See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 January 2016

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Our room was filthy, the phone was broken, the battery was missing from the smoke alarm, there were no blankets on the bed, just an old worn out, cigarette burned bed spread and when I asked for blankets the person at the front desk said sorry they didn't have any! We didn't even step in the shower the next morning because the bathroom was disgusting! The toilet seat was about to fall off, the faucet on the sink was about to fall off, the lights above the bed didn't work and the security lock on the door was broken! We would have left and gone somewhere else except everything in the area was booked up, which is why we stayed here in the first place. I wish I would have read the reviews before I made my reservation! I am writing this so maybe I can save another family from going through this nightmare!

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Shelly F
Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

The room was nasty. Not to mention that nasty chair that was in the room. I wanted to cry when I saw this room. The housekeepers need to be fired. There the ones who suppose to clean the rooms. The shower mat was filthy. Next time I'll sleep in my car then to stay in this trap.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie O
Reviewed 11 November 2015

I would of rather slept in my car or out in the desert. Room was in the back of the hotel. It was dirty, smelly and filthy. It looked like it was used as a hangout for the homeless people in the area,

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donnie R
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

I never thought in all my years of travelling that I would write a bad review. I have extensive hotel experience because of my field and never came across such disappointment.
Drove in from Las Vegas heading to Los Angeles this was an unexpected stay, we were tired and when I googled hotels near us, we recognized then name, stayed in your hotels across the country. Weve stayed in Columbus, Tucson, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Las Vegas, San Diego and Chicago Red Roofs, so we are familiar with your brand and in saying so we have come to expect a certain type of lodging. Disappointed and disgusted is an understatement for this hotel. Upon our arrival we literally had to wait outside lobby for 10 minutes even though the door sign reads lobby closes at 9pm, it was 745. Finally a lady appears and it literally took her 35 minutes to check in 2 people ahead of us. We asked for a non smoking room and we're given room 110. Glad to be on our way almost an hour after pulling in our room key didn't work. Walked back to office and again a 10 minute wait for her to return to front office. She gave me new keys and we were finally able to go in. This is where the nightmare begins... the room smelled of smoke and mold. We could hear water dripping in bathtub. When we tried to find lighting we had 1 very broken desk lamp that was sticky to touch. We opted to turn on box TV for lighting and remote didn't work. Using our phones for light to find phone to call front ofc to ask for another room. This is when I begin to lose patience. The phone must have rang 12 times before I hung up and tried again with another 8 rings before walking back through the dark corridor only to wait another 8 minutes for Stephanie to answer the service ringer along the window. She finally comes out I politely ask that we be moved and she says she has no more rooms. I ask for a refund and she says we have been in room for more than 10 minutes. WHAT?!!!! I explained that we had been trying to call her and rudely she said No refunds. I explained that we had not even sat on beds and asked that she come look at room herself and again she said No Refund. I asked if a manager was on site and she said she was the General Manager. Unbelievable. Now we are about 1 1/2 hours into this and haven't even unpacked. Feeling like this is some kind of hidden camara tv show... return to room and plan to sleep a few hours and continue on. My husband goes to use toilet and it appears to fill up, we call the front office again to wait, he decides to walk over and to my dismay returns 15 minutes later with a plunger. The woman told Jim that her maintenance person was asleep and that all she could do was give him a plunger. In AWE for words at this point. I called 1800 red roof to talk to someone and I was told customer service was closed at that time. The comforters had cigarette burns, tears, hair matted in onto the threads, we peeled comforter off and found stain and torn sheets, tried second bed only to find same. Thought of using clean towel to lay on and NO bath towels! Jim went back to get towels and came back with 1 pink and 1 stained handtowels. She claimed the linen closet was closed. Wow!!! Come daylight we were able to see the filthy walls, the room was in terrible disarray, missing outlets, mixmatched screws, tape on sprinkler, mixmatched beds, never got tv on. Needless to say we could not shower, the kind you'd man now working apologized for our experienced and told me that Mary was the GM and that she would be in at 8am. At 8:00 she arrived and like night and day she was apologetic and kind. We were confused and concerned to know that Stephanie had made a false claim. Had we not had such a terrible experience we would not be writing this. We talked the young woman's ear off and she was simply kind, emphatic and severely apologetic. She offered us a discount, which is not what we were fishing for. Just needed her to know. When we were finally driving off we saw her outside picking up thrash herself. Not clear what's going on at this hotel but changes have got to be made.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TreknAlong
Reviewed 12 October 2015

Where to start! Upon arrival, the night clerk took forever to come to counter, nearly10 minutes. Eventually got checked in, but not without static from the night clerk, Stephanie. Since I was paying in cash, she said $50 refundable deposit required, then accusingly says, if there is any damage or hint of smoke, there will be no refund of deposit. Geez, I get it. That's why I requested a NON smoking room so not sure. Got to room, very dingy, smelled moldy, lies in windows, dust everywhere and there was one set of towels-- only one. Called front desk to request another set of towels, front desk clerk, Stephanie, says the housekeeping quarters were locked and she didn't have key. ?? The toilet filled to brim when I went to use it, reluctantly I called front desk to inform of the toilet, she said she couldn't send anyone to fix it. I asked for another room. She said she didn't have any other rooms. ?? and that there weren't any refunds. I gave up and opted to watch T.V. OH NO, the remote didn't work, I asked for another one, she said there wasn't any. Absolutely NO help from Stephanie in making my now ruined night get any better. They need new night clerk, MORE towels! and working equipment in the room!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business