“A Rendezvous to the Best Place in Town”

Green Tree Inn & Extended Stay Suites
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I recently traveled to the Green Tree Inn and I felt I HAD to log on and review this hotel. I stayed here with my sister because we were visiting family in town and decided to get a room at the hotel she got married in, years ago. Not to mention its right off the freeway* We checked out a Suite with 2 Double Beds, facing the golf course! Upon arrival we were greeted by the nicest staff. We were not sure about pricing or other things since we had stayed here last. The front desk associate assisted us in every aspect we had questions about, in a timely manner, and checked us into the cutest, coziest, suite. There was not only a bedroom and living room but also a cute little kitchen and refrigerator. I mean you can not beat it for the price!! We had no problems with this hotel room, & whenever we had a question we simply called front desk and all of our needs were taken care of. We also decided to check out the restaurant and bar during the weekend. We were surprised to find a live band and It was fun, service was great. Plus, all we had to do was walk back to hotel room at the end of the night :) I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Victorville. A++

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Built about 1963. Yes. It's old. Yes. It looks like it WAS built in 1963. SO WHAT? It's a cool hotel. The pool looks like the Rat Pack hung out there back in the day and so does the lounge. The lounge has live music on the weekends and serves a mighty fine martini. The rooms are okay for what you pay and they are clean. Ask for a golf course side room. Much quieter than the freeway side. The have two places to eat. The coffee shop, which is an honest to GOD coffee shop with plush booths and a counter with swivel seats. The burgers are great and so are the sandwiches. Cheap and really good food! You can't get cooler than that. OH, wait...yes you CAN! The Crown & Sword restaurant. Steaks, sea food, chops... old school style place. Leather booths and dim lighting. Is that lady in the corner booth wearing a Bee-Hive? I can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Scott R
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We had just flown in to LAX after along 11 hour flight. Was driving from LAX to Las Vegas. Used the hotel as a quick stop over to charge the batteries. We just walked in and got a room. The lady at reception gave us one at the back of the first building because it was quiet. Car parking not an issue. The room had two queen beds. TV , coffee maker, iron and ironing board and hairdryer. They also provided free wIfi. There were plenty of towels and toiletries were provided. The swimming pool was just across from our room although we didn't use it. Breakfast is served to 9 am we got there a few minutes later and it had all be cleared away. Apparently it is a hot breakfast. It's a pity we were not given the times. It's close to the freeway for easy access.

Room Tip: Great if you need to stop whilst travelling from LAX to Las Vegas
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BorntocruiseUK
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Like some other reviewers, I was in Victorville for the Route 66 Festival and stayed here because it was the host hotel. The hotel was admittedly stressed by both the number of visitors and the 100+ degree temperatures. Some sort of central HVAC served the majority of standard rooms and cooling there was marginal or worse. The higher priced suites had individual HVAC and fared much better. Pickings got slim quickly and, with the best rooms not being all that great, the worst rooms really were all that bad.

My experience was in the middle of the range and may have been typical. My room was clean and comfortable with no noticeable damage but the AC was nearly non-existent. It cooled off at night to allow sleeping but the room would have been extremely uncomfortable if I'd spent much time there during the day.There were rumors of ongoing and planned improvements so maybe things will get better.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2012

There were a number of visitors to the Green Tree Inn the weekend of August 9-12 for the annual Route 66 festival. The two-room suite we had was very good, neat and clean, and everything worked. The property obviously isn't brand new but if I had wanted new I could have gone to a chain motel down the street. On the other hand many other visitors that weekend experienced terrible room conditions, particularly non-functioning air conditioning during their stay, with many choosing to stay at other places in town. To make up for the less than spectacular conditions the Green Tree did provide a complimentary buffet breakfast each morning. It was nothing special but it was adequate and filling.

Room Tip: Ask to inspect the room before checking in.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I rated this property as terrible because Trip Advisor had nothing lower. To say this was a dump would be an insult to landfills. While checking in I overhead not one but two customers complain about their room and that they had each been moved several times. The room we were assigned - 224 - literally had a fist sized hole, covered in mold, in the bathroom wall where a pipe had been repaired. The tissue dispenser was hanging from the wall. They did provide a full refund.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank AdventurerJim
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The lobby and bar haven't been updated since the 70's, but it's kind of neat, like living history. The room was also dated, but not in a bad way. It was very spacious, everything worked, and the hot water was instant. I travel quite a bit and always have trouble sleeping in motels, no matter what. This place was the exception, I slept great all week and woke up refreshed.

All in all, it was a nice stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the property was nice and I will definitely stay here again. The 70's decor is retro and cool. The prices are great. I didn't have time to check it out, but I was told by another guest that Thursday karaoke is a blast. I'll check it out next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business