Wyndham Visalia
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Majestic Inn(Visalia)
View Hotel
All reviewsholiday innfront deskindoor and outdoor poolscafe californiatennis courtsbreakfast buffetsequoia national parkhotel restaurantgreat customer serviceroad tripvery nice hotelbusiness centernice roomnight's sleepstayed here for one nightbed was comfortablesausage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Room was reasonably comfortable but a bit dated. Whole Hotel appears to need a makeover - in my opinion. We ate breakfast from the buffet which had a good choice. Staff were quite friendly. Not much atmosphere, and rather a gloomy hotel. However, it is convenient for the highway and no problem parking.

Stayed: October 2012
Srummage, General Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Our Chef takes pride in the presentation of our popular breakfast buffet and its many choices. Our convenient location and large complimentary parking, as mentioned, is also popular with our local business community allowing them quick and convenient access to our hotel to enjoy our popular salad bar buffet also. Thank you for your review. The Visalia Holiday Inn Team.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

I had the wonderful opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn in Visalia last weekend and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling or visiting the Visalia area. As soon as we arrived, we were immediately welcomed and greeted. The staff members were very helpful and attentive and the room was very clean and comfortable. The lounge was awesome: great prices, great ambiance, great service, great food, and great entertainment! I would definitely return to this hotel if given another opportunity and would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Jer80

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves on continuing to make improvements everyday to ensure our guests are always pleased with our staff and our accommodations. Mahoganys Lounge has become very popular with our repeat leisure and corporate clients in addition to our local following. We have added Friday night and Saturday night entertainment and also added even more HD flat screen TV’s for our customer’s enjoyment. Again thank you for your comments and we appreciate your business. The Visalia Holiday Inn Team

Reviewed 15 March 2013

While I appreciate that they even have an indoor pool - we were given a room that has windows overlooking the pool and it smelled faintly of chlorine. While not enough to ask for a room change, I fired up the a/c which helped with air circulation (can't open the window obviously). Otherwise, the bed was great; selection of pillow types (I love this feature); room was clean, tv worked fine. Nice big bathroom and shower was clean. Front desk was efficient and pleasant.

Room Tip: Of you are sensitive to smells - ask for a room that doesn't front on the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Hungry_horse_android
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Hungry_horse_android,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stayed here one night on the first night of a trip. Noticed many bed bug bites during my meeting the next day as it took them a few hours to puff out on my skin where they happened. There were many more when I got undressed that night that I found. There is no question that this happened at this hotel as some of the areas like in my shoes had been covered since leaving the hotel that morning. These were definitely bed bug bites as they follow the 3 bites in a row pattern and there were many.

I have addressed this with hotel management but they played the standard policy of denial and citing all their measures to prevent bed bugs. I guess this is mainly due to them getting in even more hot water by showing an admission of knowledge of this or that their hotel is responsible. Then it would open them up to more liability - so in the end, even though I reported it properly to management, they denied and refused to communicate past their initial form letter denial.

So word of caution and be warned. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank 726michaelm
Srummage, General Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you for the information you provided regarding your stay with us on February 19th 2013. I want to reassure you that we take all claims of this nature seriously as we do not want any unpleasant incidents to ever occur.

Due to the fact that you informed us 6 days after checkout via Holiday Inn’s national guest relations website, we were not able to immediately dispatch SteriTech, our pest control upon your checkout. However, after receiving the information we immediately called SteriTech, who inspected the room the same day that we were notified. The official report from them shows no 'pest' activity and was documented in a report we submitted to guest relations per their request. Unaware of your concerns, we continued renting the room as normal during those 6 days from your check out date up until your notification on February 26th 2013 and to date no guest has informed us of any issues with the room.

In addition, housekeeping is also trained to look daily for any suspicious activity every time the rooms are cleaned and again when the rooms have their final inspection before they are released to be rented. We have also purchased what is called BB Alert about 2 years ago. It is a system that can help notify us of any activity well before a problem may occur.

I do not want to discount your claim. I only want to reassure you that we did everything possible to verify your concerns. If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

We stayed here for a night to visit the Sequoia Park. The distance to the park was longer than we had expected, about an hour. The room was comfortable and clean. We had a very nice dinner in the cafe California. We found breakfast was a bit expensive, it costs almost as much as dinner!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple