“Excelent Balance - Money & Services”

Fairfield Inn Visalia Sequoia
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We were on a trip to Sequoia and we found in one of those routes books the Hotel cupon. As is was from Marriots we decided to come. Once here we found it was not only a great deal, but also has beautifull rooms, the lady that recived us in the reception was amazing, and the best of all, you feel in a 4 star hotel for the money of a motel.

By the way, the indoor swiming pool is not as warm as you would like it, but still great!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank FacundoBsAs
Molly B, Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia Sequoia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay and that the hotel and staff lived up to their Marriott Promises.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Visalia Sequoia

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Clean room, polite staff, both a plus. On the down side, yes they do have thin walls but, we must have had quiet neighbors because that wasn't a problem. The housekeeping staff was very noisy leaning all her supplies up against my door waking me up each morning. Regardless, I would stay there again if I needed to because its clean. I would bring my own soap next time though;) the toiletries are slim to none and cheap. I was surprised at that. It's one of those things you take for granted. If you use the soap you will need lotion which they do not provide. The breakfast is typical of most complimentary breakfasts. It's a clean dining room though so that goes a long way with me. I was kind of offended though. We stayed during a special event which meant that we paid a fortune for the room. More than the maximum allowed on the posted rates. So....the day after the event when everything was getting back to normal, out came fresh strawberries and blueberries for the waffles! What's up with that? I would have been thrilled to have that everyday. Plus side, they do have raisins and walnuts for oatmeal. I love that! Linens and beds standard not plush. I'm guessing Fairfield Inns are bottom line for Marriott. No gym not even a treadmill. Currently no more hot tub. Not really suites, microwaves and refrigerators are not in most rooms.

Room Tip: If you want a frig. ask ahead of time they don't come standard.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Molly B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia Sequoia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear Teresa H.
We appreciate your comments and I will review with my Housekeeping department regarding set ups in the morning around guest rooms. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate your business during the Special event of the World Ag Expo and hope you enjoyed the event.
Molly Bambl, GM

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We traveled to Visalia, CA for a 1-night trip from the San Francisco Bay Area. It was a bereavement trip so was unexpected. Normally, as Marriott owners, we stay at the Visalia Marriott which we would rate very high. But for this weekend we booked 2 rooms to accommodate another relative. We had stayed at the Fairfield several years back and we haven't stayed at Fairfield since then because we always remember how thin the walls were. That is what previous reviewers are commenting on. For this trip, we knew we would be gone most of the day/night so we simply brought our ear plugs and "geared" up.

The employees were excellent: from the front desk to the complimentary breakfast hostess. The room was very clean. We did face the front of the hotel (parking lot etc.) and our guests which had the other room faced the back. Hey, this is really a utility hotel so it will not have any resort views LOL!!! And we didn't expect any. The bottom line, is that if you need a room because you are at a sports tournament, or a quick turnaround trip, the Fairfield is great. It is nicely located and as previous reviewers have said, there is a Denny's on the same parking lot property and several other nearby eating places.

Once we put our ear plugs in, we were fine throughout the night. This was a Friday night so, of course, the rebel rousers were out. But we did fine.

Prior to putting in the earplugs, yes, the walls are very thin and Fairfield would actually do well to add some insulation to the walls--they do need it. But for the price paid, which included complimentary wi-fi and breakfast, you couldn't beat the price.

The downtown Marriott charges for wi-fi and there is not complimentary breakfast.

Bottom line is that this was nicely located, it was sufficient for our needs, had free wi-fi, a complimentary breakfast--which was adequate--bananas, yogurt, juices (we had no orange juice policing officer as previous mentioned--and if I was running out of OJ, I probably would have tried to conserve as much as I could for other customers as well i.e. previous reviewer), standard complimentary breakfast waffles, microwavable Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, milk, cereals etc.

It did have an indoor heated swimming pool and a small fitness center and lots of free parking.

We rated it a three because it really is a utility hotel and we reserve 4s and 5s for higher end hotels. But the Fairfield will fit most of your needs well. We will stay there again in the future since we have relatives there. Because of this experience and the price, we will stay here in the future and reserve the downtown Marriott hotel for more special occasions or if we feel we need a real nice and quiet getaway in the area.

Room Tip: We like the top floor. If you want some greenery choose the back of the hotel. You don't get a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Molly B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia Sequoia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Dear JnKMM
I just wanted to thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear you did not have any negative experiences while you and your family were here. I hope next time you stay it will be under better conditions. We wish your family well!

Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel 3 years ago while visiting family. This time, we were on the road for over 12 hours when we arrived for a multi-day stay. Despite everyone in my family being exhausted when we arrived, we had a miserable night's sleep due to the noise. My daughter commented on the fact that she could clearly hear car doors closing and we were on the third floor. What made matters even worse is the room was not adequately clean. As we loaded up the refrigerator we noted that it had a layer of dust on the fridge and the microwave. Finally, to the left of the shower head were a bunch of brown stains on the upper wall. Had we not been so tired we would have left that night but checked out first thing in the morning. Sad thing is that despite our having a multi-day reservation, when I told the clerk we were leaving, she never inquired as to why. I guess I should have told her our reasons for leaving but I figured if she didn't care, we would simply move on.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kenny M
Molly B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia Sequoia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Dear Kenny M.

We are so sorry we did not keep our promises to you and your family. I will pass along your comments to the hotel staff and make corrections as needed. We appreciate your comments and do hope that in the future you may give us another chance to provide you with great service and a great room!

Molly Bambl

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Excellent check in service and room ready when we arrived about 2:00pm. Daily room cleaning was punctual and very good Room was nice but some of the room furniture is in need of replacement. Breakfast seems to be less than a few years ago. Overall OK but not excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Molly B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia Sequoia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Bill and Kathy

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you business here in Visalia and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 December 2012

About what you expect from a moderate priced chain hotel. Fast, pleasant check-in. Free cookie. Continental breakfast was above average. Clean room, nothing fancy. Pool. No exercise room, but they gave us a free pass to a nice exercise facility down the street. I would stay here again. There is a Denney's and Pizza Hut next door and an Applebee's across the street.

Room Tip: Ice machine is on the first floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Molly B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Visalia Sequoia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear Rhonda
We appreciate your business and feedback. I am sorry we do not have a gym on site but do hope you were able to use one of our free passes to Life Styles. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 November 2012

The best thing about this hotel is the Denny's next door. I am sure this was a really nice hotel 20 years ago. Not up to Marriott standards and not deserving of its AAA rating. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. First room smelled of smoke and looked like it had not been cleaned...wrinkled beds and missing towels. Second room had no mini-fridge and the air conditioning did not work. Third room was better but had a torn shower curtain and a big stain on the carpet. Beds were like hammocks. Staff was NOT helpful or pleasant. The lady monitoring the breakfast was rationing waffles and orange juice...she actually told us she could not refill the OJ for another hour as people were drinking too much of it!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Macgruber M

Dear Richard C.

We appreciate your comments and would like to say how sorry we are for not living up to our Promises. We have shared your information with our staff to ensure nothing like this happens again. I am sorry I was not able to talk with you during the time of your stay. If you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to contact the hotel directly and ask for the General Manager.

Molly Bambl