“Great southern style cuisine”

Rocker Oysterfeller's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocker Oysterfeller's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013

First of all do order the rocker oysterfellers. They are the reason I love the place so much. Also, do hang out in their bar for cocktails.

I have eaten here quite a few times now. This last time we came for brunch. The oysters were delicious as usual. My chicken and waffles were awesome. My boyfriend got smoked salmon from their special octoberfest menu, which was very tasty. Always a good meal! And they run the little hotel there too which is a very cute place to stay.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed at the hotel last April but ate elsewhere. When we returned in the evening the smells from the bar were great so we came in and had a fantastic dessert. So this time, driving from San Francisco we decided to have a late lunch/early dinner there.
Service and ambience were great. Sit on the bar or at the 2 long tables in the front room , the inside was a bit dark for us for that moment.
The grilled oysters were fantastic and so was the green watercress salad. Amazing chocolate pie with salt and very very good sugar coated bagnats.
Very reasonably priced. We will return.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I wasn't really impressed. Food was OK and not cheap. Menu sounded better than the food tasted; not bad, just not memorable. Can't say much more than that, but wouldn't go out of my way to eat here.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We had been to this restaurant before a few years ago and wanted to try it again this time. On this Friday, avoiding the weekend crowds, we drove here from the East Bay. Unfortunately, we did not check the restaurant hours, and found out that it opens for lunch only on the weekend. So we decided to go on to River's End in Jenner for lunch and then come back here for dinner after it opens at 5 pm.

We ordered a half dozen of raw oysters from Tomales Bay and they were simply sweet and delicious, though a bit skinny and small. They were accompanied by a sauce which is sweet and lemony - not buttery.

For dinner, I ordered the 18-hour smoked brisket and my wife ordered the crab cakes appetizer for her entree. The crab cakes were excellent and did not have the usual mayonnaise taste and non-crab ingredients. Well done!

My brisket was very tender and smoky-flavored. Also very fatty. I like fatty brisket normally but this time (possibly because it was only 5:30pm and I had a big lunch) it was a bit too greasy for me. It was still very good, but the tradeoff between the long hours of smoking and the natural flavor of the beef was that the latter was somewhat lost. But then, on a day when I am hungry, it may taste different to me.

Wine is expensive here, but the oysters at $13 for half dozen, the crab cakes and the brisket were reasonable in price. Service was excellent and friendly.

I recommend this restaurant. The atmosphere is also romantic. I remember last time, we dined in the garden terrace and it was very nice too.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Being a 100+ degree day in Sonoma we decided to head towards the coast to cool off and enjoy some oysters. I had heard good things about Rocker's and we had seen the channel 9 TV show "Check Please" in which it received a very good response from the panel. It's a funky liitle place, as expected, with a large outdoor seating area. They seemed somewhat short staffed for our late (1:30) brunch, but the service did not suffer. The menu was somewhat limited, and everything on the menu except for the oyster appetizers was deep-fried...chicken, fish, prawns, and oysters. The oysters were great, we had 1/2 dozen raw 1/2 dozens of the "rockers". I had the Oyster Po'Boy, and my wife the beet, pecan, and goat cheese salad. The Po'Boy was very good, but the salad very disappointing...one pecan, a few slices of beets, and a small pad of goat cheese. I thought at $14.00 it may be large enough to split, it was too small for even a first course for one. The chef did come out and very nicely took it back to the kitchen and doctored it.
At that price it should had a shrimp or crab meat topping. He was quite apologetic and after our meal even offered to bring something else out. The reason for the expensive price...the high cost of the organic watercress. Not sure about that. If you're heading out to Valley Ford, maybe stick with oysters prepared 4 different ways, if you don't care for deep-fried foods, or go for dinner with a more diverse menu. I would actually give it a 3.5-3.75 rating for the sevice. ambience, and great oysters.