1,076 results
All reviewsholiday innfront deskindoor and outdoor poolscafe californiabreakfast buffetsequoia national parkhotel restaurantbusiness centerroad tripfamily reuniongreat customer servicevery nice hotelnight's sleepnice roombeds were comfortableaaronrick
Reviewed 29 May 2013

There is a difference between Holiday Inn's and Holiday Inn Express's and this one shows it. While the facility is very nice, the rooms show some age. The place would be great for meetings as there are restaurants and meeting rooms. The room was spacious, but the HVAC was either running or off. It also made a loud vibration noise the whole time. Water was hot and bed comfortable. Staff was friendly and room cleaned each day.

Room Tip: Rm 304 has a loud HVAC unit - works, but has loud vibration noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Garrett S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your compliments regarding our hotel and I am pleased to note that you found our staff to be friendly.

On the other hand, let me take this opportunity to apologize for the noise issues you had with the air conditioning system.

Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and will be used for future improvements. We all hope that you will still give us a chance to serve you in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We got a great deal on this hotel for a night stay. It has two pools, one on the inside right near the counter (you have to walk around the corner) and another outside. It's quite but it also has a bar near the lobby and restaurant to keep you entertained. The center of town isn't that far away, and I found the staff to very helpful and accommodating. We used price line to book the hotel and price line did not mention whether it was a room for 1 person, 2 person, etc... We were traveling with three people and need at least two beds. They didn't have 2 queens, but they found us a room with one king and a pullout, which was nice of them because priceline didn't give us any guarantees on what the room would hold.

Room Tip: This is a 3 and half star hotel, and probably the only one in Visalia. I went on priceline to book it, because I knew it had to be the hotel priceline was referring to. The value I got was better than I could have asked for.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sean N
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

Very clean and modern hotel. Staff is very helpful. Rooms are modern and efficient.

Clientele s professional, it being a conference center too. Families too. Park right opposite hotel.

Kid-friendly! Breakfast buffet included for two by paying $5 extra per room, which would have cost $10.50 each otherwise. Kids always eat free! Breakfast is good - lots of choices of hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast, biscuits & gravy), fresh fruit, fresh juice, cereal, oatmeal etc.

Two pools - indoors and outdoors. Indoor one also has jacuzzi. Both pools are very clean.

Other perk : it's a listed stop for the Sequoia Shuttle (if you'd rather not drive to the National Park yourself ). About 40 miles to the park entrance.

One restaurant in the hotel. Other restaurants are a couple of miles away.

Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Dhorko
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Easy access off of CA99, great parking, gorgeous lobby, fitness center, pool, and conference rooms. Two restaurants and a lounge on property. Good sized room, comfortable bed, 42 inch flat screen, great shower. All one could ask for in a hotel stay and free breakfast included at $104 for a King Executive room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WeOwnAFatCat
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Work sent me out to Visalia, and not knowing the area, I was naturally concerned about accommodations, but this place is delightful. I was pretty early, but they pointed out their business center where I hung out doing odds and ends. I got into my room at noon and was very happy. It was very roomy, quiet, clean, had a comfortable couch and bed. The wifi worked with ease. Big windows, that unfortunately I kept closed because I'm not a friend to the heat or bright sun. I had all my meals in their restaurant and I was very pleased with them. Chicken and strawberry salad for lunch, avocado stuffed with shrimp for dinner and a full buffet breakfast the next morning (the breakfast was included in the price). Check this out, breakfast had Tater Tots! I've never seen Tater Tots included with a buffet and I love Tater Tots. It took a lot of control to settle on one scoupful. The hotal has two pools and a fitness center, if you're so inclined.

Room Tip: I spent $5.00 more and got a room on the executive level with a couch. Best $5.00 I ever spent.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business