“Dated and comfortable”

Green Tree Inn & Extended Stay Suites
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The lobby and bar haven't been updated since the 70's, but it's kind of neat, like living history. The room was also dated, but not in a bad way. It was very spacious, everything worked, and the hot water was instant. I travel quite a bit and always have trouble sleeping in motels, no matter what. This place was the exception, I slept great all week and woke up refreshed.

All in all, it was a nice stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the property was nice and I will definitely stay here again. The 70's decor is retro and cool. The prices are great. I didn't have time to check it out, but I was told by another guest that Thursday karaoke is a blast. I'll check it out next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mpas7

Reviewed 7 August 2011

For a last minute port in a storm this was a find. The place is old but clean. Our sliding class door faced the golfers. We had a living room & kitchen. Bed was ok but small because we had 3 people & 2 beds. The hotel staff was friendly but the service in the restaurant was poor. They did give us 2 free breakfasts that were adequate.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank squeekypb
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Who would have thought - Victorville? We got the 2nd floor NS Suite w/King. Huge two room suite with a full kitchen, two TV's overlooking the golf course, great bed, with a really cool 50's style restaurant across the street. $80 bucks! We had stayed the previous night at The Dana on Mission Bay, for $235. in a noisty ridiculous room that didn't even come up to a motel 6 in comfort. Very refreshing to have found this place.
WillandKate

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank WillandKate_11
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I used to be a local and moved out of the area for some time. During my time away...I heard my beloved Green Tree Inn went belly up and eas bank owned. I have now found out that a new caring owner has purchased this property and plans to bring it back to its original wonderfulstandard. I stayed last week and was very impressed with the entire hotel. I enjoyed dinner in their fine dining restaurant the Crown n Sword...and danced to a live band in the lounge...i am so grateful to say...the Green Tree Inn is BACK!

• Stayed: June 2010
3  Thank CSprissyme
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I stayed here on the very last night of my Route 66 road trip from Chicago to L.A. I had first planned to spend the night in Barstow, but when I got there I decided I didn't want to spend Friday night there. Arriving in Victorville on Route 66 was very depressing. I started looking for a good place for the night, and the search was looking very hopeless.

Then, right before getting to the Interstate, I spot the Quality Inn and drive up to the front desk. Not only did they have rooms available, but the very nice cashier gave me a large suite at a discounted price. She really didn't have to do that, and I ended up having a awesome room for the night!! The Free Breakfast that comes with the room was nothing to write home about, but it was free - and I was glad to have a nice place to stay in Victorville before driving home to L.A.

All in all, a great way to spend my last night on the road!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank paulhogarth
Reviewed 26 February 2011

First off the town of Victorville has limited hotel options and the quality inn (now green tree) was our only option due to sold out hotels. I'm sure the place was very nice in the 70's, but it has surpassed its hayday and is in desperate need of renovations. Both of the suites had mold in the bathroom, a disgusting amount I might add. The room next to mine had a boarded up window (wonder what happened) and upon walking in my bathroom aside from the mold I found someone else's trash in the can. Nice touch! Flaking paint on the walls and primer touchup made this place primed and ready to be in the next horror movie. The hotel bar is closed due to renovations, and the bar across the street was closed as well due to a recent murder. The staff was friendly.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Falcondriver20
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We stayed here for one night (unfortunately) on route to Las Vegas. We were a party of 4 couples and wanted something decent and clean and found this hotel by accident after declining a rathe shabby and run down Days Inn motel about a mile away. The receception staff were very courteous and friendly and we were able to check in early, and we got a good rate!

The rooms were spacious, clean, nicely decorated and well equipped with everything we needed. We had a king bed, sofa, desk and chair, plus a table and 2 dining chairs for eating on, fridge, tea & coffee making facilities and a good size bathroom. The rooms were probably some of the nicest among the motel/budget hotels we stayed in during our two week stay in California.

We were told we could use the golf club facilities next door so went there for lunch and again for a superb dinner, During the afternoon the men played a round a golf and the ladies stayed by the pool. The pool area and grounds were well looked after and no signs of litter.

The inclusive hot breakfast the next morning was served in the diner and was perfectly adequate with a selection of foods and plenty of coffee.

Overall, a lovely hotel but due to it's location I don't think it gets a lot of passing trade, which is a shame.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank mjacobsbros
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victorville
Holiday Inn Victorville
Hotel Extended Studio
Hotel Extended Studio
#9 of 19 in Victorville
Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia

Been to Green Tree Inn & Extended Stay Suites? Share your experiences!