“Customer service is a lost art”

Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
Reviewed 29 July 2014

When I called the hotel to make a reservation I was forwarded twice and then the staff that finally did take my call fumbled with taking my reservation on a company credit card. They lost my company credit card verification and had to charge my personal card. The internet connection did not work. The noise through the door of the adjoining room left me feeling I had no privacy. When I inquired about the location of the conference room the staff merely pointed to a back door and seemed irritated that I asked.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kristal S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Victorville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Liam,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we apologize for the error with your credit card. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Kind Regards,
Kirstal Salazar

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very good hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean as well as the bathroom. There is a buffet breakfast at an extra charge but reasonable. Bed was a bit aged as is was sunk' in the middle. Location in Victorville was convenient.

1  Thank Kelly C
Kristal S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Victorville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Kelly, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed our made to order breakfast. I will let our staff know about your comments as well as they will appreciate hearing them. We appreciate your business and loyalty and if there is ever anything we can do to be at your service, please let us know.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We actually stayed here twice during our 2 week trip to California. The place is very clean the staff is mostly nice & friendly. Most days we had the pool to ourselves. We had our grandchildren with us & they loved the pool which was clean & refreshing...the air temperature was over 100 & the pool water was old until you got adjusted to it. They must pump cold water into the pool to keep it refreshing!
We had 2 different types of rooms each visit. The Junior Suite was very reasonable & great with the 2 kids who could watch tv or play their games without bother.
The major problem with both rooms was noise! Especially in the Junior suite. We were on the 2nd floor & it sounded like elephants had taken residence on the 3rd floor.
There is breakfast offered for cost. You could have fresh cooked eggs bacon ham sausage or rubbery cooked waffles. Plus a mini buffet of oatmeal cold cereal yogurt fruit breads. Coffee & juice are plentiful.
Lunch is not offered.
It seems that they lower the A/C at night probably for energy conservation so it can be warm at night & the windows don't open.
We stayed 7 days in total between the 2 rooms.
I would definitely stay there again if we were back in that area.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kristal S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Victorville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Mary,

Thank you for your wonderful comments! I am glad you were able to enjoy the swimming pool with your grand kids and the made to order breakfast. We appreciate your business and loyalty and if there is ever anything we can do to be at your service, please let us know.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Very quiet setting and close to many eating places. Staff are friendly and breakfast at the hotel is great. Have stayed here 6 times over the years. Room location requests have always been honored. Drinks at the hotel bar are priced reasonable and the atmosphere is lively.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your wonderful comments! I am glad you continually visit our property while in Victorville. We appreciated your comments about our staff and our made to order breakfast. Your loyalty is very important to us and we are all looking forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Clean rooms, friendly staff, decent food. But beware of squeaky floors!!! This property had very good access to I-15, stores, and foods. There was a noticeable presence of Security on the grounds, nice touch. I will stay here again, however will be quick to change rooms if structure noises are evident. Good Luck.

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are glad you found our hotel to your liking and found quick access to shopping and food. We appreciate your business and if there is ever anything we can do to be at your service, please let us know.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

After a long drive through the Mojave dessert, it was nice to bed down at the clean Hilton Garden Inn in Victorville, CA. It's nothing special or unique, just your run of the mill HGI in a safe, albeit confusing to get to, location right on the highway. Despite the proximity to the highway, the room was quiet and also very clean and well appointed. If you need a place to stay in Victorville and can get a good rate, stay at the HGI.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kristal S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Victorville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for selecting our hotel while in Victorville! I am glad our hotel met your expectations we pride ourselves on cleanliness. The new Nisquali on ramp near our hotel is also a fast and easy way to get our property. We appreciate your business and loyalty and if there is ever anything we can do to be at your service, please let us know.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Victorville Ca and I can't say enough good things about there helpful and friendly staff and nice enjoyable hotel accommodations!
When arriving to the hotel I have small child who's in her 2 year's old stage of life (enough said) so my hands were quite full with her let alone carrying in all of our bags. The gentlemen at the font hurried over to help out and to get my things to my room. While standing there doing my check inn Lisett (pretty lady at the font desk) was so very sweet to my daughter, even got her a little bag of gold fish which she loved! Through out our three day stay at the Hilton Garden Inn the staff remember my daughter and I by name, were so friendly! Even recommend a sushi restaurant and it was wonderful!
Our Room was very nice clean. Maid service every day and even left and few extra towels for my guest that came over during the day to use the pool with us it very nice a refreshing.
If you are looking for a place to stay in the high desert and like 5 star treat then I would defiantly recommend and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Victorville CA every time!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Kristal S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Victorville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Jadie, Thank you for your outstanding review and our team was so excited to see your comments. We are glad your found our staff and the property to your liking. We appreciate your business and loyalty and if there is ever anything we can do to be at your service, please let us know.

Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Victorville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville
#3 of 19 in Victorville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hesperia Victorville
Green Tree Inn & Extended Stay Suites
Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Victorville? Share your experiences!