“Excellent Staff and Crew”

Visalia Sequoia Gateway Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Front desk in the morning Corina Avalos very professional and courteous and Maria the hostess for breakfast is very sweet and sincere, and the graveyard front desk is very helpful and professional. As always we will be returning next year.

Thank you from SBCC Women's Basketball!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank SBCCBBALL
comfort_inn_visalia, General Manager at Visalia Sequoia Gateway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank You !! It's always a pleasure to have you all. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Thanks to someone on the forums, who suggested we stay in Visalia on our trip from Vegas to Sacremento versus Bakersfield or Fresno, we ended up here. It was the perfect stop-over town. The Comfort Inn was one of the most reasonably priced hotels in Visalia. It was extremely easy to get to. I was a little worried as we didn't arrive till 11:30pm and it was dark, I didn't know the area & had 2 small kids with me. The front desk staff was super friendly & helpful. She even offered to give me a pack n play for my 1 year old (I had my own though). The room was clean & very comfy. It was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving so as soon as we got to our room, I busted out my laptop to start doing my Black Friday shopping. The internet worked very good, I didn't find it slow at all. I was able to get done all my online shopping that I wanted. The bed was really comfy too. The breakfast in the morning was great! We got there around 8am & the worker was on top of refilling everything, cleaning, etc. She was very friendly & helpful. They had bagels & cream cheese, yogart, cereal & make your own waffles. They even had a highchair available which made my life so much easier :) I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone & will be staying here again on my next trip to N. Cali.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauren S
comfort_inn_visalia, General Manager at Visalia Sequoia Gateway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Big THANKS ! to the person who suggested you stay at our location. We are so happy to hear you had a pleasant say. We our proud to have friendly staff and it's always a pleasure to make our guests feel right at home. Great job on the online shopping by the way.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The room wasn't cleaned very well and one day my towels were replaced with damp ones. The bathmat was downright WET, like it had just been used. When I took it to the front desk, they were borderline rude about it. Vending machines empty, like they haven't been serviced in a year or more. Hallway reeks of cigarettes, even on a non-smoking floor. Breakfast wasn't good, unless you like cereal a lot.

Room Tip: Third floor smells terrible.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

I truly apologize for not meeting your expectations. I was happy I had the opportunity to speak over the phone with you the Monday following your departure and I sincerely hope you will give us someday another opportunity. We have already addressed all the issues and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

The rooms are quite nice and clean and the beds are comfortable, we brought our memory foam for my pregnant wife and she loved the beds.
The breakfast is ok, there was no sausage or bacon with the eggs which was disappointing but I was told that on Saturday there will be sausage, the coffee is good and so is the hot chocolate.
The staff is nice and helpful but my major issue is the slow Internet which is almost unusable in the weekend, feels worse then dial up, the speed had issues on Thursday as well where its either horribly slow or just disconnects completely. If you need a reliable Internet connection for work or you just want to watch a
Movie get a different hotel because you will not find it here.
The location is by the freeway and there is a nice park for kids a walk away.

• Stayed: September 2013
Luna099, General Manager at Visalia Sequoia Gateway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for your review. Comments such as yours enable us to provide better service for our guests. We are already working on the speed of the internet with our provider. We look forward to having you stay again so you can see the improvements. Once again, Thank you.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed here on our way to Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Parks. We got stuck in SoCal traffic on the way, so did not check in until 9 pm. The staff were very friendly and our room was great, with a very comfortable bed, but there was really no place to eat nearby. We were directed to a gas station on the other side of 198 that had a Quizno's and Pizza Hut, but those were shut down by the time we got there. If you are coming in late, make sure you eat beforehand.
There is just one washing machine and one dryer, so if you are planning to do laundry here, you may have to wait. We were happy that laundry was even available. We did not use the pool (again, we were too late), but it looked nice. Breakfast was fine - waffles, yogurt, and coffee that disappeared quickly but was also replaced quickly, so very fresh. By the way, if you get a room close to the registration desk, you will be awake early. The staff use a cart to prepare for the breakfast, and it rumbled down the hall several times before breakfast was served. My husband is an early riser anyway, and I wanted to get on the road, so not a huge deal, but if you want to sleep in, ask for a room in a quieter spot.
Visalia was a good stop on the way to the national parks, but if you plan to enter the parks on multiple days, you may want to stay in one of the parks. The accommodations aren't nearly as nice, but you would only have to join the lineup to enter the parks once.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Luna099, General Manager at Visalia Sequoia Gateway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Thank you for your comments and recommendations to future guests. We have addressed the noise concerns when preparing for breakfast for our guests convenience. Once again Thank You, your feedback is imperative for our improvement. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located off of Highway 99 and the 198. The room was very clean and the bed wonderfully comfortable. The price was reasonable considering this Is summer. Breakfast items were just ok. Front desk very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013
Luna099, General Manager at Visalia Sequoia Gateway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. My staff and I work very hard to ensure guest satisfaction. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

My room was very big with a king bed, oversize chair w/ottoman and a work desk and chair. Everything in it was spotless and one of the best rooms that I've stayed at in years. The location was very quiet and next to a nice park and golf course. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. Great complimentary breakfast with lots of choices. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you. We truly appreciate your feedback, it's always rewarding to hear comments such as yours. We look forward to seeing you back soon.