffet itself (even without the lobster- which is the weekday lunch... you get the lobster for dinner and on weekends) is delicious and has quality food. Please note: I have been to other casino buffets (because I love to eat) and this is the best in the area.

Third, once you are a regular (I think it took me 2 visits, maybe 3 max, to become a regular), then they will send you monthly coupons - one of which is a free buffet! YAY!!! More food!!

Fourth, they will mail you a packet of monthly coupons, 1 or 2 of which include free money (CASH! not just 'free play').

Fifth, they will also give you monthly coupons for 'free play'.

Sixth, EVERY DAY, you are guaranteed to get at least an additional $5 in extra 'free play' with the daily coupons you get each month. They have these real cool and fun games in the back of the non-smoking section. You reach in pull and pull an envelope; the minimum amount inside each envelope is $5 in free play. You could also pull an envelope that offers one of the fun games they offer (i.e. rolling dice, picking cards) which could lead you to getting even more free play or maybe even cash money. These are like "Price is Right' type of games just to give you an idea- very fun!

Seventh, they have a HUGE non-smoking area, where I practically live on my weekly visits.

Eighth, on Tuesdays, they give away free T-shirts (or depending on the month - apple pies) if you gain 100 pts on your player's card at the machines, or if you get a blackjack at the tables.

Ninth, the dealers and pit bosses are SOOOOO nice. They are friendly (Hi Bam!) and do so much to make you comfortable.

Let's see what else...
* Oh, yes. I have enjoyed staying at the hotel and it was nice too. The pool and patio are very relaxing as well.
* I enjoy the free hot chocolate with whipped cream that you can order from the waitresses.
*Oh, and how could I forget, the valet is freeeeeee also! And you can get free water bottles at the valet booth.
*Recently, I rode the free bus to the casino (saving me a 1 hr drive on the way there in the morning and a 1hr 20 min drive on the way back). I'll definitely be doing that again! Bus leaves Sun City at 9:40 and returns around 4:20pm. I was just going to write that the fact that it takes me a 2 hour round trip is the only drawback, but now that they changed the bus pick up times, I don't have a single thing to say negatively about Valley View Casino!

Enjoy your buffet and free stuff at Valley View!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank kelliducloux1
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Although this casino is off the beaten path, it is well worth stopping if you are looking for a good night's rest, a great meal, and some entertainment. This is a small casino compared to others that I have reviewed, but it was super clean, the staff was incredibly friendly, the food was of high quality and variety, and the room an exceptional value. I highly recommend going during the week, as room rates are significantly (and I mean significantly) cheaper, the crowds lighter, and as a result, the experience more pleasant. There are both smoking and non-smoking sections to the casino, but the hotel is exclusively non-smoking and not pet friendly. Guests enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators, and you'll never hear another person!! We were on the si...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank VanEsq12
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I enjoyed my one night comped stay at this hotel. I knew where to go to check in as i have been to the casino before. This was my first hotel stay. After reading the reviews i did not try to check in before 3:00 PM.

By then, i had already eaten at the buffet with my own VIP pass so i didnt need the Hotel Guest Line Pass.

The room is new and very pretty. The tv is huge and a good selection of channels.

What sets this apart from Harrah's RIncon down the street is that the Wi-Fi is free. Hotel is smaller and quiter. The buffet is 10 times better. AND they offer a free breakfast. And Harrah's has a horrible selection of channels.

I have to disagree with a previous poster that the breakfast buffet was like the cheap hotels that offer a free breakfast. Yes, it was a continental breakfast but it was top quality! The pastries, the bagels, the yogurt parfaits were better than any other hotel i stayed at. They also served cold cuts and free bottled water.

The hot water for the tea tasted like plain hot water and not like it had been used before for coffee. Great!

The morning i went was a little rainy so the breakfast room was a little crowded as no one wanted to eat outside by the pool.

They constantly replenished everything. However, i could not believe how much food and water bottles people took with them from the buffet, this was after they already ate. Oh well, not my business.

The views were nice and short walk from elevator even if you are at end of hallway, since this is a small hotel.

I wont offer any casino comments since this is supposed to be a hotel review.

Room Tip: I was in 621 which had a pool view. I liked it. At check in they may ask you if you want a high or l...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank californiadreamer99
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This casino has a lot of my favorite slots. That is why I keep coming back. What they are lacking in is guest service. Other casinos have reached the four diamond rating and some casinos are striving for better service. This casino does not have servers coming around asking if you want any drinks, they place the beverage bars around the casino and expect you to get it yourself.

When comparing this casino to the others in San Diego, the personal feel and touch needs to improve. Maybe have Lucky Lobster and the ladies on the floor more often and have team members smile more at guests. After all, no guests mean no casino.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Tim B
West Covina
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The rooms were much larger and more luxurious than I had expected. For that I am grateful. However the place has no(zero) signage to let you know where the check in desk is or when the buffett is open and how much it costs.

It was 15:30 and I was looking for lunch. Seeing a line at the buffett cashier I incorrectly assumed it was to eat at the buffett. Upon reaching the cashier, I plunked down my credit card and was charged $65.98 for two. WOW that's a lot of money. I was quite rudely told the line was only to purchase a dinner ticket not to get in to eat and that lunch was over. I wanted the charges to my credit card refunded and was once again rudely told that the manager was required for that and I will have to wait. When the manager did come, he filled out some paperwork for my credit, tossed it onto the counter in front of me without a word. and walked away. The food here is quite good and I have enjoyed the food here before, however I usually have a coupon for a free meal. My fault for not realizing the cost but there is no excuse for the help treating the customer in such a rude fashion. I'll be staying at Pala or Rincon in the future.

Room Tip: My room on the seventh floor overlooking the pool was stone quiet and very restful,.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 6 in Fallbrook
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Escondido Downtown
Harrah's Resort Southern California
Pechanga Resort and Casino

Been to Valley View Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!