“Loved it !”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
San Diego, California
“Loved it !”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stopped by the hotel on our way to Death Valley. This was my first stay at this hotel chain. Not only is it affordable, the rooms are clean and the staff is very nice and friendly. We had two cars and had to leave one at the facility. We had planned to return in a day for the second car, but one thing led to another and we ended up staying at Death Valley longer than we had initially intended. The staff was very nice about it !
In the future, I definitely plan on staying at Red Roof Inn at other locations.
I recommend this hotel to anyone going to Victorville and will stay here again, any time I planto visit the city.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
i0218, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Victorville, responded to this review, 1 January 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Victorville! We appreciate all of your compliments on our hotel services and recommending our property. We are working on making some changes that we know you will enjoy, consider and decide to visit us again & again. We hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 29 December 2012

First stay OK, 2nd stay disappointing. Red Roof CAN do better.

1. When I made reservation I requested 1st floor room. Clerk said she would put that into the notes on the reservation. When I arrived I was assigned a 3rd floor room despite my comments.

2. When I got to room 333 it was necessary to wear jacket for at least an hour for the heater to overcome the extreme chill in the room.

3. Clock radio - it was impossible to set the time because the buttons didn't work. The desk clerk was unable or unwilling to assist me with a replacement.

4. one of the 3rd floor walkway lights was malfunctioning leaving a dark area between the elevator and my room.

5. Last, but not least, I decided to take stairs down to my car once or twice.On the 3rd floor landing of the north stairway nearest to room 333 there was dried barf all over the place. REALLY DISGUSTING.

I saw it on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday it was still there.

Like others have said, the towels are there, but very rough on my "old man" skin.

One good note, they have recently upgraded to DirectTV so lots of channels.

My feeling is that the property manager should walk the entire property at least once a day, taking notes to give to the proper staff.

Motel 6 would be cheaper, and closer to the family so I think I'll stay there next trip.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Charley Y
i0218, Manager at Red Roof Inn Victorville, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Thanks for sharing your concerns. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unfortunate inconvenience that did not meet your expectations during Christmas holidays. We are working on making some changes that we know you will enjoy, consider and decide to visit us again & again.

Travellers are raving about these Victorville hotels

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Once a month me and my lady rent a room just to get out the house and relax (mostly enjoy the quiet) but last month decisided spur of the moment to go here instead of the normal place do to a 30 dollar difference in price. The lady when I checked in was very nice (had asmall Conversation bout my jeep) check in was quick took less than 10 min to get my room ley and painless unlike most the time. She called 30 mins later to make sure the room was to my liking, or needed anything and offered help if I needed any info on the town amenities. The room was pretty clean no weird smells or random questionable objects bed was clean and even room had a real fridge and small freezer plus full kitchen including small stove. It was very quiet unlike other places were kids party all night with out any objection from staff. check out was crap thoe a different lady took for ever and had aditude but staying there again tomorrow so I'd recommend it if our just looking for a place to relax and hang out

• Stayed November 2012
i0218, Manager at Red Roof Inn Victorville, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Victorville Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.
I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

The staff was friendly. The hotel is conveniently located from shops and many places to eat. The room was super clean. Pet friendly hotel, which is always a plus. The only bad thing about this hotel chain is no breakfast but they have coffee. Very affordable.

• Stayed October 2012
i0218, Manager at Red Roof Inn Victorville, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to the Victorville area. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and your stay was one of comfort and satisfaction. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable and friendly service at a great price. Look forward to serving you again on your next visit to the area!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We recently had a vacation to California and we reserved a room, and as soon as we entered our room and smelled like urine, and smoke. It was the worst ever hotel I stayed at! There was also prostitution going on, it seemed like the front desk lady was involve and the co workers as well. It seemed like they had their own business going on. Some rooms had many animals in them and seemed like they live there. I do not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. I feel like authorities should be involve and stop this.

Room Tip: Please read the reviews before you make your reservation, I know sometimes the reviews are lies, but...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Elizabeth M
i0218, Manager at Red Roof Inn Victorville, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
First and foremost, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused to you by our pet friendly policy of the Red Roof Brand. Please know that we absolutely have awareness & do care for any illegal activity at our property and It is not true that our employee are involved in such activity. You did not give us much detail about your stay like room no. or date of staying with exact name registered here for the stay, and I could not find your stay at this hotel from your current profile on trip advisor.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2012

So on my journery in California we stopped off to rest for the night in Victorville CA we booked a room at the Red Roof Inn well lets just say the service the room everything was a disgusting disappointing experience.

We checked in late at night as we had been driving all day got to the room and it was beyond dirty the table and chairs had stains on them and when I pulled back the comforter it was covered in cigarette burns, I called the front desk and her response was "oh they must have taken the comforter from the smoking room" the sad thing is she wasnt shocked that this happend so she moved us to another room making us come to the front desk and get the new key with no help from her, we went to the new room and it was even worse not only were there cigarette burns again all over the beds but stains as well. I ended up sleeping in the desk chair with all my clothes on!! When i called the desk again she said there was nothing she could do that I could talk to the manager when they got in in the morning. So I did and he didnt offer anything or say anything to help so I called the head office and all they did was send me an email saying sorry!! nothing!! no offer to reimburse us or offer to speak to the location NOTHING it was the worst service I have ever recieved absoulty disgusting hotel

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Leslie P
, Manager at Red Roof Inn Victorville, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Dear Guest,
I was just checking my hotel reviews and I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We do care & offer nice rooms at reasonable rates. If you can please forward me more information on what room you stayed in I can investigate in detail to fix these issues.
Manager
Red Roof Inn, Victorville
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We'll never stay here again for sure!.... I don't want to leave this review to make some publicy to a other hotel, but last weekend we spent a night in Victorville. We found the room horrible in Red Roof! The room had a bad smell between cat urine and smoke of cigarttes! Everything is old! Towels are old as well. The mattress boxes we super dirty and beliave me!...I didn't have the courage of looking the mattress under the sheets. The walls are full of dirt and I saw red spots like there were blood! The carpet was a nightmare!! Nothing more discusting!!! Horrible experience!. I wish I would have tooken pictures to prove everything I'm saying. We had to stay for another night in Victorville because we had a conference in Ambassador hotel on sunday, so we stayed there. The rooms in Ambassador are much much much much much better and payed the diference of 5 dollars more!!!. The only thing we saw in Ambassasor is the people in Front desk is terrible, they need some training and Know that having a job is a blessing!!! ....And of course the biggest problem was in one of the meeting rooms the air condicioner does not work!!! So we literally burning. But if you want to spend a night and have a decent breakfast, Ambassador hotel is a good option.
So...to finish my review .....if you want to spent a horrible night...stay in Red Roof Inn...Oh! I forgot to mention that we stayed in the first floor and by 3 am we woke up for the loud cracking sounds from the room above.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business