1,117 results
All reviews holiday inn front desk indoor and outdoor pools cafe california breakfast buffet sequoia national park hotel restaurant nice hotel nice park road trip great customer service stayed here for one night nice room rick aaron lounge freeway
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I've stayed at this hotel in the past, and as a state employee I seem to get shuffled as far from the main hotel as possible. I was in the back annex, top floor at the very end and as far as you could get from the elevator. The room was the smallest Holiday Inn room I have ever had, not even a relaxing chair. Okay having said that the bar and cafe are very nice, and the pool looked great. Staff were great, and there is plenty of parking. I'll stay again, and ask for a room in the main hotel not the north forty.

Room tip: Ask for the main hotel otherwise it's a long hike to the front desk
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Malcolm F
Samantha R, General Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

The entire Visalia Holiday Inn team would like to offer an apology for the difficulty this matter caused you. The comfort and overall hospitality experience of all our guests, is an important subject matter to our management team. We definitely encourage you to ask for room location alternatives and we will do our very best to accommodate you respectively.

We are very pleased that you approved of our restaurant, lounge, and pool and that our staff was great during your accommodation. We thank you for your detailed feedback and we look forward to have as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was a quick one day trip to visit with family. We had a spacious room with king bed on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool area. Being Priority Club members, we were greeted with a drink voucher as well as two buffet breakfast vouchers (that was a pleasant surprise). The room was clean, with free wifi. The lobby is a bit dated, but has plenty of seating for visiting with friends and family. Smooth check-in and check-out process.

Room tip: Lots of freeway construction going on around the hotel exits.
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Samantha R, General Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

July 12, 2013

It's always a pleasure to know that a guest enjoyed their stay at the Visalia Holiday Inn. Our staff does their very best to make sure each guest receives the best service possible to ensure guest satisfaction.

We thank you for being a valued Priority Club Member and as a reward for your loyalty; we were delighted to provide you with a welcome gift to enjoy. We anticipate you will choose the Visalia Holiday Inn again for any future accommodations and we truly appreciate your feedback.

The Visalia Holiday Inn

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I am going to recommend this hotel, even though there were some drawbacks. Obviously, the most important deterrent that I will mention were the multiple pillowcases which were dirty. I will elaborate. We stayed in a king suite with a double queen room adjoining it, and when I placed the pillow on the pull-out sofa bed, I noticed that it did not smell fresh. I decided to inspect some of the other pillows. One had two brown hairs. Another smelled of conditioner (it smelled nice, but clearly used). Another smelled really awful, like an unwashed head. I sniffed and examined perhaps five pillows before I decided to assume that none of them were clean, and I went down to the front desk to request new pillowcases. I was given four, one for each member of my family, and they all were obviously freshly laundered. The next morning, I asked the room attendant for additional pillowcases, mainly because I wanted to tidy up the room a bit (I had placed the extra pillows with the dirty cases on the floor, and it had become cluttered).

This hotel does have some redeeming features: two clean swimming pools which are modest in size, but nice, free wifi, and a restaurant on the first floor with a chef who can cook. I was impressed with the restaurant, Cafe California - we ate there four or five times. The hotel is in good condition. I will now address some of the aspects which need to be improved.

The laundry room has a dispenser for laundry soap, which was partially out of order. I informed the front desk of this, and they provided me with detergent. While sitting in the laundry center, reading and waiting for my clothes to finish, a housekeeper popped in and taped an "Out of Order" sign to the coin vending dispenser, but she did not attempt to fix it or even find out what was wrong with it. I took out my pen and added that it did work for the fabric softener, but not for the laundry detergent, and also wrote that the front desk has extra detergent; this was for the benefit of other travelers. Two days later, I needed to wash more laundry, and discovered that the sign was gone. I assumed that this meant that it had been serviced, and put in more quarters, which disappeared without the familiar "clunk" of a diminutive box of soap dropping into the trough. So, it still hadn't been repaired. To the hotel: it would be a good idea to fix this promptly.

You will probably be able to hear every person in your hallway shut their door, because the latch is designed for maximum volume. This is standard stuff for a Holiday Inn and others like it. The designers of low to mid-level hotels haven't yet realized that quiet doorknobs do actually exist.

Regarding noise, the air vent, or perhaps something in the duct, seemed to emit a strange clicking noise sporadically, and it was quite noticeable at night. This was rather annoying, but also to be expected with a Holiday Inn. I just amused myself by imagining an entirely different hotel hallway, Lilliputian in size, inside the air duct, and these clicks were the sound of the very small travelers closing their own doorways to rooms the size of matchboxes.

If you have actually read this far, I am astounded. Cheerio.

Date of stay: June 2013

July 12, 2013

The staff of the Visalia Holiday Inn would like to apologize to you and your family for the regrettable circumstances that were encountered during your hotel stay. Our hotel takes a deep concern when uncustomary issues arise that ultimately affect the accommodation experience of its guests. Since your review, management has inquired with the relevant departments to further understand the issues and to develop a better strategy to eradicate the possibility of any reoccurrence. We thank you for your detailed feedback as this will assist in providing a better product for our guests.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your meals at Café California and your final decision to recommend our hotel to others in your review. If your travels bring you back to Visalia, CA; we anticipate you will choose the Visalia Holiday Inn again.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We spent a night here on our tour of California and whilst it was not up to the standard of some of the hotels we could not really complain.
The rooms were clean and comfortable. The shower was good and the coffee in the room reasonable.
We had a good nights sleep and the hotel is well situated for the main highways.
Worth a stop.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Samantha R, General Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for staying at the Visalia Holiday Inn during your excursion of our beautiful California state. We are very pleased to know that your room was clean and comfortable and that you concluded that our hotel is “Worth the stop”.

Our Management Team is always interested in discovering new ways to improve our service, amenities, and the overall experience for all of our guests. If you have a moment to email the General Manager directly at info@altamonthotels.com, it would be extremely helpful to know the specifics of the standards that are personally important to you. This knowledge gives our hotel the opportunity to improve customer satisfaction and eliminate any deficiencies.

We invite you to stay at our hotel again and if you still determine there is a need for improvement, we would appreciate your detailed feedback. We look forward in having you as our guest, again.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I've never been steered wrong by TA so I was disappointed by my experience after reading the great reviews on this place. I needed a place to stop overnight on my way to Yosemite from Southern California and was debating between this place and the Holiday Inn in Selma about 25 miles up the road. I chose Visalia because of the good reviews and because it's a bigger town.

A couple of thoughts on location. For my road trip, I realized in hindsight that the Visalia location is less convenient because you have to get off the 99 freeway onto the 198 freeway, as oppose to the Selma location which is located right off the 99 freeway. Minor point. But the Visalia HI is located near nothing, absolutely nothing. There's a nice park across the street and that's it. It's not actually in town.

On service, I had a few issues. When booking online, I checked the price in the morning and planned to book that evening. By evening, the price had gone up. I called reservations to see if someone could help me but the agent was of little help so I asked to speak to a manager. She put me on hold, I waited for a couple of minutes, then got routed to the main wait line which said the wait was 5 minutes. I hung up and just paid the higher price but was unhappy with the unhelpfulness that I experienced.

I guess HI offers a breakfast buffet. When we went down for breakfast in the morning at around 8:30am, there was a line, quite a long line. Eventually when the hostess came around, we asked her how long the wait was and she said 5-10 mins. Ok. So we waited. 15 mins later, the line had not moved and people were giving up and getting out of line. We overheard a guy in front of us say he had been waiting 30 mins already. So we gave up too and loaded up the truck. 30 mins later, I went to check on breakfast. The line was shorter now so I asked her to tell me honestly how long the wait was because of our experience earlier that morning. And the hostess gave me such attitude that I was taken aback. It was Memorial Day weekend, she said, and the hotel was at maximum capacity and everyone came down for breakfast all at once, etc...I walked away feeling scolded. So we checked out and got breakfast outside. The HI system of breakfast buffet where you have to wait to be seated seems very inefficient to me. I normally stay at the HI Express and I've never had any problems with the seat and serve-yourself style of breakfast.

The front desk was very friendly. The rooms were standard for a HI. Nice enough. The windows opened a few inches, which is good for some fresh air. We had a truck full of camping stuff and were nervous about it in the parking lot overnight. I did run into night patrol in the parking lot late at night. He said he was patrolling all night so that was reassuring.
Our room had a clogged sink and bathtub drain so we had to call for service to unclog them. No other issues.

The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. We faced the parking lot and although we could see the freeway, the noise did not bother us at night. We looked at the indoor pool, which was really nice, but had a strong smell of chlorine so I could see how rooms facing the pool might smell it.

Overall, I'd say this experience was not the best, not the worst. I've certainly had better experiences at Holiday Inn. But prices are decent and it's pretty comfortable.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Dear stilla,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We are disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience when you visited the restaurant, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We are pleased that you did enjoy a comfortable, quiet room and the issue you did have was dealt with in a timely fashion.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Regards,