“The First Time Tripadvisor Let Me Down”

Travel Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My wife and I drove a long way and I was exhausted and needed to sleep and had viewed that this was the top ranked hotel in Victorville. This hotel is in a sketchy part of town, but here is what I ran into. First we drove past it. The lights to the sign was out that night I guess because they had guys doing some construction work at 8pm. There was a guy out front and nobody working the front desk so we asked him if they had rooms and if everything was working. He said it was. He wouldn't honor the AAA rate on his website but it was only a few bucks more and I needed sleep. As I was paying that night I signed the credit card receipt for the room charges (most places do this when you check out) then he had run my credit card on another receipt and had me sign that with no amount on it. It took a second for the brain to click in after driving, but then I realized I has signed a blank credit card receipt and the warning bells went off. He told me that it was for incidentals. I asked him to put zeroes in the amount section and wished already that I had not come there. I asked him when the continental breakfast was and he said it would be closed tomorrow due to the construction. I asked him about the pool since the lights were off and he said I could jump the fence. I thought he was kidding, but the pool was locked. On a good note the room was clean. Happy to leave and see my car was there in the morning undisturbed. I checked my online credit card account each day to see there wasn't any extra charges and thank goodness there wasn't. Pass on this place folks!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank araceli S
gmtravelinn, Guest Relations Manager at Travel Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

First and foremost I would like to apologize for any inconveniences occurred. To conclude your car was safe, your belongings were safe, and pool hours are 11am-8pm. The pool door lock wasn't broken, it was locked for the safety of our other guests. We try to keep noise levels down by not allowing pool guests in the pool after certain hours. The neighborhood consists of several restaurants, car wash, Dr. William SUVALS OFFICE, and Tire Shop. The AAA rate can only be honored if you have a AAA Card.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have stayed at the Travel Inn when I went to Victorville for a business trip. The rooms are very comfortable and of a good size. They are very nice to all of the guests that are there as well. Great Service. The rooms are also very safe and comforting for an exterior corridor property. I was happy to have fax service as well. My boss needed daily faxes sent. The complimentary fax service was great too. The hotel is located in a nice place too. I mean it's Victorville, so basically all hotels are either located next to a strip mall or the Noisy freeway. The bed was comfortable and the decor was nice as well. For $49, I can't complain.

Room Tip: Every room seems perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was visiting Southern California and attending my cousins wedding in Newport Beach. After the wedding, we were on our way to Vegas, so we stopped in Victorville. We were on a budget after spending $450 at a resort for the wedding. The place was around $50. Amazing rooms, lavish comforts, and a swimming pool. The location was great as well. We walked to the donut shop across the street. Our kids played in the garden area as well. I like the service and amenities offered. We even had a fridge for the baby's milk.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and quiter
Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We came here while they were going through renovations, so the complimentary breakfast had been cancelled. So I can't speak to that. The room was small, but it was very clean, and the furnishings were very nice and up to date. The biggest issue is that there is absolutely nothing to do in the immediate area, unless you want to visit pawn shops or liquor stores. This is no fault of the hotel itself. I am sure that it was there before the neighborhood went south. But we definitely felt better after hitting the road, despite how nice the hotel itself was.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Islandbruin
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Hi I came to Victorville when I arrived for an extended stay at Desert Valley Medical. I had to stay there for 2 months, and as a medical student from India I was on a very tight budget. This place is very nice and with great amenities. It is close to the bus routes. The staff is very nice and attentive to the needs of their guests. I will always remember my first home in the USA. I am returning next year. Being a foreign student, I am very happy and felt very same coming from the hospital at 2am every night. See you soon..............

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I am very satisfied with Travel Inn and they are very co-operative and assist customer very well. I loved to stay there. The environment is very neat and tidy. Though the hotel is well-staffed and clean, our two rooms on the 5th floor were stifling.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sanjay K
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at the Travel Inn & Suites based upon reviews on Trip Advisor. The Travel Inn is a bit off of the interstate and I was just a bit apprehensive when I drove in the parking lot. I think this motel is a family owned/operated, as they seemed really involved in everything. When you just look at the exterior, you don't see what you are getting for your money. The rooms (at least the one I had) was almost elegant. Very nicely furnished with lots of pillows on the bed, nice bathroom tiling and bathroom fixtures, very quiet, and extremely quiet. I had a wonderful stay and felt that the price (about $59) was a bargain. I will definitely put this one down as a place to return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family