“Nice hotel but unfortunately stayed too short”
Review of Lamp Liter Inn

Lamp Liter Inn
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed at Lamp Liter Inn for only one night, arriving late and departing early. This was a bit unfortunate, as it appeared to be a nice place. It has a nice courtyard and the swimming pool was enjoyable too. The room was nice, having two good beds and an okay bathroom.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed for a night in this hotel before going to Sequoia National Park. The room was big and comfortable though the place is a bit old but is clean and well maintained. Breakfast was ok and the staff are pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sea_Nymph77
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I was very skeptical about staying in a non chain motel....I was pleasently surprised with this gem Front desk clerk very nice we had a garden room and it was beautiful opened up to the gardens which were amazing very relaxing and confortable..Ate breakfast in the restaurant it was good as well good service and pleasent staff I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: choose a garden room a little bit more in price but worth it
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peterpanjaffray
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My family and I stayed here recently on our trip through California. The staff (those we spoke to on the phone, front desk, housekeeping, and restaurant) were all very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, well-maintained, and comfortable. The grounds are very well maintained and provide a very pleasant, relaxing atmosphere. The pool was great after a full day of hiking in Sequoia National Park.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Matt M
jan l, Manager at Lamp Liter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you so much for your comments it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

The King rooms overlooking the garden and pool are clean and comfortable. As we were hiking in King's Canyon we had a parcel of dehydrated food sent to us at the hotel to pick up on arrival. When I called a few days before to find out if it had arrived the staff couldn't find it. After calling the sender and obtaining the name of the person who had signed for it, they eventually found it. We went on a first hike and left some things behind in the same box. A week later, they again didn't have a clue what had happened to it and were at complete loss as to what to do, complete lack of initiative. One of the manager eventually found it. We had breakfast there, not very good. My pancake was horribly sweet and tasted of something straight out of a packet; the hash brown wasn't cooked properly. Dinner was quite good but the service was very slow, despite the fact they weren't many customers.

Room Tip: The rooms furthest away from reception are the quietest. The king rooms overlooking the garden and p...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

We appreciate the time you took to submit this review . The Lamp Liter does have a shipping and receiving and we did have your parcel logged in as received however it was a bit difficult in locating your parcel but of course we did locate it. To say there was no "initiative" I must disagree as I was at the front desk when they received your call and we made every effort to locate the parcel and did so within a reasonable amount of time. I regret you were not happy with your food at our Grill. Perhaps eating rich food after a diet of dehydrated food was to much of an undertaking but I digress. I thank you again for your review and for your patronage.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I recently stayed here at the Lamp Liter, and totally enjoyed my visit! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We really enjoyed the grounds, they were beautifully maintained! The food on site was also very good! We enjoyed an afternoon at the very clean pool, it was peaceful and relaxing. I would highly recommend this location to my friends and family

Room Tip: I always request rooms away from the main road!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank babzspark
Reviewed 1 August 2013

For anyone looking for a relaxing and meticulously landscaped getaway, Lamp Liter Inn in Visalia California is your bet! From the moment you arrive you are treated like family. There is never any rush, just total comfort and relaxation. Lamp Liter Inn also offers complete and beautiful banquet accommodations with a darling restaurant, delicious choice of food and first class customer service.

Room Tip: All rooms are very fabulous. I like the rooms closest to the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends