“Free wifi..bull! no water! filthy! Most horrible place ever!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victorville
Shady Oasis Kampground
El Paso, Texas
“Free wifi..bull! no water! filthy! Most horrible place ever!!!”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I spent almost two month of hell at that place. No internet even our own would not work. Never had water. There is junk and crap everywhere. Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had anywhere and so glad I am never going to go back!!! The laundry room, store and everything closes at 7pm....I guess that is ok if you don't have to work for a living. Some people need to be able to do laundry at night. Don't go there unless you want your tires popped by something or you want to be in HELL!!

Room Tip: Go to a super 8 and get better service!!!! Go anywhere but there!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank veryunhappyinvictorv
ShadyOasisKampground, Clerk at Shady Oasis Kampground, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I'm sorry your experience was so bad. As far as your water- our park has never had water shut off for more than a day ever, to my knowledge. The manager read your review and remembers that the water problem had to do with your RV's hookups, and was not on our end of things. On the issue of the Wi-Fi - we have a limited range of Wi-Fi in our park and we always let folks know when they move into the back that they may not be able to receive the Wi-Fi signal, but that if they have a laptop or mobile device, they are welcome to come to an area where they can receive a signal. This may be inconvenient at times, but as it is free, you have to give us a little understanding there. I'm not sure about any problems with "trash everywhere" but we do our best to keep the park and buildings clean and tidy. Campers are always welcome to let us know where we can improve, or where there is an area that needs to be cleared of trash or tumbleweeds. Again, I'm sorry for your rough stay with us.

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 9 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed here because if location. Staff was nice. Husband worked the next day so I thought I'd go for a walk. I was afraid as the residents looked scary. One guy in a blue pickup drove thru so fast flinging dirt as I was walking. Then watched him throwing trash in his yard. He stumbled around like he drank his breakfast. I made it twice around before I locked myself in. Didn't even feel safe sitting outside. Everything is run down. Need some upkeep done. Get rid of trash around residents trailers and have respect for your RV park. Little cleanup would be nice and get rid if abandoned trailers. Too much garbage everywhere. Won't be back.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Nrgyxtra
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 September 2012

i walked my dog headed south towards the mojave river in the shady oasis kampground quickly noticed signs reading permanent residence ONLY BEYOND THIS POINT their rv's sewage hoses were dispensing human waste directly into the dirt hoses buried with dirt but what they were doing was bluntly obvious and disgusting ,okay my cabin was about 100 yards away ,WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE RUNNING THIS KAMP/PERMANENT TRAILER PARK /HOBO TOWN homeless people are living in tents and rv's all around shady oasis and all along the mojave river right off the 15 fwy heading north and south you can see the tents and rv's along the river....i thought maybe we should leave but i was to tired to drive later that night a group of about 20 or more got there and got 2 cabins and set up about 5 tents the scary part was that once again they were also family of the staff who run the shady oasis kampground ....lots of booze,confederate flags,ugly stares,loud rock music,tons of cigaretts,plenty of foul language,pot smoking in the night i was now in fear just trying to sleep didnt want to complain cause i knew these people were related to the staff at the kampground.. ''momma did'nt raise no fool'' but i barely shut my eyes as soon as the sun came up me and family packed up and took that was my experience at the shady oasis kampground victorville california...,scary...its 2012 but its out there.FAMILYS STAY AWAY PLEASE

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank concerned310

Travellers are raving about these Victorville hotels

Maywood
Reviewed 2 September 2012

koa's are great,shady oasis this place is something out of deliverence we got there and after a day of riding dirtbikes we rented one of their four person cabins we grilled and were enjoying ourselves but as the afternoon persists things started to change ,a couple of red flags had been in my mind as soon as we got there first of all when we first got there it seemed like all the staff was related by one form or another everyone had tattos and a couple of Confederate flags caught my eye ok, no big deal right...then everyone seemed to be in a bad mood very rude and no kindness was felt kinda gave me the creeps they had family members permanently live on the campground in trailers

Room Tip: cabins are nice
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank an0nym0us0ne
Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Shady Oasis Kampground over the Memorial Day holiday. We chose this campground because of location...was the closest to the softball fields where our granddaughter was playing. When we checked in I asked if our three family members, who were staying in a hotel, could come to our trailer for a meal. Was told I would need to pay $5 a person for them to enter the campground because they were having "entertainment". This was a shock to me as it is only $3 a person for staying overnight in our unit. When I pointed this out, the lady said "well just come in and tell us they are staying the night". FYI.....family decided not to come over. We spent time with them elsewhere. The person checking us in required us to wear amusement park wrist bands for our entire stay (how uncomfortable and annoying).As former campground owners, we know the hard work it takes to maintain the facilities...after our busy season we always repaired, replaced and repainted. I should have listened to Terrible's review as the same moldy, torn shower curtains that were there in November were still in the bathrooms. In the women's restroom only one shower had a door. The others had the nasty torn shower curtain like those in the showers themselves. The one thing that was really good was instant hot water.....UNTIL THE LAST MORNING of our stay. I went to the restroom about 9:30am and found the door locked. The lady on duty was standing in the office doorway and saw me walk past with my towel yet did not tell me I would need a code so I had to walk back and ask for it. When I prepared to step into the shower discovered that the nice instant hot water was now barely warm. Let it run for a few minutes....when it did not get any warmer I had to dress and go to the office. When I said there was no hot water, a man came up to check it out. THE HOT WATER HEATER HAD BEEN TURNED DOWN TO WARM! I took a quick cold shower. Our Good Sam Card was not honored "because it was a holiday weekend. ". When I asked for the discount on Monday night was told that was part of the holiday even though the lady had just said there would not be many campers after the holiday and we would have peace and quiet our last night. We enjoyed the many hummingbirds around the campground but will not stay at Shady Oasis again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wanda C
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My name is Betty , I'm from Los Angeles Calif, My brother Lou and his Family have been here before and they invited be to tag along this Momerial Day , witch was my first time there, i was so happy i went , the experance i had could not be expressed enough, the people were no polite , nice and respectful, joyfull , the camp site is very clean , i enjoyed the entertainment the d,j ,swinning pool, riding bikes, thank you for such a peaceful place i will most definitley be returning with other family members. Thank you for such house potality, keep up the good work, and keep putting smiles on peoples faces,,, Thank you Ayala,Menchaca Family,

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank betty a
Yucca Valley, California
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We have stayed here three times in the last 2 months. Two times in the cute air-conditioned cabins and once in a tent site. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definately be back soon!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family