“Charming & Friendly”
Review of Valley Ford Hotel

Valley Ford Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Valley Ford
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We happened upon this hotel on accident and we're glad we did! Really cute, down to earth room with a great wooden deck with ample seating. Super friendly owner who stayed up late for us. We loved it and were sad we couldn't be there for Oysterpalooza!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 May 2014

What a lovely spot for two weary travelers! No distractions! Wonderful bedding! My "Keurig Away From Home" in the hallway!! If we had arrived earlier we would have sat on the porch for awhile. That was only regret......that we didn't have longer time to spend there!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol R
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I gave this a 5 star for me. It is not for the traveler who needs internet or phone service. But that is true of much of the coast.

The rooms are immaculate and decorated in accordance with a typical farm home. If you are there between Thurs to Sunday, you get to eat fabulous oyster dishes at the restaurant! There are 2 other restaurants within walking distance for other times. Both good.

The owner was remarkably responsive and helpful.

Room Tip: Sorry no room service. I couldn't un click.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Whitskid42
Reviewed 13 May 2014

While I enjoy historic hotels, I do expect modern conveniences - like a working shower - for $200/night. The hotel itself is an adorable old building and the very small rooms are comfortable. There is zero sound proofing so you will hear every snore next door or noise from the restaurant/bar below (which closes around 10pm). The tiny shower in our room had less than a "trickle" of water with only freezing water. When we tried to find someone to help us, there is no staff on location so we were unable to shower. The restaurant downstairs had super friendly service and good food but if you like personal hygiene or don't really want to hear every single sound from the near by rooms don't stay here!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My fiance and I stayed at the Valley Ford Hotel for a birthday weekend getaway, and it was AMAZING! We were so impressed with the friendly staff, clean rooms, quaint bar, and restaurant. This place was perfect! The restaurant and it's food was delicious!! The rooms were sooo clean (no tv was a good thing), smelt amazing, and it was the perfect temperature! My fiance and I have decided that we will have our wedding here, and use their catering as well. They have a BEAUTIFUL patio in the back, and a wonderful garden. I LOVE THIS PLACE!!

Things to remember:
1) If you want to eat at the restaurant, make sure to look at when it is open, and make a reservation!
2) Remember, there is no tv, so be prepared for a none to low service tech getaway. It's still soo much fun!
3) Check In at the bar, and if you arrive late, your key will be in an envelope at the front.
4) I'm a heavy sleeper, but you may hear some noise from the bar.

AND the best part, was the continental breakfast on Saturday morning. EVERYTHING WAS DELICIOUS and homemade for sure! They use everything free-range, organic etc, so make sure you're a little open to that. But no worries, from someone who does not eat free range, healthy all the time, the food was still AMAZING!

PS: We went horseback riding with Bad Boy Cowboys (preplanned and paid) on Saturday-totally worth it!

I cannot express how wonderful our trip was. If you get the chance to stay at this retreat, please do! We totally recommend it!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 5. Clean, quiet, and smelt wonderful!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I would like to express how much we enjoyed our five day stay at the Valley Ford Hotel. In an earlier review I stated that I have been staying at this Hotel since before the turn of the century – well this will continue in this century. Shona and Brandon makes one feel welcome with every visit. They are wonderful hosts! The food at Rocker Osyterfellers (and the weekend Continental Breakfast – homemade scones!) is 2nd to none. So if you want to take a step back into time and just relax consider staying at the Valley Ford Hotel. We will continue to do so!

AFC

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I loved staying at Valley Ford Hotel. The location was perfect for access to everything in West Marin. The room was clean and cute and I slept soundly! There are a lot of thoughtful touches including the Keurig Coffee bar in the hall. My only regret is that I was there on a day when the restaurant/bar was not open. I will definitely come back to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
#1 of 1 in Tomales
Timber Cove Resort
Timber Cove Resort
#2 of 3 in Jenner

Been to Valley Ford Hotel? Share your experiences!